Profile for Enda Mc Cormack > Reviews

Content by Enda Mc Cormack

Enda Mc Cormack

Beginning jQuery (Beginning Apress)
Beginning jQuery (Beginning Apress)
by Jack Franklin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 July 2013
You know what its like when you are buy a book and you're look at all the tops ones and you make your choice terrified that its going to be crap and that you've wasted your money... this is not one of those times. I found it to be a great and insightful read that made my life easier and improved my ability in a very un-scary way. Great book, have recommended to many and I even thought it was good enough to come back and review... thats saying something.

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity Edition (PC DVD)
Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity Edition (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite game ever, 15 Aug 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
not much more I can say. This is my favorite game every. Im not much of a gamer but i spent hundreds of hours enjoying this game. insanely good and keeps your mind active when playing online with good strategies. i could not recommend it more.

Battlefield 2: The Complete Collection - Classics (PC DVD)
Battlefield 2: The Complete Collection - Classics (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game and great value, 15 Aug 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Love this game and great value what more can I say. The battlefield series are games that are not for the intellectually challenged with aspects of squads and commanders so strategy comes into play instead of other modern first person shooters where a monkey could play. As a software engineer with not much free time, I happily donate some of it to the enjoyment of this game.

Battlefield 2142 - EA Classics (PC DVD)
Battlefield 2142 - EA Classics (PC DVD)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game and great value., 15 Aug 2011

Ozone Gaming Gear Attack Stereo Gaming Headset
Ozone Gaming Gear Attack Stereo Gaming Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars not great, sound quality fairly poor, 15 Aug 2011
As a gamer i enjoy the whole experience of being immersed in a game which I think you can only get with a good kit. i had great gamecon 777 headphones before hand which i loved to death because of how bassy they were. It really is a case of you get what you pay for here. build quality is not bad but audio is awful. no bass or trebble. I now have a Sennhieser HD215's which are good head phones and great music quality but lacks the bass that we gamers crave. i would recommend only a gaming brand like razor, creative or gamecon. they know what gamers like

Corsair Memory RAM 8GB (1066MHZ, Unbuffered, SODIMM) DDR3
Corsair Memory RAM 8GB (1066MHZ, Unbuffered, SODIMM) DDR3

5.0 out of 5 stars great ram, 15 Aug 2011
have it for a month now. the ram increased the speed of my machine a lot when using multiple applications. good quality, fast shipping, great value and highly recommended.

Computing with C# and the .Net Framework
Computing with C# and the .Net Framework
by Arthur Gittleman

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant! very good book, 15 Aug 2011
I am a student in university and we were recommended this book for uni so i bought it. it is a comprehensive guide and is very good at teaching you good practises. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is learning c#.

Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the IOS SDK
Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the IOS SDK
by Jack Nutting

3.0 out of 5 stars ya it could be better, 15 Aug 2011
I am a student software engineer who is interning in a software company for the summer. They gave us a 2 week intensive course to learn ios dev and gave us this book. This book has an odd way of presenting the platform to beginners, by that i mean scaring the hell out out of them. it shows complex ways of doing simple tasks in some places like in table views. I have it for 2 months now and I have not taken a peak at it since after the 2 week training. I found better ways to do things both myself and on the internet. I cannot say I would recommend it to anyone, but it is a reference guide if you are starting out, just not a good one in my view.