Profile for Emmy > Reviews

Content by Emmy

Emmy "Owner of 2 Burmese cats" (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Original Glow Stars Company Cosmic Glow Dinosaurs
The Original Glow Stars Company Cosmic Glow Dinosaurs

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great, glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs for putting on a child's bedroom ..., 4 April 2015
If you have a young dinosaur fan, these are great, glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs for putting on a child's bedroom wall. We positioned them to get south facing sun on them everyday, so they pretty much illuminate our child's wall by the bed every night. Have been glowing brightly for 3 1/2 months now. So, I'd recommend them for sure!

Weleda One Step Cleanser and Toner 100ml
Weleda One Step Cleanser and Toner 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars isn't made up of loads of synethetic chemicals and is a great product. I tend to use the Almond line ..., 4 April 2015
Weleda skincare is the only range I find that does what it says, isn't made up of loads of synethetic chemicals and is a great product. I tend to use the Almond line of Weleda's products, but I got this on a whim to clean my skin quickly some days. I was happily surprised to find that this reminded me of the astringent product Sea Breeze which I used when I was a teenager. I loved Sea Breeze because I always felt like it cleaned out my pores and, particularly, in hot summertime weather it was refreshing. Well this Weleda One Step Cleanser & Toner does the same and it's a natural product - hooray!

Craft UK A4 cardstock 300gsm 100 sheets - white linen
Craft UK A4 cardstock 300gsm 100 sheets - white linen
Offered by Choose4less

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 April 2015
Great, high quality cardstock. Would happily get again!

Krusell Kalmar Flip Wallet Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black
Krusell Kalmar Flip Wallet Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars sturdy leather and looks very smart/nice, 4 April 2015
I got this as my husband's Sony Xperia phone case. It's a beatiful case, sturdy leather and looks very smart/nice. It was purchased in November 2014 & the magnetic fold over clasp just totally ripped off the other day. He tends to put his phone in his trouser pocket and this cover did not stand up well at all over the past 4 months. I know he's tough on phone covers by the going in & out of his pocket (sometimes alongside house & car keys), but I had hoped this one with the higher pricetag would persevere. It didn't... It is a beautiful case, so perhaps may survive in a shirt or blazer pocket. Disappointing...

Ambiance Dry Shampoo Blond
Ambiance Dry Shampoo Blond

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a very gold (almost glittery) shade of blond - which is fine & nice, 4 April 2015
I prefer other dry shampoos to this one. Most dry shampoos tend to make my scalp itch by the end of the day & I have to shampoo my hair the night that I use the dry shampoo in the morning - usually because of the talc used. This one did the same. I got the Ambiance Dry Shampoo simply because it had a bit of colour & I thought it'd be interesting to "lift" the greasy hair with a bit of colour. It's a very gold (almost glittery) shade of blond - which is fine & nice. But I found the brush a little bit tricky to use to apply - I got gobs of colour in some spots. I think this was due to my very light naturally blond (i.e. platinum) hair and the goldish tone of the dry shampoo. So, if you've got a more golden-y, sunkissed blond this would look amazing. Other dry shampoos that are aerosol sprays work far easier for me so I doubt I'd get it again.

simplehuman - sink caddy, brushed stainless steel
simplehuman - sink caddy, brushed stainless steel

5.0 out of 5 stars The sink caddy is great that it has 2 slots for sponges & the ..., 4 April 2015
Got this Simplehuman caddy to stick to the sides of our undermounted sink at the beginning of December 2014. We have a decent size single bowl sink (540mm width x 400mm depth x 241 mm height/depth of bowl) & I didn't want any clutter on our island/worktop surface. The sink caddy is great that it has 2 slots for sponges & the more sunken bit for a scrubbing brush. For the scrubbing brush section the rubber pops down to make it deeper for larger brushes. But if you don't need that depth you don't have to pop it out. Our suction cups stick very well to the sides of our sink & the brushed stainless steel matches our sink perfectly. It's easy to keep clean just with washing up liquid and a sponge. It takes up a decent amount of space in the sink, but I could lose that space and still have a sizeable bowl to use. But if you have a double bowl sink or not a large single bowl sink I don't think you'd be happy - it would take up too much space. Really happy with it since we've had it - for the past 4 months.

Spot the... Dinosaur on the Island
Spot the... Dinosaur on the Island
by Stella Maidment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for learning a little about dinosaurs but mainly finding the hidden things on the pages, 4 April 2015
Our child originally got this out of the library & loved it. So, after being so in love with it after a few renewals from the library, we bought a copy. A great book on dinosaurs for a child to read, but also the search for hidden things on the pages keeps a 4 year old well-entertained. Very colourful drawings and enjoyed by children.

Habau 3108 Garden Table with Galvanised Worktop Antique White
Habau 3108 Garden Table with Galvanised Worktop Antique White
Offered by Graf Bauzentrum GmbH & Co. KG Calwer str. 119, 72202 Nagold

3.0 out of 5 stars check out what the wood ACTUALLY looks like in the next 2 photos of the built table, 4 April 2015
I ordered two of these potting tables as I was really excited by the Galvanised table top and the high whitewashed appearance.

They are decent tables for the money (£44.64 each), but what I found striking was the photo to advertise the table. Looks VERY whitewashed, doesn't it? Attached is a photo of the actual box (when delivered to me) which has a photo of the item on it too. Looks white again, doesn't it?

Well, check out what the wood ACTUALLY looks like in the next 2 photos of the built table. It's a slightly whitewashed wood. But it doesn't look anything like the photo to list the item on Amazon nor the photo on the actual item box.

So, if you don't mind that it's not really that white or whitewashed, you'll be okay.

For me, another disappointing thing is that the wood on one tabletop was splintered. At the front edge (where one would lean against the table to work) right under the galvanised top) it was splintered quite severely in two places. I had to try & use wood glue to get it to hold - to no avail as the splintering was too large. So I will have to clip it off and sand it down & reglue to seal the wood. One tabletop was fine, the other was damaged - which was disappointing as they were both packaged identically and handled the same when I unpacked them. So it was obviously damaged before being boxed up - so perhaps not the best quality control?

They were very easy to put together. The nuts and bolts and screws to put the table together with are all provided and are sturdy good quality fittings.

So, if you don't mind a natural wood with a teeny tiny bit of whitewash this table is for you. If you want a white or heavily whitewashed table look elsewhere. The quality is decent, but not stunning (given the difference in quality between the two different tabletops).

Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Cream 75ml
Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Cream 75ml
Offered by 123 DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST nappy cream ever, 16 Oct. 2014
This Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream is the best nappy rash cream ever. We have been using this since our first child was born. It is well worth the money as it works so much better than other nappy related products like Sudocreme, etc. If any issues arise on a baby's bottom, you use the Weleda cream & it will get sorted quickly. Also, the fact that this is a non-toxic product is awesome - & the reason we originally bought it when I read the ingredients on other nappy creams! I have recommended it to others & everyone is amazed at how great it is. Makes you wonder why people ever buy anything other than a natural based product...

Schleich Shark (Blue)
Schleich Shark (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shark toy, quite small though, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Schleich Shark (Blue) (Toy)
This is a lovely toy shark. But it is quite small. In particular, compared to the Great White Shark, the Orca/Killer Whale and the Humpback Whale. You'd expect it to be smaller than those toys given their actual size in the real world, but for the price I think I'd opt for getting more of the other sharks/whales instead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3