Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 17 Jan. 2011
Although it's not advertised as such, this is fantastic as a hangover minimiser.

Usually, a couple of beers give me a headache and uneasy feelings the next day. Not so with these pills, though. I took them over New Year whilst in Poland and felt absolutely fine the mornings after.

Of course, nothing will protect you from drinking too much but these did help me with my inability to metabolise alcohol. They also minimised the red cheeks.

I hope Amazon gets hold of some more soon!

Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD]
Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various Artist
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you've done this kind of thing before., 17 Jan. 2011
I bought this dvd to motivate me to get fit for skiing. I didn't get very far. Unless you are able to pick up a series of moves quickly then don't bother. I felt like a guy who'd been thrown into a dance class and was left out of time, out of shape and out of control at the back.

That's the last time I apply metrosexuality to my fitness choices.

What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Speed-Reading People: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-reading People
by Joe Navarro

4.0 out of 5 stars Padded out, 17 Jan. 2011
There is a lot of great information in this book. Useful, too.

There is also a lot of padding. To highlight the validity of his findings he includes a lot of examples from his career. This makes sense but there's also a lot of unnecessary filling.

His main advice is to observe not just see. Makes sense but if you're hoping for a book that details 101 ways to spot a liar or to read people then you'll be disappointed. That said, it's worth getting the book for what it does give you: a method of analysing people around you.

Hypnotherapy 1
Hypnotherapy 1

4.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the voice., 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Hypnotherapy 1 (MP3 Download)
I've tried a few of these over the past year and this is definitely the best.

Russell Binns has a voice that is very easy to listen to. I tried Paul McKenna's but couldn't get past the fact that he was using an unnaturally low voice.

This one, however, had me concentrating on the words and instructions/suggestions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy for skiing., 28 Dec. 2010
Good (I imagine) if you sit in a chair all day. Bad if you like to move.

Do NOT buy these as a layer for skiing. They lost their shape and became very baggy at the bottom (think wizard's sleeve). Also, they are not thick enough for the intended purpose. My wife had to wear tights and these under her ski pants. We now need to buy better thermals for next time.

i-nique Executive Soft Napa Leather Cover (Sansa Fuze) - Black
i-nique Executive Soft Napa Leather Cover (Sansa Fuze) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as earlier ones., 18 Nov. 2010
I bought one of these for my wife about four months ago and it came with a metal karabiner to hook onto things. She loved it so I thought I'd get one for me.

Rather than the metal karabiner, the one I received today has a cheap plastic curtain ring thing. It's a disappointment.

The rest of it looks good so far, though.

P.S. If the seller would like to send me the metal karabiner, I'd appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot stuff., 11 July 2010
I lost two stone using this product!!!

OK. So, I didn't lose any weight but it almost certainly brought my blood pressure down. No question about that.

Definitely take it/them with food, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars My wife checked the colour, 11 July 2010
The colour didn't match the picture. I paid for return postage and sent it back. I got a prompt refund for the shirt but saw nothing of the return postage cost. Not sure why I should have to pay for return postage when the product did not match the picture.

If you don't care what colour your shirt is then go for it.

Laptop Charger for HP Compaq 6720s Compatible Laptop Power Supply Charger Adapter AC Adaptor - 12 Month Warranty (Supplied by Cambridge Accessories) - "Laptop Power UK" (TM) Branded
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Get in the hole, 16 Dec. 2009
Well, it turned up quickly. But it doesn't fit securely in the hole. In fact, it falls out occasionally. Keep an eye on it and it'll be ok, though.