Profile for I Rosenthal > Reviews

Content by I Rosenthal

I Rosenthal (London, England)

Ford Galaxy Left Hand Outer Rear Lamp for 2000-03
Ford Galaxy Left Hand Outer Rear Lamp for 2000-03
Offered by Auto-Accessorize

5.0 out of 5 stars Odd thing to review but...., 24 Oct 2013
This is not something that I would have bought out of choice but someone took a dislike to my old one.

I was planning to fit this myself but the relevant part of the Haynes manual started with "first take you fascia removal tool" and I didn't have one of those. Luckily I had a mechanic coming to service the car so he fitted it at the same time. The lamp is a good fit and was quickly installed.

The reason for the 5 star rating is that the lamp came with both the bulb holder and a full set of bulbs. According to the mechanic this is an unusual luxury.

If only replacing the rear bumper was this easy.

Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Cord
Offered by Euro Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all that you would expect, 3 Aug 2012
I use this cord with a D5000 and I am very pleased with this product. I have spent much of the year using a tripod and the cord is invaluable in reducing camera movement. Last weekend I was using for exposures up to 80 seconds and it was comfortable to hold.

The only criticism is that it is not easy to attach to the camera in the dark but that is down to the design of the camera rather than any problem with the cord.

Into The Night [DVD]
Into The Night [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeff Goldblum

4.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten treat, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Into The Night [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst not high art and there are holes in some of the plot this is a really nice film for a quiet Saturday evening. I saw this at the cinema and got the DVD as soon as I realised that it was available. Lots of cameos to look out for especially if you know who's who of the 80s film industry.

Do not take this film too seriously but sit back and enjoy the ride.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - the Official Guide (collector's Edition)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - the Official Guide (collector's Edition)
by Future Press

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few must have guides on the market., 4 Mar 2012
Given EA's decission to stop providing manuals these days is often difficult to fully master a game without refering to a website or guide. However many commercial guides are mindless walkthroughs that simply lead you through a game without letting you fully experience the atmosphere of the game world.

This manual rivals the ones for Skyrim, Fallout 3 and the original World of Warcraft guide for its detail and clarity. 5 pages in and I had already discovered a couple of things about the game that have made me change my play style. I have not used the maps yet as I like to explore and will only resort to them if I become stuck. The receipe list is invaluable for anyone like myself who doesn't keep a notebook to detail which mixture of reagents has failed.

My only negative comment is the weight of the book and only because my poor fiancee had to carry it home from her office for me. Having said that if you own this book you don't need to buy a set of weights for body building, just keep picking the book up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2012 3:25 PM GMT