Profile for Jon > Reviews

Content by Jon

Jon "Fantasy Fanactic" (Ireland)

Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Offered by Digi Flash
Price: 24.00

2.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP feeling and not what I expected from a Logitech product, 9 April 2014
I have now had 3 different versions of this mouse - spread over more than 10 years.
The previous 2 were high-quality products (felt right) and I still have both of them to this day and they both work.

As soon as I got this one, it just felt cheap. The Trackball itself is the main problem - it is not heavy enough.
I know it used to be a MARBLE Trackball and now it is a GRAPHITE Trackball so it will be lighter but making it lighter has made it seem flimsy and it is unresponsive.

I changed the Trackball with my old wireless version (RED MARBLE) and the whole product not only felt better but responded more smoothly.

In summary, if you have used this type of Trackball from Logitech before you will be disappointed.

Lavolta Super Slim Cooling Stand Pad for Upto 15 inch Notebook with 140mm Cooler Fan and Double USB Connector - Black
Price: 14.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 11 Oct 2013
Performance is not great on this product.
I am revising the whole idea of the concept of a fan 'blowing' towards the laptop as being an efficient cooling mechanism.
I have had CPU overheating issues with this product.

It does what it says it does but that system is basically wrong, in my opinion and based on empirical evidence.

Brita Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges - Pack of 6
Brita Maxtra Water Filter Cartridges - Pack of 6
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 11 Oct 2013
I live in a very hard-water area and a pack of 3 MAXTRA filters at my local supermarket costs 16 Euro. I got this pack of 6 for 22 Euro.

Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
Price: 22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Oct 2013
great price.
I love the filter system as I am in a very hard-water area.

Would recommend it to others

The Sworn: The Fallen Kings Cycle: Book One
The Sworn: The Fallen Kings Cycle: Book One
by Gail Z. Martin
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars New series in 'Necromancer' cycle, 26 April 2011
I Loved the 'Chronicles of The Necromancer' series and this continuation is welcome.

It starts slowly, as it setting the scene for this cycle of books so nothing major happens. Becoming reacquainted with familiar characters is the main focus.

I enjoyed the book and would recommend, however, do not purchase unless you have read the 'Chronicles of the Necromancer' series or you will be lost.

Jon