Profile for Dan J W > Reviews

Content by Dan J W

Dan J W (London)

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 25 Jun 2013
Oliver Tidy is self published, and self edited, and it does occasionally show: I found a "could of" instead of "could have", an "of" instead of "off" and some other typos and grammatical errors. I'm a pedant, and these mistakes nearly put me off reading the book. I'm glad I carried on, The plot is well constructed and interesting, complex enough to keep you guessing, without straining your belief. Both Romney and March are likeable and believable, and work well together. Thanks Oliver, I downloaded this one for free, I'll make sure I pay for the next ones! Just find someone to proofread one last time for you.... : )
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 4:49 AM BST

Stuck Bath Plug
Stuck Bath Plug
Offered by CuteBitz Limited
Price: 9.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but doesn't stop water going out of the bath., 1 May 2012
This review is from: Stuck Bath Plug (Kitchen & Home)
It's sweet, but it doesn't actually stop the water leaving the bath - so not top-notch as far as plugs go. A pity - should just have been a little deeper and it would have worked.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 1 May 2012
This seems to perfectly span the distance between expensive hard boxes and cheap bags. OK, it's still expensive, but when your bike's worth over a 1000 then you worry when you fly with it. This seems to protect well - only 2 flights so far, both without a hitch - and it's easy to use. It's also quite light, so if you're putting a light bike in it, you don't go over your 20 kg allowance. They could have made a better handle for the front, but I still recommend it.

OtterBox Commuter Case for Apple iPhone 3G/3GS - Black
OtterBox Commuter Case for Apple iPhone 3G/3GS - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Serves and Protects, 17 May 2010
Easy to install, makes me feel the phone isn't going to get trashed when I accidentally drop it, or get caught in the rain. It is not waterproof, but it does add another layer for the rain to get through. Also, the moulded back is easier to hold on to than the slidey original back.. recommended.

Garmin Edge 605 GPS-enabled Cycle Trainer and Navigator
Garmin Edge 605 GPS-enabled Cycle Trainer and Navigator

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 14 April 2010
I wanted a GPS device to help me explore roads on my bike - I seem to spend a lot of my time standing at crossroads with a map in my hand. It has been good at helping me do that but not perfect. It is really designed to log your route and not to guide you, so getting it to navigate takes a little fiddling at the beginning. Get a City Navigator map (not a topo) and then plan your routes on a PC. I use bikehike.co.uk for the important reason that it allows me to export GPXX files, which don't have the 100 waypoint limit, which is a bizarre and arbitrary limit for normal GPX files. The Edge will then guide you along the route, beeping to warn you of upcoming junctions and generally keeping you on track. It is slightly buggy, starts slowly and occasionally just gets so confused it closes down - but it has still allowed me to plan long rides in areas I didn't know and get there and back safely. It has also admirably survived a monstrous downpour! All in all, a good product but I do occasionally call it names...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2012 6:39 PM BST