Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 538
Helpful Votes: 1989

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Donkey Blue
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Donkey Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Donkey, Llama or perhaps Alpaca?, 30 Dec 2013
This is a trickier crystal puzzle than it first appears, and I mean that in a good way, so in other words you'll definitely finish it but it may take some time.

Everything fits firmly together and the two pins that hold it together afterwards click easily into place. It isn't anatomically correct, by which I mean it has bobbles for feet and looks more like a piñata than a zoo animal, but it has a great deal of charm to it. I wouldn't bother with the tacky stickers, as it looks a lot better without them.

Rather than loose pieces, this one came with the pieces in several frames, ready to press or twist out. That's a good thing because you can tell at a glance that all the pieces are there (although I have yet to buy a crystal puzzle where any of the pieces were missing), and pressing or twisting them out of the frames is easy.

Already a favourite.

Alpen Light Chocolate and Orange Cereal Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Light Chocolate and Orange Cereal Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely going onto the shopping list, 30 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like to take light snack bars to work with me to eat for elevenses, so I thought I'd give these a try as a break from my usual Cadbury's Brunch Bars.

The first thing I noticed when opening the packet was a nice orangey smell, which made me think the orange taste might be quite strong. Actually, it's quite weak at the first bite but then appears as you chew and sticks around a short while as a nice aftertaste.

Although this is a "chocolate & orange bar" (described in that order), the small drizzling of chocolate may as well not be there, as I for one didn't taste it. That didn't matter to me, as I wanted something different from the usual healthy-bar-dipped-in-chocolate option, and after eating two of these bars (which is my usual number for an elevenses snack) I felt full enough until lunchtime.

I still like the chocolate Cadbury's Brunch Bars, but have decided to buy these light Alpen bars regularly as well, and eat them on alternate days.

PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Cuttle Fish Purple
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Cuttle Fish Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Good puzzle, but has a couple of issues, 26 Dec 2013
This cuttlefish crystal puzzle is, for the most part, well made and a bit more puzzling than I initially accounted for. It's only let down in my eyes by the problem I had (and still have, as I haven't managed to resolve it yet), in fixing the two parts of the base around the eight legs that form the trickiest part of the puzzle element. Getting the legs in the right slots was tricky in a fun way, but then when I tried to press the top part down against the bottom part, something prevented it. I'm now stuck with a sizable gap that I can't close, worried that if I use too much force to prise it apart again it might snap the plastic. It's a shame, as the model looks really good when completed and also has a small LED illumination circuit you can choose to put in or leave out, which flashes red and blue.

If you get this, make sure you decide early on whether or not you want to include the circuit, as you may not be able to change it after fixing both parts of the base together.

I also found that the holding screw didn't quite reach the place it was supposed to screw into, but that didn't stop the head part of the model from staying on neatly, so it wasn't really a problem in practical terms.

I also liked the inclusion of stick-on googly eyes, which is a lot better than the simple stickers that a lot of other animal-type crystal puzzles use for eyes.

So overall, I would recommend it if you like the look of it from the picture but with the above words of caution that it might not fix together as easily in a couple of respects as you might hope.

PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Tomato Red
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Tomato Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Red or Yellow Tomato, 22 Dec 2013
Some people collect sensible things that go up in value over time. I collect crystal puzzles. Oh well.

If you happen to have one of the two main variations on the most popular and widely bought crystal puzzle - the red apple - then you'll recognise this as being the same model with a tomato leaf on top rather than an apple leaf. Like I said earlier, I collect them so I went for a yellow tomato in order to get something that looked a bit different.

Here's the link, if you'd prefer yellow to red: PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Tomato Yellow

It's very well made and I had no problems either fitting the puzzle together, or getting it to stay in one solid piece once completed. If you want to take it apart again afterwards, you won't have any trouble.

PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Tomato Yellow
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Tomato Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Yellow or Red Tomato, 22 Dec 2013

Vanish Crystal White Powder 1.5 kg
Vanish Crystal White Powder 1.5 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Whites as good as they were when new, 22 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a lot of white shirts and other white clothes, then you really appreciate a product like this. Add one scoop of Vanish Oxi Action to the wash and it will remove food stains and make the white clothes whiter. It will also remove underarm stains. It's not just preventative either, as we've noticed a number of greying whites turn within one or two washes back to their original state.

If you have more heavy duty stains to remove, wet the area and rub a bit of the crystal powder onto the stain before you put it in the washing machine and it usually does the job.

With products such as this, that you're going to use regularly, it's really good there's a larger "family pack" you can buy to save money.

Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)
Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rinse Aid gives a noticeable improvement, 22 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a product that we have been using for a while now, and the difference between using it and not using it on those occasions we have run out has been very noticeable. With Rinse Aid the plates and dishes are clean and shiny and there are no smears or limescale. Glasses come out of the dishwasher especially clean.

The lemon smell is faint but pleasant, and there is no unnatural "chemical" smell coming off the dishes. Everything comes out a lot drier, and you can take dishes straight out of the dishwasher and use them. It's one of those products that does exactly what it claims to, and I doubt we'd ever switch from it.

Somewhere Only We Know
Somewhere Only We Know

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan of the Keane original, but I love this version too, 19 Dec 2013
In common with most people buying this song, I heard it whilst watching the Bear and Hare advert and although I really like the Keane original, and still listen to it often, I instantly fell for Lily's version. It's a skilful re-interpretation of the song, and it's different enough to be appreciated in its own right. For me it will always be the Christmas song of 2013... and I suppose the advertising agency would be really happy with that, but as it happens there's no John Lewis store anywhere near me, so take that advertisers!

AURAGLOW 5w COB LED GU10 Light Bulb, Warm White, 50w EQV - RETROFIT
AURAGLOW 5w COB LED GU10 Light Bulb, Warm White, 50w EQV - RETROFIT
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A good bulb, 19 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Any product that helps save on electricity bills is a product I want to try out, because electricity prices are rising all the time and I still have some bulbs around the house that could do with replacing. This 5 watt energy saving light bulb is from Auraglow, which is a company I can't say I've heard of before, but it does the job just as well as its Phillips equivalent and the light it gives is a warm white, just as described on the box.

It's not dimmable, which is not a problem to me, but perhaps some people need to know that. The lifespan is 35000 hours, which is about 4 years of non-stop use, but of course for most people it's not going to be used 24/7 and it should last a lot longer. There is also a 5 year warrantee.

Still Holding On (Radio Edit)
Still Holding On (Radio Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Conjure One, The Comeback, Part 2, 25 Nov 2013
If you're going to buy this, then stop and read the last paragraph first.

The follow up to Under The Gun, this is another really commercial sounding track from Conjure One, who certainly seem to be moving away from the ambient/world/chillout feel of recent offerings. Makes me wonder what the next album will sound like.

Don't make my mistake of buying the radio edit and then hearing the longer original version, which is basically the same but with a longer broken down outro, and then having to buy that as well (groan). Here's the link: Still Holding On (Original Mix)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20