Profile for marnie > Reviews

Daring Damsels
Daring Damsels
Price: 1.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Daring Damsels, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Daring Damsels (Kindle Edition)
I agree with the reviewer who said she would have given five stars but for the first story by Eliza Knight. There were so many grammatical errors it started to get annoying. I'm wondering if this was not her first book because it was very amateurish and there were far too many sex scenes that it got boring after a while. This book aside the rest were fantastic, I am new to Denise Domning but really like her and will be reading more, same with Laurel O'Donnel who I really like. Catherine Kean has always been one of my faves.
All in all a great compilation of stories.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars best thing ever., 25 May 2014
This is the best thing I have ever bought. It has everything I need and more. I would highly recommend it.

Spoil of War: An Arthurian Saga
Spoil of War: An Arthurian Saga
Price: 1.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and disturbing., 9 May 2014
If you enjoy stories of sadism and torture and 13 year old girls being raped resulting in death in childbirth, the heroine raped three times by different men but emerging unscathed and unconcerned, then this is the book for you. Apart from the former, the most annoying thing about this book was that the heroine (and I use that term loosely) gave the hero (again loose term) a piece of her mind leaving me thinking, atta girl then immediately forgiving him and melting into his arms. But the authors name is Phoenix so what did I expect? .

Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau Vampires Book 20)
Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau Vampires Book 20)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sands triumphs...again., 10 April 2014
Lynsay Sands is one of my fave authors and never fails with either her historical or paranormal stories. I loved the characters old and new.

Desire in the Sun
Desire in the Sun
Price: 1.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea., 7 April 2014
This review is from: Desire in the Sun (Kindle Edition)
I must stop reading the older Robard books, they are no where near as good as the present ones and romantic /suspense is definitely her forte rather than simple romance. I could not understand the "hero" in this story at all. He moaned and complained about the heroine being a nuisance (or a "bitch" as he called her a number of times,) yet she never moaned or complained, saved his life...for which he was not at all grateful, instead left her to fend for herself not in the least worried that she might be hurt...and was fiesty and brave. But he was so thick that he couldn't figure out why she did what she did at the end, instead responds with physical violence against her, which for a hero is a definate no no, yet guess what? yep, she fell in love with him, well there's clearly no accounting for taste. I didn't get this story, to be honest. Also if there had been fewer sex scenes or they had been shorter there might have been room for a more detailed ending, which was quite rushed. No, I think I'll stick to M/s Robards more recent and infinitely better offerings.

Black and Blue (Otherworld Assassin)
Black and Blue (Otherworld Assassin)
by Gena Showalter
Price: 4.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Black and Blue, 10 Jan 2014
I loved the fist in this series, Th Last Kiss Goodnight but this was very disappointing. Evie started off being a really fiesty, strong and amusingly sarcastic lady who always got the last word and gave Blue as good as she got, and ended up a needy, clingy wimp. She must have apologised at least a hundred times for misjudging Blue (which in my opinion she hadn't) but did he? No.
To enjoy a story you have to like the characters I didn't, especially Blue who thought of nothing but getting into Evie's panties. (When did sex become a substitute for romance?) I disliked Blue from the start and ended up disliking Evie too. And why did Showalter make the AIR agents look like wimps, I shall never take them seriously again. Very disappointed in this book and in Showalter.

To Desire A Devil: Number 4 in series (Legend of the Four Soldiers)
To Desire A Devil: Number 4 in series (Legend of the Four Soldiers)
by Elizabeth Hoyt
Price: 7.01

3.0 out of 5 stars To desire a Devil., 3 Nov 2013
I have loved the Four Soldiers series especially Munroe's story, loved him. But I was not as impressed with this story. I know Reynaud suffered terribly but he was such a bully to Beatrice that I found myself really disliking him. And Beatrice was such a wimp I wanted to shake some spirit into her, thank God for her corsets it was the only thing keeping her upright. Disappointing.

Duke of Midnight: Number 6 in series (Maiden Lane)
Duke of Midnight: Number 6 in series (Maiden Lane)
by Elizabeth Hoyt
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Duke of Midnight., 3 Nov 2013
Really loved this series and so sad it has come to an end, but what a way to go out, with the sexy , brave, strong but haunted Maximus and the feisty, tough heroine with a heart of Gold. Loved the secondary characters too especially Apollo and would love to see him with his own story. Great read.

Prisoner Of My Desire
Prisoner Of My Desire
by Johanna Lindsey
Price: 8.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Prisoner of my Desire., 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Prisoner Of My Desire (Paperback)
If you like stories about men chaining pregnant women to a bed and raping them then this is the book for you. I thought A Pirates Love was the worst Lindsey book but this beats it hands down. Thank God they rarely write books like this any more. I can't decide which is worse, women who write these stories or the women or read and enjoy them. If I were Lindsey I would stick to the Mallorys they are at least good fun and the men don't rape and beat their women. I had to give it a star or it wouldn't let me print this review.

Wild Orchids
Wild Orchids
by Karen Robards

1.0 out of 5 stars Wild Orchids, 21 Sep 2013
I didn't think they wrote books such as this one even in 1985. The "heroine" was a wimp who let the guy walk all over her, then forgave him all the nasty things he did. The "hero" was a horrible, bullying, Chauvinistic pig with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. How she fell for him was beyond me. There was no chemistry between the protagonists, it was all about lust. This was one of those books that you want to throw on the fire, unfortunately my fire is electric. Thank God they rarely write characters like these nowadays. Not for me.

Page: 1 | 2