Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 695

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Empty
Empty

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from Garbage, 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Empty (MP3 Download)
I do like Garbage's new album, even though I don't buy that many albums nowadays in this age of streaming, but this is the track I chose to buy and play and add to my best of Garbage playlist. If there was a new best of CD for them in the shops then I'm sure this would be on it. It's pure class.

Hero
Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen, 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Hero (MP3 Download)
This is a great song by an underrated artist with one of those genuinely original voices. It's very evocative and takes me away in my imagination. Be warned, there are some cheesy rhyming combinations, but the song is structured so well it rises above even the main chorus of "I could have been a hero, I could have been a zero". It's worth a listen just to admire that.

This Is What You Came For
This Is What You Came For

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight onto the playlist, 21 Jun. 2016
Calvin Harris and Rihanna – this is one of those tracks that looks good before you've even heard it. I don’t think I had even heard the whole song before I bought it on impulse and I haven't regretted it. It's not often I get to say that a song has repetitive lyrics but they actually do work and make a good song.

Liteway Filament 4w ES E27 Golfball LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

5.0 out of 5 stars E14 (Small Edison Screw) golf ball sized light bulb, 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a three-direction upright lamp in which one of the three bulbs gave out recently. In swapping the broken bulb with this LED filament bulb and then switching the lamp on again, I was shocked at just how much heat the conventional bulbs were giving out – such a waste of energy. This bulb was giving out no discernable heat, only light and at the same brightness and light quality. It's a 40 watt equivalent from only 4 watts. Things you might want to know: It's a warm white 2700K, not dimmable and has measurements of 45mm diameter and 78mm depth.

Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil HB 0.5 - Gift Boxed
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Mechanical Pencil HB 0.5 - Gift Boxed
Offered by AnsTec

5.0 out of 5 stars Design is just right, 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is just what I wanted. I do a lot of logic puzzles, taking various puzzle books with me on train and bus journeys and it's really good to have a slim-line mechanical pencil such as this one to just keep going without ever having to sharpen. It comes in a nice looking cardboard storage case (good enough for me – I don’t need a plastic one). It's just the right size and quite light in the hand, which makes it easier to control and make sure too much pressure isn't placed on the lead, which for me hasn't snapped once yet.

Oral-B Smart Series 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun - 3D White

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth enabled toothbrushes… I dread to ask "what's next?", 19 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toothbrush is very good, with a rubber grip and attachable / detachable brush heads. There are two brushing speeds and a third mode, which pulses the speed. A bright red light in the handle flashes in your eye if you use too much pressure. It comes with an induction charge stand, which can clip into a toothbrush head storage case, but even without that it stands up fine on its own. It takes about 14 hours to charge the first time around, and you can see it is charging by the flashing green light. There are two brush heads in the box and according to the enclosed leaflet these are "Precision Clean" and "3D White", which is a tooth polishing attachment. It is waterproof and easy to rinse clean after using.

When the box arrived, I had a little laugh to myself at the words "smart phone not included" next to the illustrations. If you want to download the app for monitoring your brushing habits then you will want to know it's available on the Apple App Store and Android Google Play. Maybe someone can explain to me why I would actually want to track my brushing habits on my smart phone, or, actually please don't, because you're never going to convince me. That is not a feature I ever intend to use.

As a closing point, I like the simplicity of on/off switches, so having to cycle through the modes before the unit finally switches off annoys me. Why couldn't the makers have put separate power and mode switches in instead of messing about with unnecessary gimmicks like Bluetooth, which is useful in so many devices but in a toothbrush makes it almost embarrassing to own.

Samsung S32F351 32-Inch HDMI LED Monitor - White Gloss
Samsung S32F351 32-Inch HDMI LED Monitor - White Gloss

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest and best picture quality I have had on a monitor!, 18 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're looking for a monitor with table stand that looks stylish in front of your keyboard then you should consider this make and model because I'm sure you'd be as pleased with it as I am.

Fitting it together and connecting it up to the computer was simple and really quick. There are two HDMI sockets on the back of the unit, and there is a HDMI to HDMI cable included in the box. My PC doesn't have a HDMI connection, but luckily I already had a converter cable which worked just as well. The PC recognised the screen instantly and set it at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Because I don't like my monitor screens to be too bright, I immediately altered the settings via the menu. This is done by means of a directional input button on the bottom back right of the screen.

The menu allows you to alter practically all the settings you could think of, with options for brightness, contrast, sharpness, colour, upscaling, eye saver mode, game mode, response time, picture size, onscreen display transparency, position, language, display time, eco-saving, off timer, PC/AV mode, source detection, key repeat time, power LED on, and power the screen down.

I couldn't be happier with the picture quality. On my old monitor (which, and I think many people will have been in this position, was much older than my PC), the light and dark on the screen would bleed across the desktop – for example in the word processor when I would highlight a few words and it would invert them into white text on black, that would create a streak across the screen. I think it may have been getting towards the end of its working life. This screen does not have that at all; it is sharp down to the pixel level, with no bleed across. The picture quality in my experience leaves nothing more to be desired. In that respect it's really good for my eyesight too.

Finally, in case it needs saying, this is a monitor and it doesn't have any speakers built in (at least that I have noticed, but I have my own speakers hooked up the PC anyway), so there is no sound quality to review.

To sum it all up: This is such a great monitor!

Sing Me to Sleep
Sing Me to Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Walker and Iselin Solheim, 17 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Sing Me to Sleep (MP3 Download)
I heard and became a fan of Faded when it was first released in 2015 and was really pleased to see it do well in the UK. This is the second single from Alan Walker with a collaborating vocalist and again features the lovely vocals of Iselin Solheim. For a follow up single, it's pleasantly different from Faded, whilst still instantly identifiable as an Alan Walker track. The emphasis here is on the production as bringing out the best in the song, rather than last time where the vocals brought out the best in the original instrumental. If you loved Faded I don't think you'll be disappointed with Sing Me to Sleep.

Russell Hobbs 21401 Mode Kettle, Red
Russell Hobbs 21401 Mode Kettle, Red
Offered by UK INPORT EXPORT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Red kettle, blue light, big capacity, 17 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is a big kettle. It holds 1.7 litres and that's up to the maximum fill level, leaving a sizable space at the top for it to boil. Despite this, it's fairly light without the water in, and those who want to boil 2, 4 or 6 cups at a time can measure this easily by using the guide markings on the see-through strips either side of the handle. Whether you are right-handed or left-handed, you can see those markings easily because they are printed on both sides of the handle.

The kettle's red design looks good in the daylight or artificial light, but in the dark when the switch is on it lights up like the Blackpool Illuminations. It does this in the daylight as well, and the blue light might not be to everyone's taste but I quite like it. The kettle has a swivel base and an average length power lead. The lid pops up at the press of a button for filling and the large "easy pour" spout gives a smooth and even pour.

Here's what I consider the best feature – there is plastic on the other side of the handle which insulates so well it only feels slightly warm, even whilst the red part is too hot to touch. That's great because it's easy to touch the side opposite the handle accidentally sometimes with all kettles, but this one won't be a bother to you if you do so.

Lush Life
Lush Life

4.0 out of 5 stars All summer song, 15 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Lush Life (MP3 Download)
Almost the perfect pop song, yet a slight bit irritating and monotonous as well. I bought it because it's cheerful and I want to listen to it in the car but it is a bit irritating too and I'm wondering just when I'm going to realise I don’t want to listen to it anymore. Maybe once the summer ends…

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20