Profile for A.E.Matthews > Reviews

Content by A.E.Matthews

A.E.Matthews (Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom)

PR Superstar - the ultimate toolkit for writing killer press releases.
PR Superstar - the ultimate toolkit for writing killer press releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insider tips on how to use PR to promote your business, 12 Sept. 2012
This is a very readable and useful book, clearly written by someone who knows the business of PR inside out. It is full of insider tips about how to approach and deal with the press and how to write in a way which gives your Press Release the best chance of being used. It has practical activities to help you work out what you want achieve through your PR and what you want to say about your business and then takes you step by step through the process of creating a great Press Release. An invaluable guide, especially for small business owners like myself who want to make the most of PR as a low-cost marketing tool.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 5:38 PM BST

Guerilla Marketing for the Home-Based Business
Guerilla Marketing for the Home-Based Business
by Jay Conrad Levinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for beginners, 26 Jan. 2003
I am about to start my own consultancy, run from home, and one of my main concerns was marketing - I had no real idea how to go about publicising and promoting my business. This book has changed that! It is full of really practical, low cost, tips which can apply to all sorts of small businesses - including creative ways to use printed material, such as business cards and newsletters, to make an impact. It clearly tells you what works and what doesn't for small, home - based businesses. I've not only lost the fear of marketing, I can't wait to get started and put some of these ideas into practice. I never thought I could actually get excited about the prospect of marketing but that's the effect this book has had. I'm really glad I found it.