Profile for C. Watt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Glory to Glory
Glory to Glory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, well produced, original CD, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Glory to Glory (Audio CD)
I am pretty fussy about my music, and there are a lot of independent Christian artists out there who decide to make a CD just because they can.

But this CD really impressed me. Well produced, full satisfying sound, lyrically inventive, each song original but similar enough that they blend together as one piece of work. With most musicians I get fed up after two or three songs, and to be honest I normally listen to compilation albums or just shuffle my music collection. But this CD I was happy to leave on repeat in my car for a couple of weeks and only took out because it was time for Christmas music)!

My personal favourites are "Body of Christ" "For Who You Are" "My Lovely Child", and my daughter loves the more upbeat "Firefall".

KC-Electronics - TRIPLE PACK - Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Red Wave Gel Skin Case Cover + Micro USB In Car Charger + LCD Screen Protector Guard
Offered by ONX3

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality., 25 Nov. 2012
The cover is a perfect fit, and really comfortable to hold. The car charger is an added bonus. Screen protector - well I think that's down to the skills of the person applying it, so its not fab but that's probably just me. Worth it just for gel cover, it is far too slippery a phone to use without one.

Dream War
Dream War

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fiction - desperately seeking a sequel, 16 July 2012
This review is from: Dream War (Kindle Edition)
Great piece of original sci-fi, got caught up in it until the wee small hours for quite a few nights! Fingers crossed for a sequel...

A Girl Called Barney: Loving an autistic child is so easy... and so hard
A Girl Called Barney: Loving an autistic child is so easy... and so hard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, moving, 21 Jun. 2012
One of the best and most moving books I have read this year. Although it is fiction, the descriptions of experiences and the emotions around them are so genuine, you forget that Barney isn't a real child (though based on the authors own experiences and those of people he has met), and you want to know how she is growing and developing. Any chance of a sequel to highlight the difficulties of living with autism as a teenager?

See Through
See Through

4.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: See Through (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was perhaps going to be metaphorical, looking in depth at someone sinking into mental illness. But it's actually more of a sci-fi / fantasy! Slightly bizarre but definitely an original idea.

Eat Less Without Trying To Eat Less (The Food Philosophy Book 1)
Eat Less Without Trying To Eat Less (The Food Philosophy Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 21 Jun. 2012
Although I agree with much of the information the author claims to have researched at length, i.e. diets make you fat. I think it would take a lot of external support and coaching to help an individual meet the guidelines to really set themselves free of their previous actions and mindset.

There is also no reference to eating disorders or medical conditions that affect diet, e.g. diabetes, digestive disorders etc. and I feel further guidance or where to go for help should be included when you consider the variety of individuals who may want to read this book. Otherwise this is really for the select few, and would also exclude those with young children - as some of the tasks require you to set aside a lot of time parents just don't have!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting historical read, 21 Jun. 2012
Interesting read, giving a lot of historical insight. I would be interested in reading more, as more records are released in time. Possibly not as interesting for those who don't work in / have a knowledge of mental health establishments.

All Surface Swingball
All Surface Swingball

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential for any garden, 17 May 2012
I am about to buy a new swingball. Our previous set lasted almost five years, the final two years being out in the garden 24/7. After five years amazingly the bats were still intact, and pole rusting was minimal. We had put sand in the base, and eventually we had bother getting the pole to stay in.

I am very impressed at how long it lasted, and the hours and hours my daughter has spent playing with it alone and with other children. Great for her to release tension - a few minutes after school each day before coming indoors, rain or shine.
Worth every penny!

Teleport This (Small Universe Book 1)
Teleport This (Small Universe Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - looking forward to the sequel, 16 Feb. 2012
I am a bit of a sci-fi geek, and this ticked all the right boxes for me. Imaginative, funny, well thought out, (like why so many aliens look human) well written, believable (as all great scifi should be - you believe their version of reality is a real possibility) and left me wanting to know more of the adventures of the characters.

Trapezian wine should become as read about as the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

The book was SO much better than I thought it would be - I would've paid double for such a great story which I will definitely read again - after I've read the next one "soul to soul"!

The Adoration of Jenna Fox
The Adoration of Jenna Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 7 July 2011
I didn't realise that this was meant to be a teen book, I enjoyed it so much! Subtle sci fi, not unlike Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.

Page: 1 | 2