Profile for Scottish Dave > Reviews

Content by Scottish Dave

Scottish Dave (Edinburgh, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle
Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: 8.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational & Fun, 6 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You get two jigsaws here. A 36 piece girl with labels to her insides and a 24 piece boy with labels to his outsides. It's fun, educational and a lovely item (colourful, recycled material, optional slit at the top that you can remove to post back the pieces). My only complaint is the Amazon page says 3 and above while the box says 4-7 year. I bought it for my niece who I think is a bit young for it and the 4-7 years on the box is more realistic. They make the most of the packaging with some fun facts and also helpful hints about how to use the game. Would have gave it 5 stars if it wasn't for the age confusion.

Dinosaur Christmas
Dinosaur Christmas
by Jerry Palotta
Price: 5.42

4.0 out of 5 stars More A Dinosaur Book Than Christmas Book, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Christmas (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book will appeal to fans of dinosaurs. The story is based on Santa looking back at all the dinosaurs from the past that tried to pull his sleigh before reindeers existed. As a Christmas book it's okay but I'm sure dinosaur fans will love it. The story contains all the names of the dinosaurs, some of which I found difficult to pronounce never mind a young child! There's far better Christmas books out there and I would only recommend it if you child is a big dinosaur fan.

Philips SHL5605BL/10 CitiScape Downtown Headphones with Music Seal/Memory Foam Cushions - Blue Denim
Offered by C-GEAR
Price: 27.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased!, 30 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually spend around the 20-40 mark for headphones so this was a slight step up in price and I think it was worth it. They are comfortable to wear, look decent enough (denim style material) but best of all have very good sound quality. They are definitely a step up in sound compared to budget headphones. The noise reduction is excellent for this price range. What I found impressive was that you didn't have to have the volume terribly high to get rid of the outside sound. The covering that comes with the headphones almost gives you a surround sound rather than straight in your ear - very impressive. The lead is short at 1.2m which suits me fine as I use it with an iPod/iPhone in my pocket. These are most definitely not meant for use with a device like a stereo where you want to sit a bit away from the device. I find with longer leads they tend to break after a while because I have to wind it around in my pocket so the shorter lead was a pleasant surprise. Overall very pleased!

Zyliss Swivel Peeler
Zyliss Swivel Peeler
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Peeler I Have Used, 10 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm used to the more traditional rounded style peeler with the handles coming down both sides to the blades. This is the first time I've used a knife style peeler and I rather liked it. It has a natural feel with the handle and I found I was able to peel at quite a quick rate with very few peels getting stuck in the blades. It feels a quality sturdy product and it is probably the best overall peeler I have used. 4.99 is a reasonable enough price and I would recommend it.

VANGUARD Endeavor ED 8545 Binoculars
VANGUARD Endeavor ED 8545 Binoculars
Price: 339.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For This Price Range, 8 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first pair of binoculars in this price range and I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried as this is a quality product. The optics are fantastic giving a far clearer view than any other cheaper models that I have used with a satisfyingly fast focus. The weight is just right - not to heavy but not too light to feel flimsy, very comfortable to carry for long periods of time. The decent strap helps with this too although I might replace the case in the future. Overall I think you would struggle to find a better pair of binoculars in this price range - recommended.

LeapFrog Touch Magic Ocean Music School
LeapFrog Touch Magic Ocean Music School
Price: 15.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots Of Educaional Fun!, 8 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's always a good sign when we spent quite a while playing with this toy before we passed it on to the wee one! This is a fairly big toy (about roughly the size of an old 12" vinyl LP record). It comes packed in a card outer and you can switch it on and try before removing the packaging. Despite its relative large size it's very light and has a handy handle at the top for small hands to carry. It has a flat surface with various picture of sea creatures. There are a variety of programmes (compose/song/game) letting you touch a particular animal, colour etc or just simply experiment with their different instruments. The interactive nature of it is great - lots of different sounds and bright colours. For the price of around 20 I think it's pretty good value too and I can thoroughly recommend it!

Small Bunny's Blue Blanket
Small Bunny's Blue Blanket
by Tatyana Feeney
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Adorable!, 18 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an adorable book. The story is about baby bunny whose blanket dirty blanket has to get washed by mummy bunny and the emotions of the whole episode. Okay doesn't sound so adorable the way I put it but the book is written with lots of love and the illustrations are perfect for the story. I can't recommend this book highly enough for any child (or parent!) who has a blanket! It takes just a few minutes to read but it a very lovingly told story with a happy ending!

The Easy Way to Lose Weight with Hypnosis
The Easy Way to Lose Weight with Hypnosis
by Benjamin Bonetti
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me I'm Afraid!, 6 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I couldn't get more than a few minutes into this. Ripped the CD into my iTunes for easy listening (it is split into two tracks - one 10 minutes and the second over an hour). But upon listening I just couldn't take it seriously - the narrators cheesy voice over equally cheesy background music. You get all the warnings about having be to 18 or over, not driving etc for safety at the beginning of the first track which made me laugh a bit. It might work for some people but not for me I'm afraid.

Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by Gordons Direct
Price: 18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent At Removing Hair But Messy!, 4 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for my wife and she wasn't fully convinced by the product. Takes a long time to warm up (best part of half an hour) then very messy to use. You do get wipes to remove the excess wax which do a reasonable enough job but the big problem is that they soon run out. It did do a decent enough job a removing hair with only slight pain but our overall feeling was that it was more hassle than it was worth, especially with being left with sticky wax over skin and no wipes left to help clean it off. Not inclined to use it again.

Philips DVT 1000 Digital Recorder with 2 Mic Stereo Recording
Philips DVT 1000 Digital Recorder with 2 Mic Stereo Recording
Offered by TnD-Electronics
Price: 35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Voice Recorder If You Don't Have A Smart Phone, 4 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was hoping to use this device for 2 purposes. Firstly for recording live music and secondly for recording work at university. For the latter it's great. Quality is good, easy to transfer to my computer using the USB cable and files are saved in handy MP3 format (other formats are available). For the former it's no so good with the quality suffering - however, it is marketed as a "voice tracer" and not specifically for music. Other positives are that it comes with batteries supplied and it transfers easily to my mac (as opposed to just a PC). At the 35-50 mark it's not too expensive. However, I can't but wonder if for most people a voice recording app on a smart phone like an iPhone would do the job just as well?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18