Profile for T. Eastwood > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
PatientPak- Personal Antimicrobial & Antibacterial Kit
PatientPak- Personal Antimicrobial & Antibacterial Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Disingenuous, 28 April 2012
You have about as much chance of controlling hospital superbugs, like MRSA, with this, as the residents of Japan had of stopping the tsunami with sandbags. Rage! Rage against the killer quacks, the killers of Big Pharma, the dirty, lazy nurses, the cheap deal cleaners, the greed obsessed hospital administrators, the I'm alright politicians... that will be more help. Other than that, a nurse sneezing, or just by simply walking into the airborne mess of the Illuminati, Nazi, wild-euthanasia, eugenics-driven man-made population-crasher hospitals is playing Russian roulette. Take a Bible and a copy of Maryn McKenna's book on MRSA instead.

MRSA and Staphylococcal Infections, Second Edition
MRSA and Staphylococcal Infections, Second Edition
by M.D. Hernan R. Chang

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, succinct and to the point, if already needing update., 16 Mar 2012
A good general overview of one of the last of man's plagues, and one which he has brought on himself. Already it is getting a bit out of date, but still sufficiently worthwhile to hang onto. Read Superbug, Maryn McKenna, for MUCH more detail.

13KG sack of black sunflower seed
13KG sack of black sunflower seed
Offered by Enviro Industries

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: 13KG sack of black sunflower seed
Started out 15 kg, then suddenly changed to 13kg, no explanations. Leaps around in pricing and full of sticks, husks and twigs. Not a supplier I will support again, after having bought two bags so far from them. This is the time tricky dickeys deserve to go out of business, along with their banker mentors. About as Green as Caroline Lucas. In other words more like a Tory shark. Try elsewhere. I'm following my own advice here too.

Zondervan's Compact Bible Dictionary (Classic Compact)
Zondervan's Compact Bible Dictionary (Classic Compact)
by T.Atton Bryant

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, but not in every respect, 26 Feb 2012
This book is very useful in terms of being a reference for words,names etc. found in reading the Bible, but that's where it's usefulness ends. The pictures are so small and of such poor quality most of them are meaningless. Whoever set them set them for a larger book. The print is achingly small and when it comes to maps they may as well not have bothered. The writing on them is so small and they are not even made to fit onto the pages. Get the larger book version. I wish I had.

A bit too compact to be of much use.

Later addition:

While I stick to the main points of the appraisal, I must add that I find the reference useful and use it quite a bit. Still wish I'd got the larger one though, for the maps and for my eyesight.

Kitchen Devils Lifestyle 4.5 Kitchen Knife 302424
Kitchen Devils Lifestyle 4.5 Kitchen Knife 302424
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst knife ever, 2 Dec 2011
Not a knife I'd recommend. get a Victorinox instead.
[...]
That's what I did. This one is fine as a steak knife or something. Useless for cutting vegetables though, as I found trying to cut veg for soup on receiving it. And I mean Useless!

Shorter Morning and Evening Prayer (Divine Office)
Shorter Morning and Evening Prayer (Divine Office)
by Anon
Edition: Imitation Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure Trove, 3 Nov 2011
This is one of the most useful little books ever to be produced in my opinion. I have recently moved on to the fuller versions of the Psalters, which flesh out the food of life provided in this book, which I have owned and used for some ten years or so now. In good times and bad it is a companion and friend, the living word of spiritual life, a wellspring of fresh water to quench our spiritual thirst, which thirst we can never with truth deny, and a strength in times of trial and trouble. Even if you have the full versions, which come in three parts, this 4 week psalter is handy to take on trips when space is at a premium. I cannot recommend it highly enough. A work of art, a breath of life, a key to glimpsing the Eternal order of God's Creation and His heavenly Kingdom.

Worship Feast Taize Songbook: Songs from the Taize Community
Worship Feast Taize Songbook: Songs from the Taize Community
by Jennifer A Youngman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little Taize book, 31 Oct 2011
A simple little book of Taize chants, which are freely available (at a price) on the various CDs and download sites. My only criticism is that the chords are often composite chords, but this is not much of a problem if you have access to the internet, where you can look up the chords on any chord finder site and pencil them in for future use, which is instructive and hence not a chore; in fact you may, as I did, find new ways to play old chords. Satisfying songs to play due to the inherent simplicity and truth in them. Fair price overall too.
One example of a chord finder site is :
[...]
but there are loads of others, for those who might not have been aware of this. Enjoy.

Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)
Henry Hoover bags (10 Pack)
Offered by Invero

1.0 out of 5 stars Hoover? No they are not Hoover, unless Qualtex is Hoover?, 31 Oct 2011
Not Hoover bags. Green 'Qualtex', which seem flimsy and not what was described. Bought two lots on the reviews. be warned: Not quality. Tried to find out more on the Qualtex site, but it tells you zip all.

The Intelligent Woman's Guide To Atomic Radiation, [Penguin Special S229]
The Intelligent Woman's Guide To Atomic Radiation, [Penguin Special S229]
by Margot Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated? Not really. Brilliant and chilling in light of Fukushima., 14 Mar 2011
This book is not for the faint-hearted. Very well and accessibly written and now a little dated I suppose, although the reactors that are troubling were built at this time. Requires no real scientific knowledge, though some school science would enhance the read a bit. She sticks to the guts of it and writes with a wry sense of humour.
It is clear why the government would not have wanted a reprint. Maybe a word in the ear of the publisher occurred along the way ?
To think that some of those same radioactive isotopes are spreading over the world every day makes you feel ill. Maybe with good reason. And it's accumulative.
A rare gem of a book.

Philips SHE5920/00
Philips SHE5920/00

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, for a very short time., 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: Philips SHE5920/00 (Accessory)
I had a pair like this a few years back that lasted well. When they eventually packed in I thought I'd get the same, but I'm now convinced these are fakes as they soon start to sound tinny and then pack up altogether. They last 3 or 4 months. Don't waste your money is my advice, which I'll be taking myself to avoid the ripoff again. It was not a one off, as I got one for my daughter, from Midland Electronics on Amazon, and they went the same way.

Update: Absolute trash. The old ones were good but the new ones are utter rubbish. Great sound for a few weeks, whereas the old ones I had lasted a couple of years. The second ones bought off Amazon were from Audio Electronics. Avoid! The right speaker just packs up for no reason. Happened on same side twice.

Best get them at HMV or somewhere that you can take them back to if they pack in. Very disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5