Profile for Mean Woman > Reviews

Content by Mean Woman

Mean Woman (St. Albans, England)

Dr Martens Womens Elate Mayen Black Boots 15551001 9 UK, 43 EU
Dr Martens Womens Elate Mayen Black Boots 15551001 9 UK, 43 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous boots – just what I wanted!, 21 Oct 2013
I was so pleased to find these in my size – nine – as they were just what I was looking for! I read the other reviews that said about the tight-fitting calves on these, but thought I would take a chance – and I am so glad I did. They are an absolutely perfect fit and comfortable from the moment I put them on. I had no problems at all with them being too tight around the calves and I am a size 14 so not a skinny minny! They are a good long length – I'm 6ft 1 so this matters – and are beautiful leather. I'm sure they are going to last and last. So, if you are thinking of buying these, go for it – you won't regret it!

The Ultimate 50s-60s-early 70s Rock and Roll Trivia Quiz Book
The Ultimate 50s-60s-early 70s Rock and Roll Trivia Quiz Book
by Duncan Holmes
Price: 10.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Good content; poor-quality product, 18 Jun 2013
My dad is a huge fan of rock and roll trivia and this had enough questions in it to keep him reading for a year! However, it is pretty poor quality, had a spelling mistake on the cover (let alone what may be inside) and looks like it may fall apart at any minute. I assume it's self-published, which would explain the quality. In which case - give the guy a book deal!

Neoprene Double Pull Lumbar Brace - Large
Neoprene Double Pull Lumbar Brace - Large
Offered by BabyMad Ltd
Price: 7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support for a bad back, 18 Jun 2013
My partner had been suffering with a bad back and an osteopath recommended using one of these while he was at work to support his back. This did the job perfectly, was easily adjustable to fit, comfortable to use – and about a quarter of the price the osteopath was charging for a similar product! Definitely recommended.

Dr Martens Women's Jenny Boot
Dr Martens Women's Jenny Boot
Price: 100.00 - 156.25

2.0 out of 5 stars What a shame!, 28 Sep 2011
Lots of comments on here about the width of the boots around the calves and unfortunately, they are massive! I don't have skinny legs, just average, but these looked like giant wellies. Such a shame as they otherwise fit well and are warm and comfortable. I'm sending them back as they just don't look at all good.

Left Behind: World at War [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Left Behind: World at War [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Louis Gossett Jr.
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 17.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This film made me lose the will to live., 2 Jan 2008
Oh my God. Rather than a film, this was more like some sort of Christian conversion attempt; featuring numerous speeches of how God will save you and how baby Jebus is our saviour, etc. Including more plot holes than a something with lots of plot holes in, this was a waste of an hour and a half.

Sony DSC-S600 Digital Camera - Silver (6.0MP, 3 x Optical Zoom) 2.0" LCD
Sony DSC-S600 Digital Camera - Silver (6.0MP, 3 x Optical Zoom) 2.0" LCD

2.0 out of 5 stars It WAS good., 1 Aug 2007
This camera was fantastic for about a year, with the large lcd screen and excellent picture quality. Buy it. However, it broke, for once it wasn't my fault, it just broke- won't turn on, and if it does it turns itself off whenever you take a picture. The customer service is quite appalling, and I can't send it for repair. grrr.

Ion IED-01 Electronic drum kit
Ion IED-01 Electronic drum kit

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad, 9 April 2007
An excellent kit for under 500, with only a few minor problems, but for under 500, very good. It was fairly hard to set up, but only because there weren't good instructions, the headphones included don't work as they are for an amp socket and it was a usb kit, and the pedals have a bad reputation for going off when you don't want them to, and double and triple beats often happen.

very good though, and an excellent, fun toy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2010 6:14 PM GMT

ION USB Electronic Drum Kit with Game and Learn Software
ION USB Electronic Drum Kit with Game and Learn Software

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad..., 29 Mar 2007
Well, this drum kit looked great. After a relatively easy set up, I was playing in no time. It does have a large number of sounds, and is fairly easy to use.

However, it came with no instructions in the box, and the online instructions were written in broken english and very hard to follow. The hi hat pedal did not work with the drum kit, i.e, no open hi hat sound, and I cannot see how it could ever work (there are not enough ports for it.)

Although the kit promised that you could play along to songs, play a drumming game, and record yourself playing, none of these features worked. Also, after playing for around four months, the nail holding the snare pad snapped under the shock, and many parts have since flown off of the kit while I have been playing.

This kit would probably be great for young kids, if the features will ever work, but if you are a serious drummer, don't buy this, as you will be left disappointed, and go for a yamaha or roland electronic kit.