Profile for Peter in the Garden > Reviews

Content by Peter in the G...

Peter in the Garden "Peter" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sport Direct SLK206 Bicycle Led Combination Lock
Sport Direct SLK206 Bicycle Led Combination Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lock, 20 Sept. 2012
A very effective looking lock, which should act as a deterrent as much as a lock. Not tested its resilience against a determined thief - but it feels solid enough. Simple code setting - once we had the instructions on how to do it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2012 5:38 PM BST

Oaks Lighting 8 Light Carlisle Black and Brushed Gold Ceiling Light
Oaks Lighting 8 Light Carlisle Black and Brushed Gold Ceiling Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - but needed adapting, 7 Mar. 2012
This is exactly what I was looking for. But I hadn't calculated on how far it would drop down. We don't have very high ceilings and the thing was at eye level using the original fixings. We had to drill holes in the rim and turn the support rods upside down to hook on to a single lockable chain link at the top. It was a gamble whether this would work - as once we'd drilled it, we couldn't send it back. But it's brilliant. It would just be worth highlighting prominently in the description how far it drops down and that, unadapted, it only really suits high ceilings.

PURE EVOKE-3, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio with EPG and Recording
PURE EVOKE-3, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio with EPG and Recording

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly appalling technology, 4 Dec. 2011
BEWARE - this radio has plenty of fancy features - but don't expect them to last long. I've had mine for about three years and now the all-important screen has stopped working. Without it, you can't do anything - change channels, set an alarm - nothing. I've tried a factory re-set, which made it worse, re-tuning it away from Radio 4 - and now I have no way of getting it back there. It is, therefore, a completely useless piece of junk now. The first thing that went wrong was the battery pack and power usage - it used up brand new batteries in minutes, meaning it had to stay plugged into the mains. So when the screen went, I had an un-portable radio that I couldn't change channels on. Now I can't find Radio 4, I have an un-portable radio with no way of finding the station I want to listen to. I'm going back to Roberts. This very expensive Pure Evoke 3 is one of the worst pieces of technology I have ever bought.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 12:01 PM GMT

FT Guide to Business Networking: How to Use the Power of Online and Offline Networking for Business Success (The FT Guides)
by Heather Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to change the way you work, 23 Aug. 2011
I now understand why some of my efforts at getting projects off the ground have been so ineffective in the past. But I am now ready to revisit one or two of them, but this time using networking to reach the right people. This book is full of highly valuable advice on how to get things done.

Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars utterly brilliant, 25 July 2011
This review is from: follow me down (Audio CD)
Sarah Jarosz is a teen genius (now 20). The CD is gorgeous and subtle; live, she's dynamite and full of power. Highly recommended.

Verbatim 43521 16x Printable DVD-R - Jewel Cased 10 Pack
Verbatim 43521 16x Printable DVD-R - Jewel Cased 10 Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars I got ONE dvd - not TEN, 4 Dec. 2010
Er - I thought that as I ordered a pack of 10 I would get 10 DVds. Instead I got just ONE..... What's going on here?

Verbatim 43411 Extra Protection 48/52x 100pk
Verbatim 43411 Extra Protection 48/52x 100pk
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Just trash, 20 Mar. 2010
Unbelievable. I have just thrown away nine of these utterly miserable and useless CDs in a row. They are incapable of burning more than 2 or 3 songs before being spat out of the PC. Why bother making such trash? Especially aggravating as I thought I was buying the same Verbatim CDs that I had last time which DID mostly work OK. But these white coloured ones, although having exactly the same spec as the silver ones, are a waste of time and money. Avoid at all costs.

Russell Hobbs 13724 Carnaby Kettle and Toaster Breakfast Set in stainless steel
Russell Hobbs 13724 Carnaby Kettle and Toaster Breakfast Set in stainless steel

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 13 Jun. 2009
Bought this combo in a shop. First toaster broke in two weeks. Replacement broke after a few months. Kettle leaks. One rung above junk.

by Gautam Malkani

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, clever, witty, 20 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Londonstani (Hardcover)
Wow - What a superb story. The minutely observed manners and behaviour, the dramatic plot twists (the funeral chapter is a stunning piece of work in its own right), and the sharp wit all go to make this a deeply thought-provoking book. To cap it all, the rhythm of the language becomes intoxicating. A funny, moving, challenging novel that deals with a vital social issue.

by Gautam Malkani

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - intelligent, witty, provocative, 20 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Londonstani (Paperback)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5