Profile for Mascaroy > Reviews

Half Life
Half Life
Price: 2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read!, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Half Life (Kindle Edition)
A fascinating story, pacy and exciting. I have to confess I didn't understand all the technical stuff but that didn't matter. The atmosphere created in the book was tremendous and obviously well researched. A very good read!

Mrs. Pargeter's Package (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Mrs. Pargeter's Package (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars light-hearted enjoyment!, 20 July 2014
Simon Brett is a superb writer and his Mrs Pargeter is a gem! Read any of this series for sheer, light-hearted enjoyment!

Ealing Studios DVD Collection - Champagne Charlie/The Maggie/It Always Rains On Sunday/Whisky Galore
Dvd ~ Basil Radford
Price: 22.33

3.0 out of 5 stars We started towatch It always rains on Sunday and it was dire ..., 20 July 2014
The Maggie and Whisky Galore are superb films which we have watched on video several times over the last 20+ years. We started to watch It always rains on Sunday and it was dire - we gave up after half an hour! Consequently we didn't bother to watch Champagne Charlie so I cannot comment on that. However, the first 2 films I mentioned make the purchase worthwhile.

Crooked Cats' Tales
Crooked Cats' Tales
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of short stories in general but ..., 20 July 2014
I'm not a fan of short stories in general but this book contains some really entertaining tales. It is well worth a read!

Death of a Kingfisher (Hamish Macbeth)
Death of a Kingfisher (Hamish Macbeth)
by M.C. Beaton
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars I really love the Hamish Macbeth mysteries - have read just about ..., 20 July 2014
I really love the Hamish Macbeth mysteries - have read just about all of them and would give most of them 5 stars. This was good but a bit darker than usual and I found the 2 children somewhat hard to believe. Hamish is still a great character though.

A Species of Revenge: An Inspector Gil Mayo Mystery
A Species of Revenge: An Inspector Gil Mayo Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
This was a great read, full of twists and turns. I shall certainly read more in this series.

Hudora 14709 Big Wheel Scooter 205 mm PC Wheels
Hudora 14709 Big Wheel Scooter 205 mm PC Wheels

5.0 out of 5 stars This review is by a 60+ buyer and I am delighted with the scooter, 20 July 2014
Two of the reviews i read were by 30+ purchasers. This review is by a 60+ buyer and I am delighted with the scooter. We live uphill from our local high street so I can scoot down in about 3 minutes (a 7 minute walk!) and mainly walk back up the hill, leaning on the scooter when it's particularly steep. I have had the odd comment about 2nd childhood but generally most people are quite impressed - 2 ladies thought I had an engine on it! - and think it's a great idea!
Actually, it probably is a 2nd childhood thing as I had a scooter in my youth but I find it great fun and useful. A really first class purchase!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 4:01 PM BST

Not With A Whimper
Not With A Whimper
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The pace moves along quickly with no unnecessary wordiness. A great read which I recommend, 20 July 2014
It was fascinating to read a book actually written in the time of the Cold War which made it so much more believable. No mention of personal computers, mobile phones etc! The pace moves along quickly with no unnecessary wordiness. A great read which I recommend!

Holy Murder (A Detective Inspector Paul Amos Lincolnshire Mystery)
Holy Murder (A Detective Inspector Paul Amos Lincolnshire Mystery)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book - was just a little unsure ..., 20 July 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book - was just a little unsure as to the personal relationship between the police officers. However, I will certainly read another Paul Amos mystery.

Mrs. Pargeter's Pound of Flesh (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Mrs. Pargeter's Pound of Flesh (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars First class entertainment, 26 Mar 2014
If you only read one Mrs Pargeter book make it this one, although it is more than likely you will want to read more about this redoubtable lady. This book is funny, the plot is clever, she comes close to meeting her maker and there is a clever twist near the end. It is pure entertainment.

Page: 1 | 2