Profile for Andy BW > Reviews

Content by Andy BW

Andy BW "andy_bw" (Stuttgart)

Leifheit Twist System with Extra Soft Mop Head
Leifheit Twist System with Extra Soft Mop Head

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy it - please!!!!, 28 Jun. 2012
I bought this thing, and today I took it right back to the store. The whole thing is a bit complicated to assemble, and once it is assembled.....for example once you have fastened that cloth to the and of the broom stick, it is hard to get it off again. If you seriously think you can use this system without making your hands dirty, then dream on. :-) It is not going to work.
The next defciency is that this plastic thing at the end of the broom stick always has to be folded so that it fits into the twisting unit inside the bucket. And if you don't manage it, you have to use your hands. If you don't put the thing into the twisting unit at the perfect angle, it will not twist.

I am very well aware of the fact that my English is not the best in this review. But English is not my mother tongue, and I just don't know who everything in this cleaning system is called.

A friend of mine, who is also an experienced housewife, was present when I wanted to try out this system, and she also shook her head in disbelief and said "do you really want to waste your time and money with such a complicated system? Buy a Vileda system. It is much cheaper." This is what I did today.

The best joke was when I took this system back to the DIY store. The girl at the counter said "Mind you, you are by far not the first customer returning this item. I had a chance to test the system in the store, and I would not want to use it myself." I felt it was pretty cool that she was so honest.

Normally I would not even want to give that system one star. Please don't waste your money on this!!!!!

My Dear Secretary [DVD]
My Dear Secretary [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laraine Day
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars boooring, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: My Dear Secretary [DVD] (DVD)
I have a soft spot for old films and thought i would do myself a favour buying this movie. Well, how wrong I was. The first reviewer has already said enough about the film. If you just want to watch a movie to pass your time and don't feel like analyzing whether the storie makes sense, I'd give that movie pass marks. But it is not as funny as it is described to be, and I would have expected more from it - especially considering that Kirk Douglas plays in it.

Without any doubt: if I had read the review here before buying the movie at Waterstones', I would not have bought the movie at all.

Omid Djalili : No Agenda - Live at the London Palladium [2007] [DVD]
Omid Djalili : No Agenda - Live at the London Palladium [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Omid Djalili

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant - made me choke with laughter, 26 Jun. 2012
I discovered Omid Djalili when I saw trailer of "the infidel". Omid is really a master of accents and cultural differences. And he is not shy to make crude jokes about any religion. It is very refreshing for a change to listen to him instead of having to listen to sb. who tries to bend over backwards with pc.
He imitates the Indian accent, makes jokes about the Iranians' and the Greeks' willingness to pay taxes, says something about Germans and about Turks. Nobody gets spared. At the end he tells a joke about a Jew and a Christan. No kidding - tears of laughter were running down my cheeks.

I am so happy I bought this DVD. If I could give Omid more than 5 stars, I gladly would. This is one of the best and entertaining DVDs I bought in a long while.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't want to live without it anymore :-), 4 April 2012
I bought this product in a bigger bottle (1 oz) since the price was more economical. At first I was sceptical, but after I had used the product for the first time, my heart was won over.
You only drip one drop on each nail, and you wait for 2 minutes, and then you can search through your handbag or wash dishes, and nothing will happen. The good thing is that this product makes every nail polish look more shiny.

I do my nails every 2-3 days, and the 1 oz. bottle lasts for several months - maybe for nine months.

I don't want to think of how much time I used to spend sitting in an arm chair waiting for my nail polish to dry. Not anymore! I am a die-hard drip dry fan now.

SANTE - VOLUME HENNA SHAMPOO 200ML S
SANTE - VOLUME HENNA SHAMPOO 200ML S

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommendable, 4 April 2012
I have got long and thick hair, and when I use shampoo that puts too much emphasis on nurturing and care, my hair tends to look like it is slightly greasy. This shampoo here is silicone-free. It smells a bit of henna, and you don't need too much of that shampoo. The hair looks shiny and not at all weighted down by too many nurturing ingredients. In fact I could get my picture taken for shampoo advertisements. The price is economical. I have certainly paid a lot more for shampoo, and I am definitely going to buy it again.

By the way, the fact that it is volume shampoo does not mean that people think you grew more hair over night. It just means that the hair is buoyant and does not fall like it has a heavy weight. (Excuse me for my not so perfect way of expressing myself. English is not my mother tongue.)