Profile for mint tea > Reviews

Herb Pharm Bugleweed Motherwort Compound, 1 Oz
Offered by Atlantic Trading Company
Price: 5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, 1 July 2014
I didn't buy this product on Amazon, my partner travels regularly to the States & buys it for me there.
I was diagnosed about 2 months ago with an over active Thyroid (auto immune, my immune system is attacking my Thyroid). I was prescribed the drug Carbimazole, 20mg/day & was amazed at the difference in how I felt when first taking the drug. I was very worried about the possible side effects of the drug and after a week it was taking ages to 'kick in'...I would take 2 pills at 8am and often didn't seem to actually have an effect until the afternoon, then not long after I would feel extremely sleepy & grumpy.

I read about this Compound and when I got my hands on some, a week later, I stopped the Carbimazole & started the Compound. I was amazed at how quickly it worked for me (within 5 minutes) exactly the same relaxed feeling as the Carbimazole, but quicker. I varied the amount of drops every day, depending on how I felt, quickly getting used to what it felt like to have my Thyroid at the right speed.
I have also dropped wheat, dairy and refined sugar from my diet and, on the advice of a Nutritional Therapist make sure I eat more protein with every meal & less carbohydrate (good for the Endocrine system). I also take one Echinacea Root tablet a day (supposed to help balance the immune system) and Ashwagandha powder. I have now purchased the Herb Pharm 'Thyroid Lifter' compound as well, for when I feel I'm going under active (sleepy, no energy), which also works very quickly and amazingly well!

I had been slightly worried that it might just be my imagination that the Compound was working, but 2 weeks ago I had my blood tests again, to see how things were going and my doctor reported that my results were 'in target range'!!

Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD)
Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD)
by Paul McKenna
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Paul Mckenna!! :), 7 Feb 2014
I'm a big fan of Paul McKenna....I've got most of his books and I find the hypnosis CDs that come with the books really do work (especially Change Your Life in 7 Days, which really lifted me out of a dark place).

I've had a problem with emotional eating since I was a teenager, which developed into a full blown eating disorder, due to strict dieting...so I totally agree with Paul that diets make things worse...you tell yourself you 'shouldn't' eat 'forbidden' foods and before you know it you find yourself binging on those foods..surprise, surprise!! (I guess it's the basic law of physics 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction').

After reading a book on overeating in my twenties I managed to get myself out of the binge/diet/excessive exercise cycle that had taken over my life & was making me very miserable & ill.
I stopped weighing myself, ate what I wanted when I was physically hungry, was kind to myself & over a year returned to my normal weight.
BUT...& I didn't like to admit it, over the years since, like an addict, I was still tending to turn a bit to food around my emotional up and downs, especially in the last few years, gradually gaining (I'm guessing looking at photos) a fair amount of weight.

I noticed this book 2 weeks ago & ordered it straight away, thinking this could be answer to my prayers.
I've been listening to the CD before bed and I can't believe how disinterested in food I am!! I only think of food when I'm genuinely hungry and I am not bothered apart from that, but I'm feeling absolutely fine...I'm just not getting as upset about day to day problems, feel better in myself and not once have I felt the need to reach for food to 'sooth' myself.
ALSO!..I am far more active...not fanatical exercising..just really keen to do housework (!), go for a walk..any chance to just move around more.

I will not be stopping using this CD!! The book is so interesting too and I'm looking forward to using the 'havening' technique.

My clothes already feel a bit looser, I'm really sure I'll get back to my normal weight and without any suffering & continue to feel better mentally.

Can't thank Paul enough for sharing his knowledge :)

Work Your Way Around the World
Work Your Way Around the World
by Susan Griffith
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to see this book is still being published.., 10 Feb 2013
Really great to see this book is still being published.

I read one of the earlier versions, aged 22, back in 1996. I was very fed up with my life...office temping, still living with my parents.

I picked up this book in a bookshop (in the 'olden days' before the internet!!) and was inspired by peoples stories.
I had always wanted to live in Switzerland, since seeing the childrens' drama 'Heidi' on TV!
I thought 'why don't I just go for it?! Things can't get worse, I've got nothing to lose!'...I quit my work, booked a flight to Zurich.

The book actually was slightly negative about the possibility of finding official work in Switzerland..it was one country in Europe that was very strict with visas etc. But after a great week of staying in hostels, meeting new people & walking miles through the snow in gorgeous Switzerland , knocking on hotel doors, (that week alone was amazing)..I eventually was offered a job as a chambermaid in Grindelwald...and had a brilliant 3 months, earnt very good money, lived in a chalet with the other staff (mostly from Spain)...one of the best times of my life!

