Profile for TurboPropRoss > Reviews

TurboPropRoss

BlueLounge Cool Feet Silver
BlueLounge Cool Feet Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 July 2013
Exactly what my hot gaming laptop needed.
And my legs. Now I can actually walk away from a gaming session, without the need for ice packs.

DELL TRUEMOBILE BLUETOOTH CARD HY157 0HY157
DELL TRUEMOBILE BLUETOOTH CARD HY157 0HY157
Offered by Birmingham IT Goods

3.0 out of 5 stars Some fiddling required., 7 July 2013
Pros:
Works
No noticeable detriment to battery life
Affected by hardware wireless switch

Cons
Needs installation of Toshiba bluetooth Driver (?)
Now D430's Bluetooth LED is permanently on, as opposed to just when discoverable

Final call?
Get a 360/370 module instead, save yourself some headache.

MoGo Mouse BT - Mouse - optical - 2 button(s) - wireless - Bluetooth
MoGo Mouse BT - Mouse - optical - 2 button(s) - wireless - Bluetooth
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty epic mouse- Needs scrolling, 7 July 2013
Well, it's a slim, light, comfortable mouse that fits into your PCI card slot- what's more to want?
Oh yes. A scroll wheel. Forgot about that. But there are a number of utilities about that allow you to emulate that by button combinations which is an almost effective solution. if only I'd seen the £5 dearer option with the Scroll pad between the buttons. Oh well.

Still, it's miles ahead of the the trackpoint on my D430 or the touchpad just in terms of power use, so I'm very happy.

Altec Lansing IMT227 Orbit Portable Speaker
Altec Lansing IMT227 Orbit Portable Speaker
Offered by Big Ben Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Years and still going strong, 17 Jun. 2013
Just as a preface: electronics don't last long with me. Whether it's by my own ham-fisted repairs or just general wear and tear, most things tend to die in 4 months. Speakers and headphones even more quickly.

So. I bought this little gem in Alice Springs, on my gap year in early 2009, hoping to replace a larger and more cumbersome Logitech mm50 as the main source of public music. Buying the Orbit was a bit of a departure from my usual, "rechargeable and has a remote control" flashpacking routine, but cash and space were tight.

Boy, did it do exactly what I wanted! 3 AAA's got you anywhere between a week and a fortnight (if you didn't forget to turn it off) of proper use, but it was good enough to use instead of the car hi-fi when we couldn't get the tunes through to that. It's been on beaches, deserts, lakesides, pretty much any caustic or abrasive environment you can think of, and still works. I can't count the number of times this thing has bit the asphalt and shrugged it off. It just keeps going.

Obviously it's never going to match a full blown Hi-fi, it even distrorts a little at max volumes. But it's still powerful enough to be heard over a bunch of drunk Aussies, so I call that good enough. Seriously, if you're fed up with the terrible tinny tunes your phone/music player spits out, get one of these, and it'll serve you well

On a side note, never dare anyone to throw it at you- it will hurt, despite being deceptively light.