Profile for Emmy > Reviews

Content by Emmy

Emmy "Owner of 2 Burmese cats" (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Maleficent
Maleficent
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, well thought out film which makes the viewer think twice about who is good or bad, 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Maleficent (Amazon Video)
What a thought provoking and amazing film for both grown-ups & children. I had wanted to see this in the movie theatre, but missed it. So, decided that we would be a digital copy to view at home. I watched it with our 5 year old son. Before watching it, we watched both the trailer for Maleficent & the trailer for the original Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I explained to my son that Maleficent was the character portrayed in Sleeping Beauty as a 'baddie' but that the film Maleficent provided her story so we could learn about her. I was thrilled to see how well thought out the story & plot line for Maleficent was. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but I greatly appreciated how it makes people think about what is 'good' and what is 'evil' or bad. People should not judge others by appearances nor should they forget that there are 2 sides to every story. A fantastic film and appropriate to watch with children (I would not have watched it with anyone younger than 5 though) if you are present and sitting with them to explain. Well done to Angelina Jolie for this film.

Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas
Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars ... ordered this via Prime yesterday 7 Dec 2015 towatch immediately since we couldn't get the 'real' Elf movie ..., 8 Dec. 2015
Just ordered this via Prime yesterday 7 Dec 2015 to watch immediately since we couldn't get the 'real' Elf movie with Will Ferrell on demand. Our 5 year old son seemed to think it was fine. It follows the same plot line as Elf & it's done in the style of the Christmas stories from the late 60s and 70s - which I do love as I grew up watching Rudolph the Rednosed reindeer, The Year without a Santa Claus - with my all time favorite Mr. Heatmiser, etc But I was underimpressed, the songs weren't that great and the lines were not much better. I haven't seen the musical so maybe this follows the musical and the songs are from that. But I didn't feel particularly festive nor excited by watching it... The movie Elf makes me smile & laugh every single time I watch it. So I've just ordered the DVD from Amazon so it's here when we next want to watch something festive!

Terra Blues Potato Chips 110 g (Pack of 6)
Terra Blues Potato Chips 110 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome blue potato chips/crisps, 19 Nov. 2015
Awesome blue potato chips/crisps. Had them first in the U.S. (just from the grocery store/supermarket there) & they are very light in their flavour - not too greasy. The purpley blue colour is a party attraction/topic of conversation. Yum!

How Much Is a Million?
How Much Is a Million?
by David M Schwartz

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to help younger children who oftentimes ask the ..., 19 Nov. 2015
This review is from: How Much Is a Million? (Hardcover)
A great book to help younger children who oftentimes ask the exact question posed by the book's title, 'How Much is a Million?' Our son enjoyed being able to picture children climbing on top of one another to be a million kids standing on one another's shoulders & reaching the moon! The book was also useful to explain how much time it actually takes to count to these large numbers - especially when our child asks us to count to a million regularly...

It's a simple book, easy to read & can be read over & over - even as the child begins to grasp massive quantitative concepts more.

Talking Tables Party Ice Fountains, Pack of 5, Blue
Talking Tables Party Ice Fountains, Pack of 5, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when lit, but 2 burnt out before other 3 were even lit which was disappointing, 19 Nov. 2015
Given other people's reviews, I was all excited that these giant sparkler candles would stay sparkling for awhile. 2 of them went out before we lit the other 3 on the cake... Very disappointing for a 5 year old AND his Mum (me!)... My suggestion would be to get 5 different people to light each one. We had 3 different people lighting them simultaneously & that still didn't help get them all sparkling at the same time.

But when they were lit, they were great. So, either order 2 packs (a pricey candle extravaganza!) or use only 1 or 2 per cake.

10 BLUE Thepaperbagstore (TM) SMALL PAPER PARTY BAGS WITH HANDLES - CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR AND QUANTITY
Offered by Thepaperbagstore

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, great price, 30 Oct. 2015
These are really high quality, paper party bags. They are brilliant colours and very sturdy. I would happily order them again. The item is as described and the price is great for the quality. Thanks!

The Original Glow Stars Company Cosmic Glow Dinosaurs
The Original Glow Stars Company Cosmic Glow Dinosaurs

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great, glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs for putting on a child's bedroom ..., 4 April 2015
If you have a young dinosaur fan, these are great, glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs for putting on a child's bedroom wall. We positioned them to get south facing sun on them everyday, so they pretty much illuminate our child's wall by the bed every night. Have been glowing brightly for 3 1/2 months now. So, I'd recommend them for sure!

Weleda One Step Cleanser and Toner 100ml
Weleda One Step Cleanser and Toner 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars isn't made up of loads of synethetic chemicals and is a great product. I tend to use the Almond line ..., 4 April 2015
Weleda skincare is the only range I find that does what it says, isn't made up of loads of synethetic chemicals and is a great product. I tend to use the Almond line of Weleda's products, but I got this on a whim to clean my skin quickly some days. I was happily surprised to find that this reminded me of the astringent product Sea Breeze which I used when I was a teenager. I loved Sea Breeze because I always felt like it cleaned out my pores and, particularly, in hot summertime weather it was refreshing. Well this Weleda One Step Cleanser & Toner does the same and it's a natural product - hooray!

Craft UK A4 cardstock 300gsm 100 sheets - white linen
Craft UK A4 cardstock 300gsm 100 sheets - white linen
Offered by Choose4less

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 April 2015
Great, high quality cardstock. Would happily get again!

Krusell Kalmar Flip Wallet Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black
Krusell Kalmar Flip Wallet Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars sturdy leather and looks very smart/nice, 4 April 2015
I got this as my husband's Sony Xperia phone case. It's a beatiful case, sturdy leather and looks very smart/nice. It was purchased in November 2014 & the magnetic fold over clasp just totally ripped off the other day. He tends to put his phone in his trouser pocket and this cover did not stand up well at all over the past 4 months. I know he's tough on phone covers by the going in & out of his pocket (sometimes alongside house & car keys), but I had hoped this one with the higher pricetag would persevere. It didn't... It is a beautiful case, so perhaps may survive in a shirt or blazer pocket. Disappointing...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4