Profile for M. Harris > Reviews

Content by M. Harris

M. Harris "Alive n Kicking" (Prestwick)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 2)
Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 2)
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite Ordinary, 23 Sep 2013
Found this book a little boring and the story draggedThe main character did not appeal to me, a bit too deep and troubled for me.

Extraordinary People (The Enzo Files)
Extraordinary People (The Enzo Files)
Price: 1.19

3.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read, 22 Sep 2013
Found this book interesting, but not riveting. The main character was appealing and there was a smattering of humour to amuse the reader. May, as usual knew the country and people well and described the locations in great detail. However I felt the plot was pretty far fetched and hard to believe. I also felt the storyline was slow in places and found I was starting to skip pages. Not on a par with the Lewis Trilogy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2014 10:03 PM GMT

Calorie Counter (Collins Gem)
Calorie Counter (Collins Gem)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 9 May 2013
I required a basic calorie counter. This sort of does that. I think the contents could be organised more effectively to enable the reader to locate foods without lots of searching. I am getting used to the layout and searches are speeding up.

Calorie Counter by FatSecret
Calorie Counter by FatSecret
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Complicated, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
I bought this to speed up basic calorie counting. The app is a complete weight loss package and required a lot of input before being able to access the calorie counting facility. Not what I was looking for.

Easy To Crochet 2 Hour Slippers
Easy To Crochet 2 Hour Slippers
Price: 1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy Slippers, 9 May 2013
This is a great pattern to produce lovely, cosy slippers in next to no time. To date I have made one pair in a very chunky yarn and they turned out really well. They have been much admired and I have requests by friends to make some for them. I think that will be Christmas sorted. Recommend.

Card Making
Card Making
Price: 0.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful App, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Card Making (App)
I used to do a lot of card making but other craft hobbies have taken over my time. I bought this app so that I had something on hand when I needed an occasion card. I have not used it as much as I should as I'm often in a rush or forget I've got it. The cards I have completed have been successful, straightforward to make and very much appreciated. Recommend.

Susan's Irish Baby Hat and Shamrock Crochet Pattern
Susan's Irish Baby Hat and Shamrock Crochet Pattern
Price: 1.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Had me stumped., 9 May 2013
I have a number of cloche style hat patterns but bought this one as the stitch was different and the shamrock detail looked lovely. I am an experienced crocheter but could not master the stitch used in the design. I made several attempts to master the 'lean back slightly and dc into the last stitch' but gave up eventually. Gave this pattern 2 stars as I have used the shamrock detail on other hats.

Cloche Hat with Two Flowers Crochet Pattern
Cloche Hat with Two Flowers Crochet Pattern
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Bonnet, 9 May 2013
I love crochet and I love cloche hats so this was an obvious pattern choice for me. I also like the large flowers and cluster detail that make this design a bit different from the ones I currently own. Instructions were straightforward and I successfully completed the hat in a few hours. Recommend.

1st to Die (Women's Murder Club)
1st to Die (Women's Murder Club)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Patterson does it again, 22 April 2013
I've been a huge fan of James Patterson for years and this novel does not fall short. This is the first Women's Murder Club I've read, and it won't be the last. The gruesome crime scenes are the work of a vile, twisted mind and as the plot develops the race to stop this weirdo becomes increasingly urgent. As always, with Patterson, the main characters are wonderfully drawn. If you enjoy a good, thriller with a fair amount of gore this is one to bag.

The Sex Club (A Detective Jackson Mystery)
The Sex Club (A Detective Jackson Mystery)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good read, 12 April 2013
Not sure why, but I expected to be disappointed by this novel. Thought it would dwell too much on the teenage sex and lack strong characters and worthwhile plot. I was wrong on both counts. Will certainly download a couple more by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5