Profile for Pat H > Reviews

Pat H

Legacy of a Quiet Man
Legacy of a Quiet Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing voice...., 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Legacy of a Quiet Man (Audio CD)
I accidentally stumbled across this album and, in fact, only listened initially to hear 'The Isle of Innisfree' as I wondered what Sinead Stone's interpretation might be like... it was great but as the album went on I heard the opening spine tingling notes and lines of 'Annaghdown' and was blown away! It continued with magical songs like 'We Dreamed Our Dreams', 'Seolta Bana', 'The Cottage by the Lee' and the haunting 'Siobhan'.... very impressive vocal performance and I cannot understand how this singer is not better known... I am really looking forward to her next album.

Love & The Goddess
Love & The Goddess

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, engaging and surprising!, 23 Dec. 2013
I stumbled upon this gem while reading an article in an Irish Sunday newspaper on self-publishing. At the time, I liked the quirky idea of the storyline and it's author... Subsequently, on reading it, I found myself being more and more drawn into the storyline. Perhaps it was because of it's resonance with my own life right now but the themes are universal yet handled in a simply delightful way. There is an excellent storyline laced with lightness and fun and yet managing to impart some real wisdom in the process as it pans out.
This book has the authentic feel of Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist' and, for me also, strong hints of James Redfield's 'The Celestine Prophecy'. Yes, it is an Irish story with strong international elements but this book will appeal to anyone with an interest in love, loss, healing, assumptions, truth and the power of connection. In conclusion, this, in my opinion, is a book that is thoroughly enjoyable, easy to read and emotionally engaging. The author (I can't believe this is her first novel!) is one to watch out for I suspect.

Guide for the Advanced Soul: A Book of Insight
Guide for the Advanced Soul: A Book of Insight
by Susan Hayward

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Consoling, Impactful and Profound, 22 Dec. 2013
I came across this book accidentally while reading Richard Bach's wonderful book 'Illusions' many years ago and thought at the time it was merely part of the fictional script.... Wow, was I wrong! One of the most original books of inspirational sayings, A Guide for the Advanced Soul, has accompanied me through many of life's ups and downs and has never disappointed.... I keep a copy at home and in my car and refer frequently as it's wisdom and insight seem remarkably relevant and timely... I have gifted it to those I felt would benefit and will continue to do so... This is a reference book and a source of inspiration and courage... simple yet complex, beautiful but real, meaningful and healing... and I am grateful for it's ever-giving gift to me.