Profile for Ains > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
King Arthur's Britain: A Photographic Odyssey
King Arthur's Britain: A Photographic Odyssey
by John Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars the sun was in the right place and the camera set up in the best place before it was taken, 31 Jan. 2015
I may be biased in this review however with regards to the photography I can safely say that the right chap got the job in taking the photos. How do I know this? Well, I was one of two people who went along with Mick while he took these photos. The time and effort he put into them was astonishing to say the least. I recall one photo that took 3 hours before the scene was right, the clouds were correct, the sun was in the right place and the camera set up in the best place before it was taken. No photoshop here, folks.
In part, not only is it a cracking book but for me, the photos are a reminder of the fun we had watching Mick take these.

SELIN LEMON TRADITIONAL TURKISH SPRAY COLOGNE AFTERSHAVE 150ML - FREE UK DELIVERY

4.0 out of 5 stars nice summery aftershave but it doesn't last for long on ..., 18 Jan. 2015
Refreshing smell of lemon, nice summery aftershave but it doesn't last for long on the skin like usual aftershaves. For the price though its worth a buy

Dashboard Jesus
Dashboard Jesus
Offered by Findmeagift

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dashboard Jesus (Toy)
Got pulled over for drink driving, turned out Jesus had turned my bottle of water into wine. Don't buy!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2015 9:26 AM GMT

Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2
Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2
Price: £9.60 - £21.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 16 April 2014
I excitedly brought this home, plugged it in and inserted one of my Samsung 18650's. Nothing bar all lights flashing amber on each bay. Tried another Sammy battery (18650) and exactly the same so not the quality product I was expecting.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 8:17 PM BST

Expower(R) QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 6 and Nexus 5 and Goole Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Goole Nexus 4 and Samsung galaxy Note4 S5 note3 S4 S3 note2 and NOKIA Lumia 920 and 820 and Iphone5s Iphone5
Offered by Smart techonology

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 22 Jan. 2014
I just received this today and was surprised at how light it was. Its about as heavy as a DVD case. It didn't have the circular security tabs on it and on opening it there wasn't a plug for it despite there being a cut out for one. I'm guessing that it was removed as it was a two pin one and not a standard UK plug. Not good but hey ho I can use my Nexus 5 one for that. It did come with a USB cable though.

So, red light glows nicely and when placing my phone on it it turns green. Its not bright enough to disturb you in a darkened room and no noise or buzzing at all.

It is worth the £20? Yes I think so. Definitely worth a purchase.

Clubman After Shave Lotion 6.0z 170 ml
Clubman After Shave Lotion 6.0z 170 ml
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 April 2013
I first heard of this stuff while reading The Art of Manliness website and thought I would give it a go. I put it on my wishlist and was bought for me for Xmas. It came in a bigger bottle than I expected and tried it after a wet shave. Its absolutely fantastic, no burn at all after shaving and smells just like you have come from a barbers shop. Its musky with hints of orange, lemon, jasmine, and lavender, not too potent and once its 'settled in' it smells fresh all day. Its a bit pricey on here, you can get it cheaper but its definitely worth a punt for some nostalgic smells.

CiT 750W 12cm Silent Fan Power Supply - Gold Edition
CiT 750W 12cm Silent Fan Power Supply - Gold Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price but....., 6 April 2013
I bought this a couple of months ago, great price and worked fine until recently. I now have a faulty fan that makes a right racket on boot up. I am guessing the bearings are dodgy. Bit of a problem getting it replaced as none in stock, however Amazon offered a refund so I could buy another one and return this when replaced.

The Ultimate Proof of Creation
The Ultimate Proof of Creation

1.0 out of 5 stars Say what now, 18 Nov. 2011
The Ultimate Proof of Creation.

Excellent book, I borrowed it from a friend and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I am hoping that the author brings out other books. I have titles for them

The Ultimate Proof Unicorns exist and how you cant prove they dont.
The Ultimate Proof Santa exists in the North Pole and why reindeers are also magical flying entities.
The Ultimate Proof fairies exist and their intricate social circles around mushroom dinner tables.
The Ultimate Proof *insert your god name* exists.

Ya see, unlike evolution, theism is different to each individual, its subjective. Some accept every facet of the bible is true, some do not accept the old testament (cos its a bit nasty and god isnt like that hey people....), some go by the ten commandments like a robot, some dont. The problem is you cant cherry pick to suit. Its either all or nothing. So, luckily I was reading this while in the little boys room and was able to put it to some good use. I now need to replace it for my friend. Oh well
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2013 5:57 PM GMT

EMARTBUY 16GB MICRO SDHC CARD CLASS 4 INCLUDING ORANGE USB READER BULK PACK SUITABLE FOR SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S
Offered by emartbuyuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Not applicable, 24 Feb. 2011
Not really suitable for the Nexus S at all. For a start off the Nexus S doesnt take cards and I do not see the point of attaching this to the usb port on the device (if you could at all). Complete waste of money.

I, Robot [Blu-ray] (2004)
I, Robot [Blu-ray] (2004)
Dvd ~ Will Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of Sci Fi fun, 7 Jun. 2009
I,Robot is actually a sci-fi story published in 1939 by Eando Binder (two brothers in fact) in which Asimov was heavily influenced by. So, this film actually takes parts from the original story and also includes Asimov's 3 laws. So ignore the persons comments above, the film is actually a fantastic sci-fi romp that any Will Smith / sci fi fans should enjoy.

On Bluray, this is fantastic too. Picture quality is awesome and sound quality is also great, especially if you have an amp that can output HD-Audio. The tunnel scene where Will Smith gets attacked by rogue robots is awesome, good demo material and really gives your speakers a good work out. For the price, you cant go wrong for Bluray.

Page: 1 | 2