Profile for Emmy > Reviews

Content by Emmy

Emmy "Owner of 2 Burmese cats" (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Cream 75ml
Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Cream 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST nappy cream ever, 16 Oct 2014
This Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream is the best nappy rash cream ever. We have been using this since our first child was born. It is well worth the money as it works so much better than other nappy related products like Sudocreme, etc. If any issues arise on a baby's bottom, you use the Weleda cream & it will get sorted quickly. Also, the fact that this is a non-toxic product is awesome - & the reason we originally bought it when I read the ingredients on other nappy creams! I have recommended it to others & everyone is amazed at how great it is. Makes you wonder why people ever buy anything other than a natural based product...

Schleich Shark (Blue)
Schleich Shark (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shark toy, quite small though, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Schleich Shark (Blue) (Toy)
This is a lovely toy shark. But it is quite small. In particular, compared to the Great White Shark, the Orca/Killer Whale and the Humpback Whale. You'd expect it to be smaller than those toys given their actual size in the real world, but for the price I think I'd opt for getting more of the other sharks/whales instead.

Jasmine Silk 100% 19 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase (IVORY) 50 cm x 75 cm - RRP £35
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Silk Pillowcase, 17 Dec 2013
I have been sleeping with satin or silk pillowcases since childhood. As some of my acetate satin pillowcases have worn due to age, I thought I would go back to a silk one. This 19 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase is amazing. It has the texture and feel of what I always preferred about the synthetic 'satin' fabrics (cool to the touch & so silky). But since it is 100% silk, it just feels EVEN better.

I only bought one (as opposed to the set of 2) simply to make sure the pillowcase had the feel I was looking for. It did not disappoint. I am relieved that I now have somewhere to get my pillowcases again!

Little Bear - Little Bear And The Cup Cakes [DVD]
Little Bear - Little Bear And The Cup Cakes [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best children's programs out there, 29 Nov 2013
After watching a few of the 'Little Bear' episodes on Netflix, our 3 year old was hooked on Little Bear. The series is based upon the books written by Else Holmelund Minarik in the 1950s and originally illustrated by Maurice Sendak. Little Bear is always exploring and learning new things with his friends Cat, Duck, Hen & Owl. There are also his parents: Mother Bear and Father Bear; Grandmother Bear and Grandfather Bear. There is also his human friend, Emily, her doll Lucy and Emily's grandmother, Granny. Occasionally Little Bear goes on an adventure and meets a new friend, too. All of the Little Bear episodes contain thoughtful stories which teach values, friendship and caring for others. It is one of 2 programs (Maisy Mouse being the other) where I feel comfortable/safe allowing our child to watch unattended. Really lovely to give to others as a gift, too.

This DVD contains the following episodes:
Little Bear & the Cupcakes
Little Bear's Tooth
Little Red Riding Hood
Little Bear's Garden
Prince Little Bear
A Painting for Emily
Little Scarecrow Bear
Little Bear & the Baby

Each episode is about 8 minutes in length.

I highly recommend this for any parent/aunt/uncle/grandparent/close friend to give to a child from age 2+.

Enjoy!

Weleda Organic Almond Soothing Natural Facial Cream 30ml
Weleda Organic Almond Soothing Natural Facial Cream 30ml

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing everyday & night time facial moisturiser/cream, 19 Oct 2013
I love the slight smell of almonds with this face cream. It is also a pretty thick moisturiser/cream for the face - which I prefer.

One 30ml tube lasts me about 2 months using it everyday morning & night.

Scottish Fine Soaps Tub 200g Body Butter
Scottish Fine Soaps Tub 200g Body Butter

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing body butter, 19 Oct 2013
Have been using this on & off for about 8 years now. a lovely fragranced and nice rich, thick body butter.

Pricey for what it is, but a great product.

La Cafetiere Replacement Beaker 8 Cup Suitable for La Cafetiere Cafetieres
La Cafetiere Replacement Beaker 8 Cup Suitable for La Cafetiere Cafetieres

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a good price, 19 Oct 2013
Used to replace our 8 cup in various makes of Cafetieres - not just La Cafetiere branded ones.

Fits perfectly, sturdy Pyrex glass. Good stuff!

Still only just cheaper than buying a new cafetiere at some shops though.

Talc Free Baby Powder Natural Non-GMO Rice Starch Acne Talcumfree Biodegradable Nature Dusting Non Talc Reiscare
Offered by Dotrit

1.0 out of 5 stars A 50g container is about the size of a trial size, 8 April 2013
Product itself seems fine, but size is way too small for the price - 50g is a trial size size!

So, not worth the money at all. Big mistake that I missed the fineprint of the size... (Assumed it would be a normal, talc sized bottle.)

Fiesta Kitchen Roll White - 2 x Pack of 10 (20 Rolls)
Fiesta Kitchen Roll White - 2 x Pack of 10 (20 Rolls)
Offered by Grocery UK LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap paper towels, cheap quality, better deals/quality elsewhere!, 27 Jun 2011
These paper towels are fairly inexpensive through Amazon; however, they are very poor quality. One can easily purchase comparably priced paper towels/kitchen paper elsewhere for the same money.

I managed to get a 3 pack of high quality paper towels at our local £1 shop - far better deal & better quality.

I will not be purchasing these paper towels/kitchen paper again.

Pampers New Baby Size 1 (4-11 lbs/2-5 kg) Nappies - 2 x Economy Packs of 54 (108 Nappies)
Offered by tarteg.cymru

5.0 out of 5 stars Great absorbency, no leakage from sides, good price!, 13 Dec 2010
Although a bit pricier than other diapers we currently use (Boots own brand Size 1), these Pampers were great as diapers go. Given the size of our little one, this size will fit for a good while yet.

Page: 1 | 2