Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 701

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it notes, 47.6 x 47.6 mm Super Sticky Small Notes (Pack of 4)
Post-it notes, 47.6 x 47.6 mm Super Sticky Small Notes (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A smaller size, 24 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For times when standard size Post-it notes are too big, such as marking pages in a book, these 48mm by 48mm pads come in useful. There are 4 pads in this pack, each with 45 sheets to it. The sticky area is about a third of the surface. The colours are pink, orange, green and yellow. I find it's always better having a range of colours to use, rather than just the one.

Post-it Super Sticky Notes - Neon Rainbow Neon Pink, Limeade, Ultra Yellow, Neon Orange - 5 Pads Per Pack - 90 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Post-it, 21 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use Post-its at work and at home, and the family love them too. They come in a range of colours and this pack has yellow, lime green, orange and two pink pads, each of 90 sheets each and wrapped together rather than individually. Always useful to stick around the place with reminders on, they're more friendly and personal than a smartphone or other electronic reminders. These ones are 76mm by 76mm, and I believe other sizes are available if you keep looking but this, for us at least, it the perfect size of Post-it.

Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhymes with Alan Wake, 19 April 2016
I could have got a post-release review copy of this game if I hadn't already pre-ordered it, which (believe it or not) makes me very happy, as I feel almost as if I was destined to play this game in whatever reality; fitting given the subject matter. In truth I had only to hear it was from the same studio who made Alan Wake and I was sold, and it was an added nostalgia trip for me to spot all the Alan Wake references in this new game.

If you don't already know, and chances are that you do actually already know, this is an ambitious hybrid of a plot driven game where you manipulate time and shoot bad guys, and a live action show which changes and adapts to the choices you make in game. The faces and facial expression graphics are the best I have ever seen in a game (and I don't throw such comments about lightly, as I've seen a lot of games), and the cast – an excellent cast – are top notch, each and every one of them. How rare that is in a TV show let alone a game.

The gameplay of course is still what is going to be of the most interest, and I took to it instantly. It is varied and well paced. If you want to run through the game as quickly as possible, you can do that but there is so much in the way of genuinely interesting collectables (radio shows, emails, posters, TV) that hanging back a bit and exploring is integral to the fun.

I have played it all the way through once on normal difficulty and am now on my second run, making all the choices I didn't the first time so that I see all the alternatives. I'm also replaying it on hard rather than normal as that increases the challenge a bit (and I'm thankful that "hard" does not mean "die more often unfairly" as it can in some games). Playing on hard forces you to use your time powers more fluidly and creatively, plus you need a hard setting completion to get 100% gamerscore.

I respect other people's points of view, as there are always many opinions about any game, so to be fair I'll put a couple of things out there which you may also have seen in the lower star reviews. Firstly, yes it is relatively short if you don't care about looking for all the collectibles and if you're not interested in making a second playthrough. Second, despite the choices you make in terms of the story, the progression through the playable areas is extremely linear. My final comment is that there could have been scope for a few good time based puzzles, but what few puzzles they did include are so straightforward it's disappointing. But in spite of these things, that combination of game and TV show make this something that seems more like an event which you need to see through to the end, and in that respect finishing it within a week of evenings after work is not something that has left me feeling short changed in the slightest. In fact if it lasted too long, it would slow down the story too much, so the pacing actually felt right to me. It's fun whilst it lasts and does not outstay its welcome. So, for me, I have to put it out there; it's my favourite game of 2016 so far. Plus I get to play Alan Wake again thanks to the included code and Xbox backwards compatibility.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2016 7:45 AM BST

3M 9914 Speciality Series Particulate Respirator - White (2-Piece)
3M 9914 Speciality Series Particulate Respirator - White (2-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Particulate Respirators (grey), 19 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second type of 3M particulate respirator I have tried out, and like the white variety it is definitely preferable to the cheap fabric dust masks I am used to using. Those were scratchy, but these are soft and – because of the foam strip on the inside top, easy going on the bridge of the nose. There is no smell other than a clean neutral smell and it's nice to use something that does not steam up my safety goggles.

I have greater confidence in using this particulate respirator because it protects against "certain particles" (which I will take as meaning most anything dangerous) in concentrations of up to 4 times Workspace Exposure Limit.

On the accompanying product card, these are described as being "Hand Painting Respirators", which is different from the white ones, which are ideal for hand sanding. This is confirmed on the online description as "ideal for painting and varnishing with a brush or a roller as well as for use with manual sanders". This is backed up by an anti-odour feature.

There's a recommended way of putting the masks on, which is shown in the accompanying leaflet. Having two masks in a pack is ideal for when there's a two person task, or just if you need to set aside a spare.