After that experience, I knew I didn't want to go back to office work, upon returning to the UK I got a job as an air hostess, so I really thank the book a lot, it really encouraged me to turn my life around.

Read this book & go for it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 7:12 PM BST

Fit for Real People: Sew Great Clothes Using ANY Pattern (Sewing for Real People)
by Pati Palmer
Price: 14.27

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want your dressmaking to work..GET THIS BOOK!, 2 May 2010
I purchased this book last year..I came across it after searching for books on the subject of fitting here on Amazon. I'd been having dressmaking lessons for a year and though I was sewing well...none of the garments I made from patterns seemed to fit okay!
Well all I can say is this book has transformed my projects. I've learnt how to do a 'tissue fitting', correct bust measurement and do a 'full bust adjustment'. So now clothing fits me around the shoulders and bust. I've also learnt about doing a 'swayback' adjustment, as swayback is something I've had since a child..now my skirts and dresses sit okay on me. As a result I've now made a winter coat, dresses and skirts that all FIT ME (and I love them)!:-) There are loads more adjustments too for things like one hip higher than the other, hunched back and different body shapes. The authors also show you how to increase of decrease the size of patterns (handy for vintage patterns).
If you want to pick up a sewing pattern and know that your finished garment will fit you really well..buy this book.

Juice Master Keeping It Simple: Over 100 Delicious Juices and Smoothies
Juice Master Keeping It Simple: Over 100 Delicious Juices and Smoothies
by Jason Vale
Price: 10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book!, 2 May 2010
I received this book for Christmas..together with a juicer! I am sad to say I have only just got round to actually making the juices..I've got the fruits and vegetables today from the supermarket and am SO looking forward to trying the recipes and glowing with health!
The only thing that does puzzle me a bit - why are yogurt and ice-cream included in the recipes?..Jason does mention several times how negative dairy products can be for your health..so why include them? I know that yogurt contains the healthy bacteria, but you can get this from tablets/powders and there are soya and rice milk products available as an alternative (occasionally mentioned in the book).
If you are interested in finding out just how bad dairy products (yogurt too!!) can be for your health - I found Professor Jane Plant's book 'Your Life in Your Hands' is an excellent read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2011 9:03 PM BST

When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care: Traditional and Alternative Healing Methods
by Lucile C. Moore
Price: 11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book.., 25 Nov 2009
We have 2 house rabbits and this book looked handy, as they've had various health problems over the 3 years since they joined our family! Very interesting to read that the Herpes virus (such as coldsores!) can be spread to rabbits and is deadly to them...I get coldsores so was glad to be told, but this was a shock to read!! Delightful stories about rabbits & rescued rabbits. Written by real rabbit lovers for real rabbit lovers! They have also referred to work by vet & rabbit expert Frances Harcourt-Brown - who is our rabs' vet!

Road Less Traveled, 25th Anniversar
Road Less Traveled, 25th Anniversar
by PECK
Price: 9.35

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, 17 April 2009
I couldn't put this book down...really I beleive the most amazing, important book I have ever read. It was a shocking read -as I suddenly identified with behaviours in myself that Peck describes in others, I became very tearful..it was just so sad to realise why I had done certain things in the past..just kept saying "If ONLY I had read this book as a teenager, my life up to now would have been so much better!!"
Is great to learn how to really improve your life & relationships ..I loved it when Peck said he gets so cross with parents who tell their children they 'think too much'(my mum always said this to me)..when that is exactly where we go wrong - NOT thinking enough!
I am not a religious person, infact I did not beleive in 'God' at all before reading this. When Peck talks about 'God' NOT being 'out there' but as a force inside all of us and everything - infact -God being our subconscious mind (the largest, but least used part of the mind for most of us) always knowing the best way for us - I thought this made alot of sense!! When Peck asks you to examine your belief in a 'life force' looking after us - haven't you come so close to death but didn't die?(and can't explain why, or how you seemed to be saved so last minute, by the most amazing 'luck'!) - I knew this had happened to me.
I was very disappointed to read some of the reviews of this book where people say it is a good book until he talks about religion & that he is trying to force religion on people..he is not promoting religion at all!! Infact he gives an example of how organised religion had been so distructive in one of his patient's lives. I would say to those people to read the book again and don't switch off at the word 'God' because he's not even talking about God in the way most people think of God!!