Profile for Ian Truin > Reviews

Ian Truin

Sleepless
Sleepless

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly good, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Sleepless (MP3 Download)
If you have discovered the Decemberists this year and are looking to complete your collection with a brilliant acoustic track , here it is. Sleepless. It has hints of Sophia, REM and a few other influences but beneath it all is the remarkable voice and abilities of a man called Colin. I don't believe that you can get this track on a Decemberists album so it's made for downloading. Do it now. You won't be disappointed.

In This Light And On This Evening
In This Light And On This Evening

5.0 out of 5 stars Suddenly it all makes sense., 15 Dec 2009
I never got it before. I have often thought that I should like Editors but it never quite happened. I'd see them on coverage of the festivals and not quite connect. I just didn't get it. Now I do. This album is immediately involving and utterly likeable. It reeks of the 80's in the vocals and musically but it's of today. The Boxer is the standout track for me but the strengths of the melodies and hooks are evident throughout. I have now hastened back to "An end has a start", a brilliant album, and their solid debut "The back room". I'm hooked.

The Hazards Of Love
The Hazards Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars And it's American...!, 8 May 2009
This review is from: The Hazards Of Love (MP3 Download)
It got 5 stars in the Sunday Telegraph so I followed James Dellingpole's advice and got it straight away. Hardly stopped playing it since. It's modern day prog rock, the recurring theme binding the very English elements together. The tunes are great with catchy yet innovative melodies, that's the hazards of love...cue childrens voices doing the chorus. Then when it dawns on you they're all American, you wonder how it came to be....but you're glad it did.

Road To Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes
Road To Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS THERE, 25 Oct 2008
AN AMAZING GIG!!!! Linkin Park were immense tht day and if u r a fan and weren't there then u missed out. pre-order or buy this CD!! Great song choices and even if u didn't like their Jay-Z cross over on record, they will blow u away here with the best encore EVER!

Shame however tht it doesn't look like we will be able to see N*E*R*D on this CD because they were just as good

anyway pre order today, dont delay
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2008 10:45 AM GMT

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars May The Force BLOW YOUR MIND!!, 19 Sep 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
WOW!! have had this game on pre order for ages and it finally came today!! and it is definitely worth the wait. i have spent the last hour ripping panels off of walls, throwing them at a powerless soldier, picking up wat is left of him, throwing him at my enemies whilst slashing through a pack of storm troopers before impaling somebody mid air with my lightsaber! This game gives you ULTIMATE POWER!! i never thought Battlefront 2 could b topped for star wars gaming awesomeness but Force Unleashed has proved me wrong!

I have heard however that its total play time isn't that long but there are multiple endings and a Wii only duel mode featuing all the coolest Jedi and Sith. If you are a star wars fan and (like me) have been waiting a long time for a wii game that isnt a crappy casual sports game, then u should definitely buy this!! It's AWESOME!!!