Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy (South-West London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Perixx PERIBOARD-808 UK, Wireless Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard - 299x149x19mm - White LED Backlit - Compatible with iPhone - iPad - iPad Mini - Nexus - Galaxy Tab - S5 - Note - UK layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality as always from Perixx, 11 July 2014
I have used Perixx for keyboards before, and they seem to never fault on quality.

I needed a wireless Bluetooth keyboard to use with my tablet (Google Nexus 7 2013) so I could take notes during lectures at university. The keyboard is of a really good size and they keys have a nice feel to them - along with the design being stylish. The battery life is excellent and charging is easy via the provided USB cable, one downside is that charging does take a while.

Connected quickly and easily with my Nexus 7, although do be aware that (this may not be the case for all tablets/devices) I had to change the keyboard settings in Android as it automatically assigned it the US QWERTY layout and not the UK QWERTY layout (i.e. No pound sign, and some keys in the wrong place). This was easily fixable though. The backlight is a nice touch, and doesn't seem to have a drain on the battery.

Overall very impressed and excellent value.

Oh God, I'm So Bloody Blonde Sometimes! Boxed Mug- NEW DESIGN
Oh God, I'm So Bloody Blonde Sometimes! Boxed Mug- NEW DESIGN

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Mug, Lichtenstein inspired?, 2 April 2013
This mug was bought as a gift, it is really good quality, both the mug and the design. It looks very much like Roy Lichtenstein's Pop Art.

10/10 Thoroughly recommended.

Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card
Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, perfect for a media centre..., 2 April 2013
I bought this card just over a year ago as a starter graphics card until I had enough money to buy a powerful card. This card was perfect in that, 1. It was low power consumption 2. silent 3.really cheap.

I would thoroughly recommend this card for what I did and also for media centres, as this card is fanless it is silent. This being said, it's performance is still really good and could easily play 2D/3D 1080p Blu Ray discs.

Thanks Amazon.

Verbatim 53032 1TB Store n Go USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Silver
Verbatim 53032 1TB Store n Go USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable and reliable, only 1 minor issue..., 2 April 2013
I've had the 250GB version of the Verbatim 'Store N Go' hard drives for several years now, and it has never once failed on me.
It did come with Nero Backup Software when I bought it (Don't know about now though) which I discarded as I like to organise backups etc myself. The HDD is very easy to use, you simply plug it in and USB powers it. You can then just organise files and folders just as you would on your desktop (Windows). It has good Hi-Speed USB 2.0 transfer speeds and is also quiet.

My favourite part about it though is the size. It literally can slot into your pocket, so you can take it anywhere.

The only gripe I have with it, and I don't know if it still exists in newer models, is that there is no On/Off button, meaning every time you 'Safely Remove Hardware' you just have to pull the USB port out to cut the power, and hope that it doesn't corrupt any data on the drive. Luckily this has yet to have happened to me, so fingers crossed.

GreatGadgets 3072 USB Mini Fridge (Black)
GreatGadgets 3072 USB Mini Fridge (Black)
Offered by GreatGadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars CheapGadgets more like., 2 April 2013
This is a 'Mini Fridge', let me put this simply. It is a plastic box with a small fan underneath with a USB cable sticking out of it. That's it.
I could tell as soon as I opened it, it has been manufactured using the cheapest ways possible. It is a cast plastic box, which a USB cable leads into that powers two things:

1. A tiny blue LED on the inside which is rather pointless if you ask me as it's not used for seeing things in the fridge and surely can't be decoration.
2. A fan underneath probably less powerful than a mid range computer fan. Supposedly this fan blows against the aluminium bottom which transfers very little cool to the inside.

It definitely cannot be cool enough for milk as that is what it was bought for, as cannot fit any such plastic container in it. About the only thing it is good for is a somewhat cool can of fizzy drink or to stop your chocolate melting on a hot day. At the time of writing it is around 15 pounds, which is an absolute rip off, and I strongly suggest you save your money on a mini fridge powered off the mains perhaps.

Now that I think about it the product is flawed from the start seeing as you can draw so little power from a USB port.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 10:40 PM BST

Xbox 360 320GB Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console including Game
Xbox 360 320GB Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console including Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 2 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've owned this console now for a little over a year. I bought it second hand almost as an impulse buy, as I am a massive fan of the GoW series. I must say that paint job of reds and blacks over the console look absolutely fantastic. You can tell whoever designed it took a lot of care over how the end product looked. But it doesn't stop there, there is even GoW soundtrack music when you switch the console on/off and a chainsaw bayonet rev sound when you open/close the disc tray!

I also had previously bought the GoW3 controllers to match this console.

I thoroughly recommend it for any GoW fan.

Official Xbox 360 Chatpad Inc Headset - Black (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Chatpad Inc Headset - Black (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are they not built in?!, 1 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've owned a Chatpad now for several years, and it has been a great solution to sending messages on the Xbox and for general inputting of information i.e. login information.
Once you've clipped it onto the controller it feels like it has always been there, and of present have only ever taken it off to clean it.

Very good value for money and lasts a long time, after 3 1/2 - 4 years it's STILL working!

...and in answer to my title, typical Microsoft wanting you to pay more money. They could make such a unique and modern controller if it was built in, but nothing's perfect I guess.

Bestway 44 inches / 110 cm High Velocity Tyre Tube inflatable
Bestway 44 inches / 110 cm High Velocity Tyre Tube inflatable

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and good value, 1 April 2013
I bought two of these last august for our holiday to France so that we could use them in the pool.
They are made of a thick rubber and so are very strong. To inflate them I'd suggest getting a hand or foot pump and you might faint trying to blow these up!
We found that they did deflate slightly when left for a few days, but it wasn't difficult to just give it a top up of air.
The price when I bought them was very good (around 7 pounds).
Recommended.
Thanks Amazon!

Underground Art: London Transport Posters, 1908 to the Present
Underground Art: London Transport Posters, 1908 to the Present
by Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Facinating. A great 'Coffee Table' book., 1 April 2013
As part of my A-Level art I am studying the London Underground, and more specifically the posters of it's past. This book is an absolutely fantastic reference spanning form the start of the poster printing in early 1900s right up to 1990 (When the book was published). It displays each poster pages with information around them and also the artists.

A truly fascinating book for both people studying it and enthusiasts alike. I thoroughly recommend it.

Gilda ® Bean Bag Liner - Optional Extra For Gilda Ltd Bean Bags Only
Gilda ® Bean Bag Liner - Optional Extra For Gilda Ltd Bean Bags Only
Offered by Gilda Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars It burst., 1 April 2013
I ordered this in July last year with my Faux Leather gaming Beanbag. I thought it I'd be a good idea so that the beans didn't go everywhere as soon as I unzipped the beanbag, and also for ease of topping it up.
When it did come to topping it up in December I found out that it had completely failed and beans were on the outside of the liner. This is because it had 'laddered' causing there to be many small holes in a row. I contacted Gilda Ltd about this and they were very helpful and sent me two replacement liners as part of their lifetime guarantee.

Not great product but a friendly and helpful company.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4