Profile for Chris > Reviews

Content by Chris

Chris (Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Galaxy S6 Edge Case, Ringke [Slim] Snug-Fit Slender [Tailored Cutouts] Ultra-Thin Side to Side Edge Coverage Superior Coating PC Hard Skin for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Royal Gold
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars You hardly notice it, 30 Jan. 2016
After much research I stumped for this case. It's slim ano doesn't hide the sleekness of the S6 Edge. It's also saved my bacon on a few handling errors leaving my actual phone intact. Light and inconspicuous.

Breville 2-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons
Breville 2-Slice Toaster the Perfect Fit for Warburtons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality., 30 Jan. 2016
Is liken this to the Dulait twin slot in size, build and quality but at a fraction of the price. It's a fairly chunky toaster but looks nice and it does indeed swallow up large slices of bread.

Samsung Wireless Qi Charger Charging Station Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge - Black
Offered by Every Day Sales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I'd hoped., 30 Jan. 2016
Does what it says it does. It doesn't come with a separate USB lead or charger so you'll need to use the one for your phone or get another. It also illuminates when charging and is quite bright. This was bought for next to my bed but is not used as it's too bright. Even taking a marker pen to the illuminated parts as not helped much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars JBL Just Bloody Loud!, 3 Feb. 2014
Does what it says on the tin. Super sound from a small footprint and surprisingly deep base.

Get about 3hrs on a battery run and the LED under the clear phone holder (which you can't turn off) goes orange to warn you of low batteries.

All in all a great package and worth the £45 I paid for it.

Sony Magnetic Charging Dock for Sony Xperia Z1 - Black
Sony Magnetic Charging Dock for Sony Xperia Z1 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea in principle but practically not that great., 3 Feb. 2014
How can a simple charger be anything but less than practical?

I'll start with the good bits... its solid and of typical Sony build and it charges via the magnetic connector meaning no removal of the charging point cover. Everything it says it does.

However, the standard 'naked' dock adapter is a nice snug fit but if you have any screen protector on at all it will be tight. Put a front and back protector on and it'll be stiff to the point where you have to push it in rather than it slide in and the protectors will get scratched or snagged by the adapter.

Put the bigger adapter it and the phone will sit and charge but the smallest knock will break the charging contacts as the phone is not resting against anything and not every time will you notice this. You'll pick your phone up and find it has not charge. The larger adapter you see is for when you have phone cover which not everyone will want. Furthermore it will only fit a cover of a certain dimension. So if you have something even remotely substantial for your cover then you'll have to remove it each time and the lead is pretty short too at only about 1 meter which is just long enough for me.

For me these points alone invalidate the docks purpose, in that I can't just chuck in my phone and have a nice desk clock using my alarm app or similar.

Things brings me onto my final point but one which is not fault with the dock as such. I bought this to charge my phone through the night and to use as a base for the phone to use as an alarm clock via an app. However the green 'full charge' LED on the phone is so bright it wakes you up. I'm sure most of you are familiar with this having got the phone but when its docked you, well I, have to cover it up owing the blinding green laser emitted from the phone.

Thus for me with a front and rear skin/shield and not being able to sleep with the uber bright led renders this pretty much useless.

I'm going to try the magnetic charger adapter for the stock USB charger that comes with the phone. All the advantages of magnetic charging but with the ability to put my phone face down.

Later...When the Tv Turns to Static (Deluxe Edition)
Later...When the Tv Turns to Static (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 13 Sept. 2013
Back to dark and edginess of their debut album. I felt their second album went unnoticed with only one real stand out track. This one though is a great listen from the outset with that unique broad Scottish accent working brilliantly with the dark lyrical content. I find you can listen to it as a great rock album or pay more attention and put yourself in the shoes of the songs character. Either way its brilliant. That said musical taste is as different as the day to day weather. I though love it and can't wait to see them live in October.

The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
The Beautiful Girls' Colouring Book
by Jessie Eckel

4.0 out of 5 stars An arty farty colouring book, 3 Feb. 2013
Not suitable to all perhaps as the images are very flamboyant and theatrical. Masquerade masks and feathers and ornate type of things. My 6 yr old likes it due to its intricate nature but it won't be for all. Good quality paper with no bleeding or coming through.

LEGO Friends 3930: Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery
LEGO Friends 3930: Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery
Offered by The Edinburgh Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars There's better sets available., 3 Feb. 2013
It's Lego, it's robust and you know what your getting. Simple enough for my 6 yr old to build but after that there is no longevity to the set. One character and an oven. More suited to complement another bigger set really. Great for the price I got it and a suitable gift for a birthday if you take into account the above remarks.

My Prettiest Colouring Book (Hello Kitty)
My Prettiest Colouring Book (Hello Kitty)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's only a courting book..., 3 Feb. 2013
... But it's big bold pictures and running theme make it a hit with my girls (6 and 3). Allows for a little more error when "staying in the lines". There is a consecutive theme making a simple story too through out. As I say it's only a colouring book but has more life to it than your average book. Good bright quality paper too that doesn't bleed felt tips or go through.

Play-doh Candy Jar
Play-doh Candy Jar
Offered by SHOPPE IN UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A fair bit of fun for your money, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Play-doh Candy Jar (Toy)
Only real criticism is that there is so much crammed into the box it's a pain to put away and get out. Needs a methodical approach to pack away which may seem picky but means the girls can't do it when they're done. Great little product though with lots of creative ways of making sweets and cakes. We made a cardboard oven and set up a shop, the girls played with it for hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3