Profile for T. Jensen > Reviews

What I Was
by Meg Rosoff
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars A dissapointment, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: What I Was (Paperback)
After reading "How I live now" I was eager to read more of Meg Rosoff's work. This book is not nearly as captivating.
It's hard to put my finger on, but it just wasn't that interesting. The story was bleak all the way through (and not bleak in a good way) and everything suddenly seemed to happen at once and then it was over.
I can't recommend this. But I can highly recommend How I live now.

The Mammoth Book of Monsters (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Monsters (Mammoth Books)
by Stephen Jones
Price: 6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Original monsters, 16 Feb 2009
This is a great collection if you're looking for stories about monsters that aren't among the "classics". Not all of the stories are great, but there are some really good ones in there. One of the better Mammoth book of books.

The New Becoming Vegetarian
The New Becoming Vegetarian
by Vesanto R. D. Melina
Price: 21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not the best for beginners, 16 Feb 2009
As a recently converted vegetarian I was worried about my nutrition and sought a book on the subject. This book is packed with all of the information any vegetarian needs to create a balanced diet and not leave out any essentials.
However, the name seems to beckon at "newbie" vegetarians such as myself, and it is a bit overwhelming to start with. I am, however certain, that I'll enjoy this book once I get more accoustemed to the diet.
If you're looking to start off slowly I would recommend trying a different book first. But if you want all the nutritional facts this is the book for you.

The Giver (Essential Modern Classics)
The Giver (Essential Modern Classics)
by Lois Lowry
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good exciting fiction for young people., 16 Feb 2009
The giver is set in a sci fi/fantasy universe in which information is restricted and everyone knows their role in society. Jonas lives a happy life untill he is chosen to be the giver and sees what lies behind the ignorance of his socitey.

This book is entertaining, intellectual and very interesting. It deals with ethical issues and important questions. Most importantly it does it well. I give it 4 stars and not 5 as I felt like I wanted more of the story. The concept is so interesting that I wanted more. But argueably that isn't necessarily a bad thing.