Profile for B > Reviews

Content by B

B "bhaskar" (birmingham, United Kingdom)

Perrier's Bounty [Blu-ray]
Perrier's Bounty [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars What's with the reviews here, did they see the same film?, 30 Jun 2013
This is a brilliant film, let me say that again, this is a brilliant film. I was told to watch this about a year ago. I remembered the name but never sought it out. It appeared on tele so I gave it a whirl..... Wow. I never review stuff on Amazon but after seeing the reviews that were posted I felt compelled. The script is so tight, so resonant, it's beautiful. The acting is superb, the cast.. pretty flipping stellar. If you like tight, well scripted, intelligent indie films, don't hesitate, just watch.

LINDY USB Portable Wireless Audio System
LINDY USB Portable Wireless Audio System
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed To Bits, 7 April 2012
Don't normally leave reviews but feel I have to for this little beauty. When I started looking for an audio receiver was tempted by the Bluetooth things on the market but there were reports of poor sound quality and that just wont do. So I bought this and 2 things stand out 1) No more wires across the living room Hooray 2) The sound quality is pretty perfect. One thing to note, I only have a pretty cheap stereo so it's not being run through the best equipment in the world. I cant therefore comment what this sounds like through a £500+ music system but with what I've got it's excellent.

PS the set up was probably the easiest thing I've ever set up that's computer related. Literally plugged the USB dongle in and plugged the receiver into my stereo, as soon as I pressed play on my laptop there was glorious loud clear sound. Well done. Hope the product lasts a while as £50 is a lot to spend.

Highly Recommended

Fontana Modern Masters - Jung
Fontana Modern Masters - Jung
by Anthony Storr

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books of all time for the young creative mind, 11 Jun 2011
Wow, this book changed my life. I read this when I was 24 years old and it has absolutely influenced every moment of my life since then. I have loved science and the scientific endeavour my whole life but science does not concern itself with metaphysical questions. This is where Jung steps in. He addresses the very root of our nature and his conclusions are so compelling and so rational (as rational can be in this ephemeral realm) that there can be no argument. James Hollis wrote that we should not pursue a science of the soul but here in Anthony Storr's summation of Jung we are given that very science. If you are a searcher this will re-define your life. Enjoy.