Profile for Daniel G. Harris > Reviews

Content by Daniel G. Harris

Daniel G. Harris "Grifter" (Cardiff)

Nightlife (Roc Fantasy)
Nightlife (Roc Fantasy)
by Rob Thurman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, 24 Aug. 2007
At first I thought the book a bit slow to start with a very gradual build up and there is a point in the middle where you just think "Get on with it!!" but the climax at the end of the book makes it all worth while.

A very good read. The relationship between Cal and his brother to me seems very believable having a brother of my own even if the dialogue does seem occasionally cheesy in the way the rib each other. At times the main characters arrogance gets a little irritating but by the end you cant help but like him.

Buy it. You'll like it!

The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear
The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear
by Walter Moers

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read if you like all things Random, 24 Feb. 2007
I thought this book was very interesting. It took me longer than is normal for me to finish a book but I still thought it was an entertaining read. The end of the book in the city (without giving too much away) is where it tailed off a bit for me but it does make up for it.

I see some people may have issues with it because of how random the bears life seems to be but still, give it a go!

The illustrations are pretty good to and really lend to the story but despite what I have read about the book, I didn't find it a laugh out loud novel.

Atlantis
Atlantis
by David Gibbins

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 24 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Atlantis (Paperback)
This is quite possibly the WORST book I have ever had the misfortune to read. I stuck with it thinking it has to get better when they get to Atlantis. It didnt. It takes nearly half the book before they even get to Atlantis. Not because of numerous adventures en route giving more clues to its location but due to the fact that the characters waffle on for so long about the technology they will use to locate it!
The when they get there Atlantis is just a long underwater tunnel it seems. Nothing Wonderous or particularly fascinating about a bunch of cave paintings if you ask me.
[...].
The main characters are so dull you just dont care if they live or die and the love interest sub plot is farsical.
It says on the Back cover that the main character gets "Lucky". If he had gotten any luckier, he would have won the lottery, developed a cure for cancer and stopped the aging process. Thats how appalling this book is.

Please for the love of God save your money and buy something else! This book is a thinly vailed Science lesson masquerading as an adventure novel!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2011 3:54 PM GMT