Profile for Denisetta > Reviews

The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 28 Jan. 2013
I have made the chilli from this book and was delighted to see that no fat of any kind was used in the recipe. Tastes great too. There are recipes for all the classics,like bolognese and curries. Chapters are: Breakfast & Brunch, One-Pan Dishes, Grills & Roasts, Pies, Stews, Vegetables & Salads, Fakeaways, Pasta & Rice, Puddings & Cakes, Lunch Boxes & Snacks and Menus for Your First Week. Can't wait to try more recipes.

Setting Solutions - Print on Demand Edition
Setting Solutions - Print on Demand Edition
by Sharyn Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 19 Jan. 2013
I love this book. It has so many good suggestions on how to change blocks to make the quilt you want. So good that my sister saw it and wanted one too. Who would think you could change the colour of quilt blocks when set together into a quilt of a different colour! Brilliant. It has chapters headed:Defining the Norm, Reconciling Size Differences, Colour Correction, Dare to be Different, Framing the Competition, Alternating Possibilities, Organizing Your Orphan Blocks, Corner Cutters, Project Maps, Wrap it Up. A really useful book.

Barking at Winston
Barking at Winston
by Barry Stone

1.0 out of 5 stars what I think, 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Barking at Winston (Paperback)
I bought this book as a children's book and it was most disappointing. I do not swear and do not want to give a book to anyone when there is swearing in it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2014 10:10 PM GMT

WWE Slam Attax Evolution Collectors Tin
WWE Slam Attax Evolution Collectors Tin
Offered by Distristore_1

3.0 out of 5 stars For my great nephew, 11 Jun. 2012
I bought this for my great nephew who was delighted with it, I cannot comment on how educational etc it is as I do not know a thing about wwe slam attax evolotion. He does though and was very pleased to receive it. The tin was sturdy and it had cards in it, that's all I know.

365 Fun-To-Stitch Quilt Blocks
365 Fun-To-Stitch Quilt Blocks
by Jeanne Stauffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 11 Jun. 2012
This book is mostly templets but beyond that is good. It Gives a quilt using blocks which are grouped in themes, Classic, Critters etc. After that there are instructions and fabric lists for blocks for the quilt and there are many more blocks in that section besides, often at least twice as many as needed for the quilt. The good thing is that they are all 12 inches in size so any can be mixed and matched.

Quilted Bags and Totes
Quilted Bags and Totes
by Denise Clason

3.0 out of 5 stars not good so far, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Quilted Bags and Totes (Paperback)
I have only made one bag from this book (The Bradford Duffel)and it was not a good begining. The pattern is wrong in that it says Cut 2 retangles, 24" x 31 1/2" from print fabric and cut 2 rectangles, 24" x 31 1/2" from the lining (check print) and 2 rectangles 24" x 31 1/2" from batting. I did that. When you get to the instructions for 'Make the Front and Back' you are told to quilt the rectangles and then Repeat for the duffel back pieces. Then you set the pieces aside. After that you add the pockets. I added one pocket to the front and one to the back, or so I thought. It turns out that you only need one 24 x 31 1/2" piece which is, in effect, folded in half. The Side pieces will not fit if you sew the two pieces together but fit perfectly if you fold one in half. It meant that I had to unpick one pocket (and the black bias tape I had put round the edge of it!) and re sew it and the binding. As I said, this is the only bag I have made from this book. I will make sure to read all the instructions for any other bag I make so as not to waste time and materials like that one did. I also agree with the review I read, the inside of the bag is not finished very well, the seams are zig zagged and on full view. I think I might have given up if I hadn't had experience with plenty of sewing for years past and present.

Pretty Little Pincushions (Pretty Little Series)
Pretty Little Pincushions (Pretty Little Series)
by Lark Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Pin cushions, 3 May 2012
Patterns for a variety of pincushions are given. Some are classic, some quirky. I have made 2 from old shirt cuffs! The next one will be made of felt with a bird and tree on it. There are even some using canning lids and bottle tops. There is also a section with animal pincushions.

Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns
Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns
by Patricia Wilens

5.0 out of 5 stars An Encyclopedia, 3 May 2012
A large fat book with lots of lovely classic quilts in. The quilts are large, bed sized and as can be seen from the cover, very varied. Fabric quantities are given for each quilt and I will be doing quite a few of them.

Quilting Patterns: 110 Full-Size Ready-to-Use Designs and Complete Instructions
Quilting Patterns: 110 Full-Size Ready-to-Use Designs and Complete Instructions
by Linda Macho

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting Patterns, 3 May 2012
A great book with full size ready to use designs. There are a variety of designs, feathers, flowers, cables, nautical, hearts and knots, even a butterfly and a bird.I have already made stencils from some of the designs and used them in a Double Wedding Ring quilt.

Big-block Quilts by Magic
Big-block Quilts by Magic
by Nancy Johnson Srebro

5.0 out of 5 stars A great method, 3 May 2012
This book has a great method of making diamond free blocks that look as if you are using diamonds. Three sizes are given for each quilt. The Carolina Lily block has a finished size of 20 x 24 has no inset piecing. I will use the method whenever I am faced with inset piecing in future as though I can do it I prefer not to. The tree block on the cover is 20 x 20 finished size. It will be used 4 times in a quilt my sister and I have designed as a gift for my niece for her 1st wedding anniversary. There are also basic baskets and houses.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4