Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 528
Helpful Votes: 2054

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Russell Hobbs 21501 Aura Hand Blender - White
Russell Hobbs 21501 Aura Hand Blender - White

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite new way to have 5 a day, 5 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made and easy to use hand blender. It is electric powered and the bottom part of it (wand, stem or whatever you want to call it) is very easy to fit and detach for washing. It comes with a clear 0.5 litre beaker with measurements down the side.

There is a variable speed dial on the top, and the power switch is on the handle, making it very easy to operate. It's not too light and not too heavy, and that means its no problem at all to keep it steady as you use it.

The booklet has over 30 recipes for soup, sauces and – my own personal favourite – smoothies. I love banana and strawberry smoothies, and wasn't surprised to see suggestion that in there, but I hadn't thought to mix apple with kiwi fruit, so I'm buying some kiwis in the next shopping trip. After trying it with sliced apples and blueberry juice, I realised that the apples have to be diced up smaller, but then it blended down just fine.

I only have one suggestion for improving it, and that is that I think the stationary guard around the blade should be made from something other than metal, so it doesn't scratch against the sides of the beaker.

It's a very useful kitchen tool. I'm pleased to have this.

Russell Hobbs 18965 Aura 3-in-1 Hand Mixer - White
Russell Hobbs 18965 Aura 3-in-1 Hand Mixer - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice solid mixer, 5 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This nice solid mixer has no less than three different types of attachment and up to 5 speed settings. The hooks, whisks and balloon whisk are (of course) detachable and can go in the dishwasher. If you want to increase the speed momentarily, there is a turbo button which you can hold down. The mixer is easy to hold, well balanced and gives really good results – be it for mixing ingredients together for baking or just for whipping up some Angel Delight.

There is a little drawstring bag to keep the hooks in after they've been washed.

This may be one of the shortest reviews I have done for a product, but that's because it does what it's supposed to – no more, no less. It feels right too, and its smooth design means there are no sharp edges.

This Is How We Do
This Is How We Do

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, that happened, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: This Is How We Do (MP3 Download)
How is it I keep buying Katy Perry singles without ever buying the albums? This is at least the tenth time I've done that.

I saw the video for this on YouTube yesterday and it stuck in my mind overnight to the point where I had to buy it. It's a really fun song with a very simple chorus, which is probably why it sticks in the mind so much. Katy talks over it at points, but it seems to fit. When the song starts to fade, she asks for the beat to be brought back, and as a listener I agree with this, but 20 seconds doesn't seem long enough, so I hope someone sorts that out in a remix.

By the way, you have to see the video for this, even if it's just for the twerking ice cream.

Diggy Diggy Hole
Diggy Diggy Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be singing this when digging the garden over., 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Diggy Diggy Hole (MP3 Download)
I don't watch Yogcast, and although I think they created this song to accompany Minecraft videos, I may be completely wrong. Basically, I'm a crossover buyer who saw the video for this on YouTube and thought it was fantastic. It's the perfect accompaniment to watching a Lord of the Rings film, playing Dragon Age games and the like, and reading Terry Pratchett novels. I love how the tone of this is a balance between serious and silly. Marvellous.

Beautiful Times [feat. Lindsey Stirling]
Beautiful Times [feat. Lindsey Stirling]

5.0 out of 5 stars New and also nostalgic, 3 Aug 2014
I loved Ocean Eyes when it came out and maybe I would have bought more from Owl City after that, had it not been for just how very similar all his songs sound. I felt that rather than listen to anything new, I could just listen to Ocean Eyes again. However this song caught my attention and it reminded me of all that I liked best about that first time I heard his music.

It's a very upbeat song, and the lyrics paint interesting pictures in your mind as you listen to it, although one of the lines – "I'm ecstatic, like a drug addict, locked in the attic, strung out and spellbound" is – perhaps unintentionally hilarious.

It seemed to me for the first couple of listens that this song ended far too abruptly, but after the third listen it made sense to me that he'd chosen to do this.

Lindsey Stirling is listed as featuring on this song, and if you wonder where she actually is when you listen to this, then you probably haven't heard her violin music before. She's fantastic, you should check her out.

