Profile for M. G. Stafford > Reviews

Content by M. G. Stafford

M. G. Stafford

We Come From The Same Place
We Come From The Same Place

4.0 out of 5 stars good lyrics and different enough from most indie-pop/anti-folk to make ..., 13 Aug. 2015
Melodic, good lyrics and different enough from most indie-pop/anti-folk to make it worth a listen.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

2.0 out of 5 stars I cam imagine this would make a good film as the plot is interesting, 13 Aug. 2015
I cam imagine this would make a good film as the plot is interesting, but this isn't well-written at all. The characters aren't well developed and I sensed inconsistencies in their behaviour (by which I mean that at times they seemed to react in a way that suited the story rather than matching their character). The whole idea of the central character and how her alcoholism impacts on the plot needs re-thinking.

The Children Act
The Children Act

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't always enjoy McEwan's books but this one I did, 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Children Act (Kindle Edition)
I don't always enjoy McEwan's books but this one I did. Typically observational with plenty of interesting social comment to ponder.

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens
Offered by Smithy07

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2015
Did exactly what it said.

Funny Girl
Funny Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for afficionados of early TV comedy shows (1960s and ..., 13 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Funny Girl (Kindle Edition)
Amusing stuff in typcial Hornby style. Great for afficionados of early TV comedy shows (1960s and 1970s)

Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour
Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour
by Kate Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 14 Aug. 2009
A jolly good read... although I doubt it'll win any awards as a piece of objective research! Maybe should have the subtitle "with particular emphasis on the middle classes in semi-rural southern England".

For me the highlight was working out which social class I'm in (and thankfully avoiding the aspiring upper middles of the Hyacinth Bucket type).

It's very easy read, and a good source of banter and discussion once a few of your friends have read it too.

Mathematical Team Games: Enjoyable Activities to Enhance the Curriculum
Mathematical Team Games: Enjoyable Activities to Enhance the Curriculum
by Vivien Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Esay to use, and enjoyable for students, 14 Aug. 2009
I'm a fan of tarquin resources anyway, but this was better than most. The activities are ready to be photocopied and cut up, and the teacher notes are very helpful with regard to organistaion and preparation. My only gripe would be that there simply aren't enough activities in there, as my students really enjoyed them.