Profile for Welk > Reviews

Content by Welk

Welk

Vietnam: The Aftermath
Vietnam: The Aftermath

5.0 out of 5 stars Why have I not heard of him before - this is brilliant. I love good music and this is now ..., 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Vietnam: The Aftermath (Audio CD)
Never heard of him until I heard a track on radio 3 late one night - caught the name of the album and thought it was worth a listen. It really does grow on you. He captures that oriental feel without over doing it and the other musicians are very accomplished. Why have I not heard of him before - this is brilliant. I love good music and this is now my favourite CD of the moment! I just wish he would let rip on the violin a bit more.

Keys to the Families of British Spiders
Keys to the Families of British Spiders
by L.Jones- Walters

3.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed. Great photo on the front but only black ..., 6 Sept. 2014
I was disappointed. Great photo on the front but only black and white drawings inside - good though they are - I thought there would be colour photos inside to aid identification. This is a learned text for those who really want to study spiders with microscopes etc whereas I am looking for a dog walkers companion who wants to know a bit more.

Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide)
Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide)
by Michael J. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars too much, 6 Sept. 2014
Whew - this is comprehensive but not for the casual dog walker who wants to know just a bit more. Its for somebody who wants to really really study spiders. For me I need a book with more photos- on the web and in habitat - clearer idea of scale - using common names and with a few titbits of info but there is nothing out there of that ilk! Something between spot the dog and this. The more I look at spiders the more I want to know but this is just too over whelming.

For content it cannot be anything other than a 5 star but for what I wanted I will be giving this a 3

Changeless
Changeless
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Changeless, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Changeless (Audio CD)
laid back, mesmerising, intricate but apparently simple, controlled and quite brilliant - why would you not want to listen to this.