ARRAY(0xa9ea072c)

Connect 4 Launchers
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game!!, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Connect 4 Launchers (Toy)
My seven year old son recieved this as a birthday present and I have to admit my heart sank when I saw it as so many kids games are really poor and just clutter up the toy cupboard....not the case with this game. It is absolutely great. The kids love it and my husband and I have been playing it when the kids are in bed!

The principle is really simple and it is so easy to play. There are a few variants of the game you can play, but we have been happily just playing the basic version. Playing a game is quite quick, so easy for everyone to get a turn without too much boredom while waiting! There is also such an element of chance that it is good fun to watch a game, as it is more luck than skill (at least in our house).

If you are looking for a good, easy to play family game then I would highly recommend this. Have fun playing!!

Tomy K'nex Mario Kart Wii Mario and Luigi At The Starting Line Set
Tomy K'nex Mario Kart Wii Mario and Luigi At The Starting Line Set
Offered by modelstore
Price: 38.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for kids (but requires adult assembly), 17 Jun 2013
My son really wanted this toy and there were not that many reviews online for it, so it was with some trepidation that I ordered it for him. When it arrived I assembled it for him (as I had read elsewhere that the assembly was hard). There is no way that my son (age 8) could have assembled this as the instructions were a little tricky to follow and there were some fiddly bits, so make sure an adult assists with the construction.

Since this has been assembled my three boys have had loads of fun with it. I think it is okay value for what it is (I paid just over 30 for it on here...not worth what you would pay "full" price). My kids have really enjoyed playing with it and we have had it set up at home for a couple of weeks now with no complaints from them and (so far) no breakages despite some heavy usage!

My little boy was very pleased with his purchase and is saving up for another set to add on. Overall pleased with this toy.

Red Top Fly Trap
Red Top Fly Trap
Offered by ardisle
Price: 7.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product - not a genuine "Red Top Fly Trap", 18 Jun 2012
I have used "Red Top Fly Trap" previously and ordered two of these traps believing these to be this product (which comes in distinctive packaging). When this product arrived it was not same product and was of poor quality and had no instructions. Both of the fly traps I ordered broke shortly after being put up and did not seem to attract many flies in the time they were up.

Beware of this product as what I received was a cheap and flimsy imitation fly trap that was a waste of money.

Hama Disney Cars to Lightning McQueen and Francesco
Hama Disney Cars to Lightning McQueen and Francesco
Price: 12.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Hama beads are usually great...but this set was a big disapointment!, 26 Dec 2011
My son (age 5) is a massive fan of both Hama beads and Cars, so we thought this was the perfect gift for his Christmas...however we were very disappointed with it. So far we are around 3/4 of the way through Francesco Bernoulli and I have the following comments:

1. The design is very difficult for a small child to follow, far more complicated than any of the other Hama sets we have bought.

2. There are at least three shades of red beads and I had to sit with my son picking the beads out for him as they are only slighly different...by the end of an hour of doing this I felt I had eye strain!!

3. The two points above have resulted in me having to sit with my son constantly to work on this set, he has not been able to do this independently at all, which he would normally be able to do with Hama Beads.

3. Finally, we may have been unlucky, but there were not enough of the dark red beads in the set we purchased, so I had to modify the design for Francesco Bernoulli and will have to do the same when we get to Lightning.

Hama Beads are great for kids and my children have all had a lot of fun with other sets, I would just avoid this particular set as we found it very disappointing.

World Formula 1 Records Book 2012
World Formula 1 Records Book 2012
by Bruce Jones
Price: 14.60

1.0 out of 5 stars The title of this book is a complete lie, 25 Dec 2011
I bought this for my husband's Christmas. The published date was listed as October 2011 and the title was 2012 so I assumed that it would be as up to date as you could get.

It turns out that the statistics are as at the end of 2010, nearly 2 years old and of no use to an F1 stato like my husband (or indeed anyone who would actually want a book about F1 statistics).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2013 3:57 PM GMT

Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer
Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Most unreliable printer ever, 13 Dec 2011
I've been buying Epson printers for years, but this was a big mistake. After a few months of reliable operation the printer is now so unreliable that it needs to be replaced after less than 2 years. It frequently decides that it doesn't like the ink cartridges or tells me that there is no paper in the feeder, despite it having genuine Epson ink and being fully stocked. It regularly jams or rips the paper and constantly needs maintenance to re-align the nozzles and even then it regularly prints with streaks. I really can't think of one good thing to say about this printer, it is just awful.

