Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 562

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack)
Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great to hear more from Chvrches, 18 Nov. 2014
This is one of two new songs from Chvrches out at the moment, the other of which is also really good (Get Away).

The lyrics are more upbeat than the chorus, "We are all just dead air", but even the chorus is sung in an upbeat way. It may not make it into the public consciousness to the same extent that Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat has, but it's still a really good track.

Get Away
Get Away

5.0 out of 5 stars It grows and grows on you, 18 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Get Away (MP3 Download)
Like, I suspect, many other people, when I first heard this song I really hated the opening "eeeerr get away" sample and thought it was ruining an otherwise fantastic new song from Chvrches, who incidentally also have a great new song on the soundtrack to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1)).

But then that sample stuck in my head.

And I listened to the song again, still unsure but coming around to possibly even liking it.

Then I realised that I actually loved this song, not despite of but partly because of the odd sample.

It is a great song and if you're put off at first by the sample, then maybe give it a second chance. You might change your mind too.

Real Love
Real Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Real Love (MP3 Download)
I love the advert this is from, but I would have bought this song anyway. Tom Odell has an exceptional voice and this is a very moving version of a song that I had not heard of before. I see from the other reviews here that this is a John Lennon song, but that version does not seem to be available as a download so I may not get to compare the versions.

At 2 minutes 21 seconds it might seen a bit short to some, and although I like it the way it is, apparently – and again I know this because I like to read other people's reviews here – there is a second verse which he could have included but didn't. Maybe I just don't miss it because I don't know the original, but for me this is definitely worth five stars.

P.S. I can't remember if I bought this from Amazon or iTunes, so there may not be a "verified purchase" tag above. (Not meaning to mislead.)

La Fiancée [+digital booklet]
La Fiancée [+digital booklet]

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to put you in a good mood, 16 Nov. 2014
I bought this album on impulse, as it was extraordinarily cheap, in my recommended list and I liked the 30 second preview of one of the songs.

I had never heard of Cécile Corbel before, but I was happy that I did buy this album on impulse, because if I had stopped to think about it I would probably have thought myself out of it.

It's a really beautiful album, best listened to as mood music for those wanting to relax. No one track stands out as being something that will stick in my mind, but that's not always what you want from music. It's enough that it's beautiful and helped me get some boring work done today whilst I played it, work that I might otherwise have done only half of then put off for another day, and I will be definitely be playing this album again.

Centra 25 mm 2 Round Rings A4 Ring Binder - Black
Centra 25 mm 2 Round Rings A4 Ring Binder - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy A4 binder. No spine label, but otherwise good all round, 16 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This black A4 page holding ring binder is of standard design and opens and shuts with a solid click. There is no label or plastic covered area for a card label along the spine, which is something a lot of people like to have, so it may well make the difference between this being right for you or not . The folder is sturdy and the edges and corners are unlikely to get frayed easily by the look and feel of them.

Where Can I Go?
Where Can I Go?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Where Can I Go? (MP3 Download)
I really enjoyed this free track. It starts off a quiet and unassuming acoustic number and then builds up with more instruments. Nice vocal and interesting lyrics. It makes me want to hear more from Laura Marling (someone whose name I'd been aware of but hadn't heard anything by until now).

Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Membership Card with 1 Bonus Month - Call of Duty Ghosts Branded (Xbox One/360)
Offered by RAREWAVES

5.0 out of 5 stars The code worked as expected, 1 Nov. 2014
Renewing Xbox Live is always significantly cheaper when you buy these pre-paid cards, and this one gives a bonus month for free.

There's not much really to review in terms of the card – if you're looking at this then you already have some idea of what the "gold" service on Xbox Live gives you. If you don't then, in short it gives you access to online and/or multiplayer features in games that have them and also to free games every month.

I can confirm that the card worked for me and that it credited me the extra month.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 1:55 PM GMT

Logitech K480 Multi Device Bluetooth Keyboard for PC, Smartphone and Tablet (QWERTY) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wireless keyboard I have ever seen, 1 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. I don't mean to sound like I'm showing my age, but sometimes I think we are living in the world of tomorrow that we all used to think was science fiction. I'm starting to really love bluetooth devices, and without even needing any instructions, in the space of 5 minutes I was able to connect this stand alone keyboard up to my phone and my work laptop and switch back and forward between writing emails on my smartphone and a report on the laptop just through the click of a dial. That's not all, because the keyboard also allows a third device to be connected if you have one.

The keyboard is extremely well designed and durable. You can sit your phone in the recess, or you can pick the keyboard up and walk abound the room with it. This could be especially useful for teachers, I.T. tutors or people giving presentations on a projector screen. All the buttons you need are there and you can even switch between Windows and Mac devices.

It works off 2 AAA batteries, so there is no need to plug it in and charge it.

I cannot think of one single thing I would change about this keyboard and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Mimic Me Voice Recording Unit
Mimic Me Voice Recording Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal gadget for perfecting your little friend's repertoire, 1 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a budgerigar, and he's a talker but he learns so much that a lot of what he says is not as clear as it could be. During the day he can go wherever he wants in the living room, and when it goes dark he goes back in his cage and enjoys singing along to the television. There's always one of the family in the house, so he's never really left on his own but if there's no-one in the room for a bit he could get a bit bored. For his sake we often leave the radio on quietly, but this is an excellent alternative – something that will attract his interest and help him to say words and phrases clearer.

You can record one phrase (or string of words) of up to ten seconds in length, which is plenty for most purposes. It should go without saying that the Mimic Me is no substitute for company, but as a supplementary teaching tool it is excellent. It will repeat the message 12 times and then pause for either 10 or 15 minutes depending on the setting. The 10 minute setting runs for 2 hours (and then will play again after an hour as a reminder to switch it off) and the 15 minute setting will go all day if you let it. You can record new messages as many times as you want to, but it will only store the last one you record.

The sound quality is very good, although I'd stop short of calling it crystal clear. I found that in some cases the playback of recordings started with a loud click, and I was worried because I didn't want my little friend learning this clicking noise and repeating it. I just re-recorded the message until the click wasn't present. I'm not sure yet what causes it to happen, but taking the unit far away from other electronics and pausing slightly after pressing the record button seems to reduce the chances of it happening.

For a bird who is eager to learn, but may need a bit of tutoring on perfecting certain words, it's the best present we could have given him. Being an intelligent little fellow, he did wonder at first why our voices were coming out of a little box, but it's no different really to a speakerphone, and he's already used to that.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Groomer Razor Blade

4.0 out of 5 stars Hydro 5 Groomer, 1 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was a bit puzzled when I first used this razor. Was it supposed to be an electric shaver or wasn't it? It takes a single AAA battery and when the "on" button is depressed it operates the trimmer at the bottom of the razor but the razor itself stays fairly static.

With or without the power on, it provides an absolutely effortless shave. Having used it with the power both on and off, before writing this review, I did a test by shaving one side of my face with the power on and one with it off, and have decided there's absolutely no difference. I have sensitive skin, but have had no trouble from rashes. The only problem I have had is that I did cut my neck with it, and more than once as well. I usually don't cut myself using Wilkinson Sword, so maybe won't be choosing this particular version next time I'm shopping.

The edge trimmer is good. The electric trimmer and adjustable comb also work well and I did find it useful to have this feature there in the handle. I can see why some people would want it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20