Profile for Alex > Reviews

Content by Alex

Alex (Glasgow, United Kingdom)

Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products
Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, fascinating insight into Apple design, 27 Nov 2013
Leander has produced the most comprehensive insight into Apple design aesthetic and how Jony Ive is key to Apple's success. Well paced and written in a highly accessible style, this book was, for me at least, one I could barely put down. Gutted it's finished to be honest!

Moleskine Large Plain Limited Edition Lego Notebook - Red Brick
Moleskine Large Plain Limited Edition Lego Notebook - Red Brick

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, 26 Jan 2013
My son loves this book, very nicely put together and great quality. Little bit expensive for what it is, however for a lego lover like my son it is "essential"!

AyeGear® H12 MultiPocket Zip Up Hoodie (12 Pockets) Sweatshirt Fleece Jacket
AyeGear® H12 MultiPocket Zip Up Hoodie (12 Pockets) Sweatshirt Fleece Jacket
Offered by AyeGear UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travelling - even for an oldie like me!, 16 Jan 2013
My other half bought me this (after some gentle prompting) for my Christmas - I got the red one and love it, I have barely had it off my back since.

The ordering process is super smooth and delivery was really quick (other vendors take note). As it was Christmas we even got a nice little Christmas card and a free t-shirt inside the package - a really nice, personal, touch.

The number of pockets on this H12 hoodie is just amazing - I tend to travel around with a card wallet, phone, money, pen, handkerchiefs, multiple sets of keys and other bits and bobs, however you would barely notice any of these when using the H12.

Super comfy, it fits really nicely (even with my body shape...ahem...) and looks great as well. What more could you ask?

Several people have asked me where I got it so no doubt there will be many more sales going to AyeGear in the near future.

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, gripping book, 12 Oct 2012
As a total newcomer to Peter May books I was seduced by the ridiculously low 20p price and didn't expect much. How wrong I was! A superb, gripping read with twists and turns all along the way, brilliantly told and a great, slightly unexpected, finish. Bought the first in the trilogy now and reading it while I write this!

Mophie Powerstation Battery for iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Smartphones and USB Devices - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 14 Aug 2012
I bought this from the Apple Store and it really is a great bit of kit, especially for mobile travellers like myself. Being able to charge my iPhone up to FOUR times as well as stepping up the output to charge the iPad is just great. I've managed to survive a whole working week without plugging any of my iDevices into the mains.

Kensington 2nd Generation KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for Apple iPad 2
Kensington 2nd Generation KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for Apple iPad 2
Offered by Blue Diamond's

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this for my Christmas and it's just superb!, 11 Jan 2012
I got this from my wife for Christmas and I have to say I am seriously impressed by it - the keyboard did take me a little while to get used to, mainly because I use the right-hand shift key and this keybooard doesn't have one (I'm a leftie!).