Profile for LondonSi > Reviews

Content by LondonSi

LondonSi

Rapport W254 Optima F3 Caron Fibre Quad Watch Winder
Rapport W254 Optima F3 Caron Fibre Quad Watch Winder

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality - rarely works properly and poor customer service, 1 Mar. 2012
I've had this for around 18 months now, and thought it was the ideal solution to keep my 4 watches wound.

For the first 3 months the winder was great, and performed exactly as expected. After that, one of the winders started to rotate slowly, and make a nasty grinding noise. I called Rapport, and they sent me a new motor, together with instructions on how to fit it. A few weeks later another motor went, and another replacement sent.
I called their service centre and returned it for a repair (I don't like paying this kind of money for a product, and having to get screwdrivers out to fix it). It returned working after.

After another short period, more motors started going. The watches wind very slowly, and the rotating parts make terrible grinding and squeaking noises. Again, you have to call up, and they don't even ask, they just send you more motors.

I've got so fed up with it (it's in my bedroom inside a cupboard, but the noise still keeps me awake at night!) that I've stopped using it. I've called the company, and written to their MD, but received a reply from Customer Services saying (you guessed it) ... "We'll send some more motors".

I wouldn't purchase a Rapport product again. Maybe I've just been unfortunate, but the poor quality of the constantly failing product coupled with Customer Service who don't seem to care makes this a very poor product.