Profile for M. Trill > Reviews

M. Trill "Mike" (UK)

Falling Home
Falling Home

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Falling Home (Audio CD)
Great album, intelligent re workings of some old songs (not all theirs) plus a new one. Wasn't expecting to enjoy as much this given the bands changes since the excellent Road Salt albums, but fortunately I was wrong!

Hall Of The Mountain Grill [VINYL]
Hall Of The Mountain Grill [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Listed as special edition white/yellow vinyl - it isn't, 11 Aug. 2013
I originally give this 1 star, as the product was listed as the 'Limited Edition Yellow Vinyl Reissue' but it wasn't.

The quality of the music (if you like Hawkwind!) and pressing and packaging gets 5 stars, good quality 180 gram vinyl.

I've given this product 4 stars, as I believe its overpriced here.

Warrior On The Edge Of Time [VINYL]
Warrior On The Edge Of Time [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Great reproduction and fantastic remix by Steven Wilson in stereo and 5.1, 22 July 2013
Great to hear the original mix and the new from the master Mr Wilson. I'm not going to review the music itself as it speaks for itself!

Sat listening to the 5.1 mix which is totally immersive, while sniffing the vinyl! Anyone who is too young to recall the smell of a new album may think I'm mad, but I think 'my' generation will get what I mean.

Now can someone recommend a decent record player to play it on for a few hundred quid? I've got an old stereo
Amp which I can unbox!

Xcessor Triple Flange Conical Replacement Silicone Earbuds 4 Pairs (Set of 8 Pieces). Compatible With Most In Ear Headphone Brands. Size: LARGE. Black
Offered by Accessory Department

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Value for money. But not as good as more expensive originals from Monster, 27 Feb. 2013
These were bought as a direct replacement for the triple flange earbuds that came with Monster Turbine in-ear headphones.

They are not made of the same material it is very flimsey in comparision to the originals, therefore they don't provide the same fit or noise isolation.

For the price and the fact you can't buy replacements from Monster in the UK, I WOULD recommend these if like me you've managed to loose one or the originals. Just be aware they are likely to fall out a lot more, as the flange's don't anchor.

NETGEAR DGND4000-100UKS N750 Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

1.0 out of 5 stars Not stable with 5mhz band enabled, 21 Feb. 2013
I bought this to replace a Netgear DG632 (modem) and Netgear Rangemax wireless router (WNR834B), both of which I have had for several years and could not fault. Sadly the modem was locking up and hanging (I suspected a faultly PSU) every few days.

The N750 turned up, was easiliy configured and up and running in no time at all. First impressions were fantastic, my old DG632 connected at 16mb/s, but the N750 connected at 19 mb/s! (I can almost see the exchange, and I am on ADSL2+.

The N750 is duel band, and I wanted to be able to stream data to a USB Drive attached to a port on the router to PC's via wireless (this is a supported function).

I found I had to go into the advanced config to enable the 5mhz network, it was not enabled by default.

I plugged the drive into the N750 and tried to connect to it, and then the fun started. The router started to crash and completely lock up. My first impression was that there was a power issue or something on the phone line. Occasionly after powering on and off, it would loose the network settings and I would have to enable them again. The router would crash with four hours of been reset.

I turned off the 5 mhz network, and I got back a stable perfectly working wireless router, with no lock ups. reenable the 5mhz and away it would go.

I have some legacy devices that are WEP only (destined for the bin), so I was restricted to running the N750 in 802.11g mode, but even this was not as good as the old Rangemax router. I have an airport express plugged into a hifi upstairs, and I cannot stream from an ipod touch to the express via the N750. Plug the old Rangemax back in, and it works a treat. I was hoping ofr better proformance not a step backwards, if the product had worked I would have been able to run WEP and WPA2 at the same time on the different bands.

I have had a number of netgear products in the past, and have always recommended them to my friends. But given my experiences with this product, I would certainly not recommend this one to anyone else.

Anyway, result is the wep devices are going to be sold and replaced, and I am going to get a single band wireless router running 802.11n. Of course the N750 will be returned for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2013 9:11 AM GMT

12 Pack of M2 x 3mm Small Laptop Screws Black Zinc Laptop Machine Screw Phillips Head / This screw is used on every make and model of laptop, Dell, Toshiba, Hp, Compaq,Ibm,Fujitsu,Samsung,Medion,Acer,Sony,Apple,Alienware,Gateway,Lenovo,Asus,LG,NEC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for HP Envy Spectre SSD Addition, 5 Feb. 2013
Bought these to help with an SSD upgrade for my HP SPECTRE 14. The screws (you only need one) are a perfect fit.

Corsair AX1200 Professional Series AX 1200W ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit!, 30 July 2012
My old Corsair HX850 packed up, and I needed a quick replacement. The 850 was covered by warrenty, but I couldn't wait for the unit to be turned around. I may upgrade the graphics card in the future, hence the upgrade in power.

Pros:
Easy to fit.
Quiet (compared to my old HX850)
Enough cables to run a small power station (ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the general idea)

Cons:
For a supply of this price, I would have thought that may some of the core cables could have been made just a little longer to allow 'tidy' fitting in a larger case. But everything thing reached so I didn't knock a star off.

I was supprised at how much quieter this power supply was compared to the previous one. An unexpected bonus! Definatley a good buy if you can stretch to it, but make sure you are during enough power to justify the 1200 over the 850 version.