Under the Dome
Under the Dome
by Stephen King

3.0 out of 5 stars A curious mix of good a bad.., 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: Under the Dome (Hardcover)
Like most of the people who bought this book I am a massive King fan, with 'The Stand' being my all time favourite book. I read the reviews which compared Under the Dome to The Stand and I was hopeful for another masterpiece. I finished this book a couple of weeks ago, but have held off on writing my review to get a bit of perspective on the book, but I still find it very difficult to describe.

To me, Under the Dome was a book of contrasts, on one hand there was some excellent writing which drew me right into the story and had me literally unable to put the book down (particularly towards the end), but on the whole the plot was very contrived and almost could have been thought up by a child. Looking back I felt that King was taking me into a maze as there were several occasions where I felt a part of the plot was built up only to end abruptly and then the story would veer off in another direction.

The characters in this book at times felt a bit false to me, lacking the depth that would allow me to identify with them. There also seemed to be far more 'baddies' than 'goodies' which I felt made uncomfortable reading at times.

This is a very readable book and I would recommend it, but it is not King at his storytelling best.

Pest-Stop PR-3000 Professional  Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic Pest Repeller
Pest-Stop PR-3000 Professional Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic Pest Repeller
Offered by cosmetics-skincare
Price: 34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Less spiders...but not NO spiders, 30 Dec 2009
I bought this after moving into a new house that had been empty for a while as we were constantly getting spiders (at least one a day and they were HUGE). We definately have less spiders now than before buying this unit, but we still have one or two a week and there are a couple of small ones still living in the house. My husband has also seen spiders sitting just underneath the unit...so obvioulsy not a huge deterrent to them!!

We definately do have less spiders, so I can't say this doesn't work...but it is not 100% effective...and we do still find a massive spider every two or three weeks! We also had a lot of woodlice in our house when we first moved in, since getting this unit we hardly ever see any...so I would say it works for getting rid of them.

If you are terrified of spiders and never want to see one again, this is probably not the unit for you. If like me you are just dislike them and are fed up of having to put them outside all the time, then this is an okay purchase.

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for keeping kids in bed a bit longer, 30 Dec 2009
I bought this in desparation as my youngest (aged 3) was forever getting up at 4.30, 5am, 6am and bouncing through to our room to insist loudly that it was "Morning Time". We set up this clock in his room and explained to him he was not to get up until the sun came out...it worked a treat. We have had it for a few months now and although he does sometimes come through to our room before the Sun is up, he knows that it is not morning and does not make a fuss about being put back in bed. He also likes the routine of the sun going to sleep and the moon coming out at bedtime...the sun winks his eye...which my little one loves!

Well worth the investment as it has definately increased the amount of sleep we are getting. Only reason I did not give it five stars is that I think it is quite expensive (at the end of the day it is just a fancy clock)...but I would recommend it!!

The Rise and Fall of the Wonder Girls
The Rise and Fall of the Wonder Girls
by Sarah May
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't bother with this book, 29 Dec 2009
I hardly know where to start with reviewing this book...it has a weak plot (which was neatly summarised on the back cover...could have got away with just reading this), there were too many characters, all of whom were flimsy and unbelieveable, the writing rambled and book lacked anything that would grip you and keep you reading. The plot was so far fetched it was just ridiculous, the author might have got away with this if the characters had been stronger and the reader could have identified with them, but the various characters seemed to just float in and out of the chapters...do whatever was needed to move the story along then dissappear. The characters were made as extreme characatures and I found it impossible to identify with any of them. The back cover gives away the whole premise of the book and the execution of the storyline was so poor. There seemed to be a number of sub plots which popped up...nervous breakdowns, drug addictions, marital breakdowns, but none of these were properly developed, resulting in a poorly executed, disjointed storyline.

I did read the whole book, but it is the sort of book that I read and then wonder how it ever got published. There are so many great books out there, please save your money for one of them and don't buy this one!

Page: 1 | 2