Ultrasport Safeguard 100 Spine Protector Vest - Large
Ultrasport Safeguard 100 Spine Protector Vest - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and secure, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am incredibly pleased with this back protector vest. I do a lot of winter activities and have bruised my spine in the past from slipping on ice, so something like this is invaluable to me. The vest is sleeveless and easy to put on. It can be put on over a T-shirt and under a coat or jacket. The material is light and feels comfortable. The back protector that sits over your spine is made from memory foam and although it feels a bit odd at first to have that at your back, it very quickly starts to feel natural to have it there. Of course, it makes it appear that your back is slightly hunched, but who's going to notice that; after all it's for outdoor use and - though I'm not a motorbike owner or rider, I have friends who are and they wear the most bulky of jackets, so this looks sleek in comparison.

The waist band with kidney belt protection fits as closely as you want it to, and is fastened up with Velcro. Although totally unnecessary, I have been wearing the vest whist writing this review, and it's so comfortable. Okay, I've taken if off now. It's hot weather at the moment, but I have only sweated a little bit where my back was covered, and even then not that much.

The back protector can be taken out and the vest machine washed, whilst the protector needs to be cloth cleaned. There is a red loop at the top for hanging the vest up on a hanger.

Some technical details:

This gives "protection class 2: Verification kerbstone test - impact energy 50J, residual energy imparted is <9kN".

Inside and outside material: 100% polyester
Outer shell: PU
Padding: PE/EVA mix
Abdominal belt / shoulder straps: 80% polyamide, 20% spandex
Piping: 100%

2 year warrantee

I would highly recommend this.

McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)
McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and reassuring, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It took about half an hour to install the McAfee Total Protection 2014 onto a new laptop, which came at the time with a month's McAfee trial subscription. The install appeared to remove the previous instance from the desktop, although the Windows 8 tile from the Toshiba branded McAfee trial still remains.

I like the interface of the product. It's nice and clean and it's easy to navigate. A reassuring green bar along the top currently tells me my computer is secure (no action required). Along the side it tells me when my next scheduled scan is. The main window offers the following options:

"Virus and Spyware Protection" allows you to run scans, manage real time scanning and scheduled scans.

"Web and Email protection" controls the firewall and anti-spam, and SiteAdvisor LIVE, which blocks access to dangerous sites and fixes itself to Internet Explorer (and I would presume other browsers), giving a green circle with a tick in it next to, for example, web pages on a search result in Google. A question mark means the site has not been verified, so you need to proceed with caution. Doesn't seem to work with the alternative version of Internet Explorer you call up from the tile, only the one you operate from the desktop.

"McAfee Updates" is for checking you have the latest updates installed.

"Your subscription" tells you days remaining and allows you to edit your account.

"Data Protection and Backup" gives options for cloud storage, a password lock for protecting your files and a shredder for overwriting documents you wish to erase securely.

"PC and Home Network Tools" give an overview of networked devices and allows you to improve performance by removing unnecessary files.

"Parental Controls" allows you to activate this feature and set the options.

I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight
I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this, 21 July 2014
This is a really decent choice of free track. I hadn't heard of this band before, but they're apparently a fairly well known English folk band. Very energetic and I'm sure they must have a lot more like this in their back catalogue. It's very rare that I think to myself that I'd like to go see a band based on one song, but if they come anywhere near where I live I may well do that.

Uptight Downtown (Just Kiddin' Remix)
Uptight Downtown (Just Kiddin' Remix)

3.0 out of 5 stars Original is better, 21 July 2014
Having heard the La Roux track on the radio recently, I was open minded for this remix. Whilst I wouldn't have paid money for it, it's not all that bad as background music. I know that's not a glowing endorsement, but the original is far better, and I'd much rather point you in that direction.

Tears Of Joy
Tears Of Joy

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow Club, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Tears Of Joy (MP3 Download)
This is a fairly nice laid back track, and I like the background music, but I'm afraid to say I find the vocals and the lyrics a bit irritating. I'd like this a lot more as an instrumental.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20