Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Content by Lisa

Lisa "book worm mum" (uk)

Olay Regenerist Eye Roller Daily Treatment 6 ml
Olay Regenerist Eye Roller Daily Treatment 6 ml
Offered by Innox Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Please beware of possible allergic reaction., 7 Feb. 2015
Actually bought this from Boots the Chemist but felt I wanted to warn people. I use Oil of Olay moisturisers all the time although not the regenerist range. I bought this Wednesday morning and applied some when I got home for lunch. Reapplied before going to bed.
Woke up Thursday morning looking like I had gone ten rounds with a boxer. Both eyes have puffed up and were red and itchy. It's now Saturday and although one eye is better the other still is very puffed up....I am staying indoors as so embarrassed by it. Even wearing my glasses and not contacts to make it less obvious. I will never use this again. Very disappointed with Oil of Olay as I love their products. After reading on here I am not the only one to get a similar reaction so if you are sensitive in any way I would be very careful.
I have since read the .com Amazon site and loads have this allergic reaction. Look at all the 1 stars on .com. Please beware.

Shock Absorber womens Apparel,Sports Sports Bra, Black/White, 34D (Manufacturer Size: 90D)
Offered by Start Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 17 Jan. 2013
I had been into John Lewis and tried this on for sizing and ordered for about half the price so very pleased with that.
The product is well made and fits well. Most importantly no bounce when I run. Feel completely comfortable the whole time. Some people have said on reviews that they find the fastening difficult to do. I don't understand why. I can put it on like my day bras. I put it on so its round the front. I can do both the fastenings this way and then just swish it round. I must have used it 30 times now and still as supportive as day 1. Washes well. Very pleased. I will be buying again.

Dussel Pink/Purple Cover For Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Newest 2012 Kindle : Neoprene Slip Case / Sleeve For All 6" Non-Keyboard Kindle Models

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and snug fit. Perfect., 8 Jan. 2013
I wanted a sleeve for my kindle paperwhite rather than a cover. This is excellent quality and a nice snug fit. Much better quality than I expected and the inside is very soft for your screen. I am even thinking of getting another colour as well.
I got pink as at the time as it was the only one reduced in price and I really like it. It has a very slight purple tinge to the pink which I think adds to the colour and makes it look more expensive. My only worry is if it stains not sure how washable it would be hence thinking of getting another now whilst they are a good price.
I highly recommend these for anyone wanting a sleeve.

Ripple: A Dolphin Love Story
Ripple: A Dolphin Love Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful.., 16 Sept. 2012
I cannot give this story the words it deserves. As the title says it is simply beautiful. If I could buy this for my friends as a gift I would but sadly I think it is just in kindle format not paperback at the moment. I will eagerly wait to see if this changes. The author is a master if her craft. I want to read more and wonder if she must be a mermaid living in the ocean to so perfectly tell this dolphin tale..I wish every highschool could include it in their curriculum. I have been left with a sadness that the story has ended but also a very clear reminder of the beauty we have around us that we must cherish and preserve for our childrens sakes. Thank you Tui Allen I cant wait to read more of your stories.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 1:38 PM BST

In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte)
In the Blood: A Genealogical Crime Mystery #1 (Jefferson Tayte)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did not want this to finish, a great new author to remember., 29 July 2011
I do not often leave reviews but felt I must for this book which kept me hooked from the start to the finish.
I usually avoid historical fiction but as this was my book club's choice thought I would give it a go and boy am I glad I did. Whilst having an historical element as the thriller is set round a genealogical mystery it is by any standards a modern thriller. I was as thoroughly engrossed by all the historical story lines as I was the modern time setting. I loved all the characters and felt the description of the setting to be just the right mix for me. Enough detail of Cornwall and Cornish life without the pace of the thriller slowing down.
This is a new author to look out for, his writing was crisp and polished and plotting was superb. I would recommend this to any of my friends young and old.

The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)
The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slightly different concept of the vampire theme., 12 Feb. 2011
Quick review as I do not want to give plot away in any way. This was absolutely fabulous and I could not put it down.
I have read a few vampire books now and this had a slightly different twist of vampire-ism whilst still retaining most of the usual ideas. This made it really interesting to read and the fast plot added to my love of this book.
I have told most of my friends about this which is something I don't usually do so give it a go. Great thoroughly believable characters which for vampires is saying something. I could kiss the person who first made me aware of this.

Carpe Noctem (Immortalis Vampire Series Book 1)
Carpe Noctem (Immortalis Vampire Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous cant wait to read more., 12 Feb. 2011
A short review as I have only just started writing reviews and this was read a short time ago.
I absolutely loved this book and I have already bought the second. The female character is gritty and loveable and how she copes with her 'turning' is interesting.
The main male character is the man or vampire many women are looking for.
The plot is fast paced and far more interesting than some well known vampire books out there.
If you enjoy vampires you will love this to add to your collection and if you haven't tried vampires before this would be a great start. They aren't as frivolous a read as you may think. Go on, give it a go.

The Sex Club (The Detective Jackson Mystery/Thriller Series Book 1)
The Sex Club (The Detective Jackson Mystery/Thriller Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed my first read by this author., 12 Feb. 2011
I have just finished reading this book and felt it deserved my first ever review. I chose it not just for such a great price but because it had already some great reviews which I thoroughly agree with.
I loved Detective Jackson and want to hear more about him and his family. He seemed a very plausible character. The main female character again was someone who I could well befriend. It was pleasant to have characters who were in the age group to have been dealt a few blows in life.
When I started reading this and realised there was a Christian element in the story it worried me a little as I try and stay well clear of any religious based stories but this was simply part of the story and actually showed a darker side to some communities.
If you like a good detective murder mystery I cant see how you could fail to enjoy this. Good characters, good plot I will be getting more from L.J Sellers.

Logic3 iStation Alarm Clock Radio for iPod - Black
Logic3 iStation Alarm Clock Radio for iPod - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, 23 May 2008
This is my first review but i was so impressed with this that i thought i would comment to assure others the one review is not a one off.
This was bought for my son who at 9 finds it easy to use. The sound quality in my view is excellent for both ipod and radio. We havent even bothered with the buzzer. He wakes up every morning to his fully charged ipod so no recharging if you suddenly decide to go out for the day. The volume can be as quiet or as loud as you like. He has it quiet and finds it a really nice way of waking up. I have also used it in our large open plan kitchen and sound quality has been just as good. We are even thinking of buying another. Whilst i am no expert on these things i think you would be hard pressed to get anything better for the price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2011 1:09 AM BST