3M 1436 C1 Foldable Ear Muffs - Orange
3M 1436 C1 Foldable Ear Muffs - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars The only weird bit is the sound of your own voice whilst wearing them, 19 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well these are good! I realise I should have got some of these a long time ago, and also that I have been under a misconception. Ear defenders do not shut out the people talking next to you, which is a very good thing. They protect against excessive noise, and I'm pleased and impressed with these ones, not least because they are comfortable, adjustable and the orange ear cups make them easy to find in a hurry. They are foldable for easy storage too. Protection range is 94 to 105 dB.

3M 8812 Cup Shaped Particulate Respirator - White (2-Piece)
3M 8812 Cup Shaped Particulate Respirator - White (2-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M Particulate Respirators (white), 19 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually buy cheap dust masks when I need them, and they're really only just fabric, so I have greater confidence in using this particulate respirator in the home and workshop because it protects against "certain particles" (and I'm going to take that as meaning most anything dangerous) in concentrations of up to 4 times Workspace Exposure Limit. There's a recommended way of putting the masks on, which is shown in the accompanying leaflet. Having two masks in a pack is ideal for when there's a two person task.

I got two types and this is the packet of white masks, which from the accompanying product card is described as being a "Hand Sanding Respirator", as opposed to the separate product of grey masks, which are "Hand Painting Respirators". The instructions are identical, but according to the product description online they are different products – this one being "recommended for light-duty and decorative repairs such as hand sanding, grinding, drilling and cutting, with materials including metal, filler and plaster".

They are certainly comfortable. Those cheap dust masks I have used before were scratchy, but these are soft and – because of the foam strip on the inside top, easy going on the bridge of the nose. There is no smell other than a clean neutral smell so they are easy going on the nose too. And it's nice to use something that does not steam up my safety goggles.

3M Adjustable PC TV Monitor Printer Stand - Supports up to 36Kg
3M Adjustable PC TV Monitor Printer Stand - Supports up to 36Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and space maximising, 10 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sometimes something is so simple to put together you wonder why it comes with instructions. It takes less than ten seconds to put this neat little stand together, maybe fifteen if you want to adjust the height by removing one or two of the blocks from the three-block legs. The stand is incredibly sturdy once put together. It has rubber grip pads on the base of the legs and even quite a strong accidental knock is unlikely to budge it sideways. There is a good amount of usable space underneath the stand, giving you about 12cm of 'headroom'. I'm already putting this to good use, and would definitely buy from 3M if I need anything similar.

Ravensburger Statue of Liberty 3D Puzzle (108-Piece)
Ravensburger Statue of Liberty 3D Puzzle (108-Piece)
Offered by Crocodile Stores Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrying a torch for this 3D puzzle, 10 April 2016
This Ravensburger 3D model / puzzle is a worthy addition to the already large selection of landmarks available in the range. Some may find it a bit disappointing that the base is the only part which really has to be put together – the statue itself being a simple case of clicking two pieces together and that is that – but due to the unusual shape of the base and the puzzle pieces that make it, it will take about an hour to do. The pressed cardboard floorspace is quite sturdy and the base clips onto it, so you can pick the whole thing up afterwards and not worry about parts dropping off. The finished model is impressive to look at, both up close and at a distance.

Lexington Icons Pin Point Standard Pillowcase, Blue/White
Lexington Icons Pin Point Standard Pillowcase, Blue/White

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but costly, 10 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have spent a few comfy nights on this pillow and I like the way it buttons closed. If that were the only consideration, I would give this pillow case five stars. I don’t mind that it's not the most inspired choice of pattern, that doesn't matter to me. I don't like the way it has a label that could poke you in your eye if you, like me, have a habit of turning the pillow over in your sleep. But that doesn't matter much either, as the label can be cut off if wished. What's stopping me from giving five stars is the price.

Usually I don’t comment on the price in reviews because everyone is different and everyone makes their own judgement as to whether they want it, based on what they are willing to pay for the features described. But it's relevant here because I have pillowcases which cost a quarter of the current asking price which I have used for years and are just as comfortable.

Post-it Colour Notes, Dream, 76mm x 127mm (655-MTDR) - 1 pack of 6 pads, 100 sheets per pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Always useful, 10 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Post-it notes just don't go out of style. I for one use them at work and at home and I like how they stick to anything but don't leave any residue behind afterwards. Most people are most familiar with the standard yellow colour, but they come in a range of colours now, both plan and fluorescent. I received a pack for review purposes which was different in size and colours from that being offered here, however they are similar to what is being offered on this page because they are also individually wrapped and have 100 sheets per individual pack. Having a range of colours means you never get too familiar with one particular colour that you fail to notice when a new one is there to get your attention. Plus it allows you to colour code your messages if you want.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20