Profile for G. Benjamin > Reviews

Content by G. Benjamin

G. Benjamin "B.a.G" (Italy)

F# A# Oo
F# A# Oo
Price: 14.07

5.0 out of 5 stars In another dimension., 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: F# A# Oo (Audio CD)
I was recently given as a gift Mumford & sons latest cd but after having recently bought F#A#0o I just couldn't get into The Mumford CD at all. The Godspeed you cd is just brilliant. Play it through a good hifi and it just resonates around your listening space. It is interesting music that grabs me instinctively on a gut level. There are many top bands out there that don't get recognized and 'GodSpeed you...' are one. Would I recommend it? Without hesitation although obviously what music one likes is a subjective thing.

Interiors [DVD] (1978)
Interiors [DVD] (1978)
Dvd ~ Diane Keaton
Price: 6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Interiors [DVD] (1978) (DVD)
A wonderful quiet reflection on the human condition. Woody Allen once said that one of his favourite moments in making films is after the film is made and he sits down with a close associate to pick and choose the music that best fits the film. This is his only film without a soundtrack. It says something. It is so beautifully quiet and affecting as it is that any music would be merely distracting.
I have many films on DVD at home and watched many films like thousands of other people but I would say that I have watched this probably more than most. It is profound, real and most of all an intricate reading of the transitory and complex nature of life, family and relationships. Furthermore it demonstrates how good intentions are often lost or misunderstood. It is a film which would, without hesitation, be in my top ten films of all time.

Before Sunset [DVD] [2004]
Before Sunset [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Ethan Hawke
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 16.35

4.0 out of 5 stars original, 18 Mar 2010
This review is from: Before Sunset [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Both 'Before Sunrise' and 'Before Sunset' are highly recommended. There are no films like them and I would say they are both equally as good in their own rights although if I had to plump for the better of the two I'd say'Before Sunset' as it is a little more adult in its theme and dialogue and as a consequence slightly more involving.

Barry White Sings for Someone You Love
Barry White Sings for Someone You Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Undiscovered Barry White, 2 Mar 2008
I bought my copy in Hong Kong. I had never seen it before and bought it immediately. You need not go to HMV in Hong Kong though as you can get this on the from Amazon at a good price from the comfort of your lounge.

What is there to say that's not been said before? Apart from the sampled 'Playing your game' (7 minutes 10 seconds) there is one of the most joyous, infectious and feel good songs Barry Whie ever recorded in 'You're So Good It's Bad'.

Jump to It
Jump to It
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars just lovin' the 80's, 4 Oct 2007
This review is from: Jump to It (Audio CD)
Every saturday Lee Gray and I would go into Manchester from Timperley on the 108 bus. Our only real purpose was to go to a tiny soul record shop called Spin-in where they had two cardboard boxes with all the latest imports. You just couldn't wait to look through those import records. What great days! Over the years I got 2 know most of the 'soul' scene. Vandross was obviously part of that scene so seeing his name as 'producer' carried some weight. Arether Franklin kind of needed no introduction.

The album is great really, from the Sam dees penned 'If she don't want your lovin' through to 'This is for real' the album shines. It's simple really if you like 70's/80's soul it's great stuff. Lee get in touch!

Celebrate Me Home
Celebrate Me Home
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 13.75

4.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like this anymore, 24 July 2006
This review is from: Celebrate Me Home (Audio CD)
I used to buy a soul magazine when I was growing up in the early to late 80's called Blues and Soul. All I ever bought was soul music often guided by this magazine and Mike Shaft on TCOB on Picadilly radio on Sunday evenings. Those were the days. On the single import page in B&S there was something about a new single by Kenny Loggins where the reviewer talked about this great album of his from 1977 and how it crossed many boundries etc. Suffice to say I got it and 20 years later it is still one of my favourite albums. Apart from the fact that the album is great the song 'If you Be Wise' is one of my favourite songs of all time. Pure class.