Profile for Andromeda Descendent > Reviews

Content by Andromeda Desc...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 547
Helpful Votes: 2022

Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Leitz Style 40 Pocket Display Book - Garnet Red
Leitz Style 40 Pocket Display Book - Garnet Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice display book, 23 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This display book from Leitz is both good looking and of a good quality. I like the cover, which is a shiny burgundy colour outside and a muted grey inside. There are 40 pockets and they are easy to insert paper into and are well bound into the spine. Some cheap display books I have owned have not been so well bound, and the plastic has been too thin and easy to crumple, but this display book is problem free – no problems with static or crumpling here.

It has rounded corners and a label on the spine, two features that I like in this type of folder.

I will get a lot of use from this, and when I need to get another then I will definitely get one from this range.

Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White
Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bulb for a bedside lamp, 23 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's almost a shame to put this interesting looking light bulb into a lamp with a shade on, where it won't be directly seen unless you look straight down at it, but I had a lamp that needed upgrading from standard to LED light and this fitted the bill perfectly. It gives the equivalent of 40W of light whilst using 6W of power. It is also dimmable.

Another LED bulb, which I have used in the companion lamp to the one I'm talking about, gives a nice spread of light, but this one very noticeably spreads it out much wider around the room. That may well be down to the very nice and unusual design.

The tone of light it gives off is very good too, and far better than you get from a standard bulb. I'm very pleased with it.

Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack)
Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great to hear more from Chvrches, 18 Nov 2014
This is one of two new songs from Chvrches out at the moment, the other of which is also really good (Get Away).

The lyrics are more upbeat than the chorus, "We are all just dead air", but even the chorus is sung in an upbeat way. It may not make it into the public consciousness to the same extent that Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat has, but it's still a really good track.

Get Away
Get Away

5.0 out of 5 stars It grows and grows on you, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Get Away (MP3 Download)
Like, I suspect, many other people, when I first heard this song I really hated the opening "eeeerr get away" sample and thought it was ruining an otherwise fantastic new song from Chvrches, who incidentally also have a great new song on the soundtrack to The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Dead Air (From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1)).

But then that sample stuck in my head.

And I listened to the song again, still unsure but coming around to possibly even liking it.

Then I realised that I actually loved this song, not despite of but partly because of the odd sample.

It is a great song and if you're put off at first by the sample, then maybe give it a second chance. You might change your mind too.

Real Love
Real Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Real Love (MP3 Download)
I love the advert this is from, but I would have bought this song anyway. Tom Odell has an exceptional voice and this is a very moving version of a song that I had not heard of before. I see from the other reviews here that this is a John Lennon song, but that version does not seem to be available as a download so I may not get to compare the versions.

At 2 minutes 21 seconds it might seen a bit short to some, and although I like it the way it is, apparently – and again I know this because I like to read other people's reviews here – there is a second verse which he could have included but didn't. Maybe I just don't miss it because I don't know the original, but for me this is definitely worth five stars.

P.S. I can't remember if I bought this from Amazon or iTunes, so there may not be a "verified purchase" tag above. (Not meaning to mislead.)

La Fiancée [+digital booklet]
La Fiancée [+digital booklet]

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music to put you in a good mood, 16 Nov 2014
I bought this album on impulse, as it was extraordinarily cheap, in my recommended list and I liked the 30 second preview of one of the songs.

I had never heard of Cécile Corbel before, but I was happy that I did buy this album on impulse, because if I had stopped to think about it I would probably have thought myself out of it.

It's a really beautiful album, best listened to as mood music for those wanting to relax. No one track stands out as being something that will stick in my mind, but that's not always what you want from music. It's enough that it's beautiful and helped me get some boring work done today whilst I played it, work that I might otherwise have done only half of then put off for another day, and I will be definitely be playing this album again.

Centra 25mm 2 Round Rings A4 Ring Binder - Black
Centra 25mm 2 Round Rings A4 Ring Binder - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy A4 binder. No spine label, but otherwise good all round, 16 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This black A4 page holding ring binder is of standard design and opens and shuts with a solid click. There is no label or plastic covered area for a card label along the spine, which is something a lot of people like to have, so it may well make the difference between this being right for you or not . The folder is sturdy and the edges and corners are unlikely to get frayed easily by the look and feel of them.

Where Can I Go?
Where Can I Go?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen, 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: Where Can I Go? (MP3 Download)
I really enjoyed this free track. It starts off a quiet and unassuming acoustic number and then builds up with more instruments. Nice vocal and interesting lyrics. It makes me want to hear more from Laura Marling (someone whose name I'd been aware of but hadn't heard anything by until now).

Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Membership Card with 1 Bonus Month - Call of Duty Ghosts Branded (Xbox One/360)

5.0 out of 5 stars The code worked as expected, 1 Nov 2014
Renewing Xbox Live is always significantly cheaper when you buy these pre-paid cards, and this one gives a bonus month for free.

There's not much really to review in terms of the card – if you're looking at this then you already have some idea of what the "gold" service on Xbox Live gives you. If you don't then, in short it gives you access to online and/or multiplayer features in games that have them and also to free games every month.

I can confirm that the card worked for me and that it credited me the extra month.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2014 1:55 PM GMT

Logitech K480 Multi Device Bluetooth Keyboard for PC, Smartphone and Tablet (QWERTY) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wireless keyboard I have ever seen, 1 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. I don't mean to sound like I'm showing my age, but sometimes I think we are living in the world of tomorrow that we all used to think was science fiction. I'm starting to really love bluetooth devices, and without even needing any instructions, in the space of 5 minutes I was able to connect this stand alone keyboard up to my phone and my work laptop and switch back and forward between writing emails on my smartphone and a report on the laptop just through the click of a dial. That's not all, because the keyboard also allows a third device to be connected if you have one.

The keyboard is extremely well designed and durable. You can sit your phone in the recess, or you can pick the keyboard up and walk abound the room with it. This could be especially useful for teachers, I.T. tutors or people giving presentations on a projector screen. All the buttons you need are there and you can even switch between Windows and Mac devices.

It works off 2 AAA batteries, so there is no need to plug it in and charge it.

I cannot think of one single thing I would change about this keyboard and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20