Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Student of Astrology" (Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter with Auto-Exposure, Auto-Focus and Auto-Aperture, Canon EOS EF EFs Lens to EOS M EF-m Camera Body
Offered by Fotodiox Inc. USA

5.0 out of 5 stars using the tripod bush that's included and found it very easy to use, 21 Mar. 2015
If you have a Canon EOS M and also a Canon EOS DSLR. then this is almost an essential piece of kit. It is very well made, right up to the standard of Canon's own version, which costs over twice as much. I've used it to mount each of my Canon EFS lenses. In particular I used it to mount a 55-250 zoom and used it to video the Swans at Martin Mere, I mounted the combination on a hide clamp, using the tripod bush that's included and found it very easy to use. Indeed it was easier than using the EOS 550D,

Transcend 64GB Ultimate SDXC Class 10 UHS-I 600x Memory Card
Transcend 64GB Ultimate SDXC Class 10 UHS-I 600x Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cards, Good Value, 21 Mar. 2015
I have three of these cards, one in each of my Canon DSLRs and one in my Canon EOS M. They are great for video work and for shooting a lot of RAW photos in succession. Great cards and good value.

Neewer® BG-E8 Replacement Battery Grip for Canon EOS 550D 600D 650D 700D / Rebel T2i T3i T4i T5i SLR Digital Cameras
Offered by Neewer Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 21 Mar. 2015
Bought this as a battery girp for my Canon 550D after experiencing the version that also comes with batteries on my Canon 700D. Highly recommended.

Speedlite 500XS Flash Unit Guide Number of 68m for Canon EOS 1D, 5D, 6D, 7D, Mark II, III, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 100D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 1000D, 1100D & 1200D Digital SLR Cameras
Offered by HD Sales Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flash but off-camera issue, 21 Mar. 2015
This flash claims to be dedicated to the Canon EOS range of cameras. On the camera it worked fine giving very good results with both direct and bounced flash. It synchronised with the camera allowing the flashgun settings to be set on Camera. This allowed me to get the right exposure for a room that had a large window, leaving the interior heavily backlit, which is a common problem. Having metered for the ambient window light I then reduced the setting by using -1.66 stops EV compensation and +1.67 stops Flash compensation both set on camera. The result was perfect.

The reason that I've only given it four stars is its off camera capabilities with the Canon EOS system. I used it with an EOS 700D which can act as a master for wireless off camera flash. This flash did not react as it should have and I believe that is down to it being 'radio' wireless rather than Canon's onboard flash drive wireless. This did not change by altering the setting from S1 to S2. However used as a second flash in a set up, it did fire, when set to S2.

Both my Canon 430 EX and my Aperlite flash worked fine with the camera and both showed a pulsing red light on the front of the flash, which was absent from the 500SX. This flash also failed to work with my dedicated extension cords despite showing an appropriate 'flash ready' symbol. One of those leads came from the same manufacturer as the flash gun!

On Camera it's a delight to use, but off camera you need to be prepared to alter the settings manually, though that can lead to great results. If you really want full dedication and don't want to spend the money on a Canon flash, then try the Aperrlite Y-7000C for only £5 less (yes it is cheaper!)

Aperlite YH-700C Professional Flash Flashlight for Canon Digital SLR Cameras [Supports High-Speed Sync, TTL Modes & Wireless Master Control]
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars but this is easily remedied through the camera's menu, 21 Mar. 2015
I didn't expect much from such a low priced flash gun but it seems to be 100% compatible with my Canon 700D. It can be adjusted through the camera's menu and it can even operate in slave mode, being triggered by the 700D's wireless controller. It might be slightly overexposing photos, but this is easily remedied through the camera's menu. The extent of flash illumination that should be used is very much a personal and subjective issue but I found the amount of control that I could exercise over the flash meant that I could take an interior shot which balanced both the ambient light coming in through a window with the flash needed to illuminate the room. This resulted in the outsied looking as I saw it and the inside looking as I saw it

Clearly this is a flash that can be extremely versatile and is not just meant to be used as an on camera flash.. It seems to be reasonably well made but is not as well finished as my Caonon 430EX,(which cost four times as much). So it's longevity is my only question. I'll report back if anything untoward happens.

Neewer® Battery Grip Replacement Batteries Kit for Canon EOS 550D 600D 700D/ Rebel T2i T3i T5i Digital SLR Cameras Includes: 1x BG-E8 Battery Grip + 2x LP-E8 Rechargable Li-ion Battery
Offered by Neewer Global

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to fit to my Canon EOS 700D and didn't ..., 21 Mar. 2015
Unbelievable value for money. As others have commented, it is so well made and feels solid, as well as looking the part. It was easy to fit to my Canon EOS 700D and didn't notice any hangover or lack of shape, as another reviewer commented. The hinged lcd does project slightly and when fully opened there is a small 'lip' but that is to be expected and it doesn't cause a problem. I loved mine so much I bought the grip only for my 550D, as I had two batteries already in my possession. The message is 'Buy one'!! It's the best accessory I have for the camera.

Canon Professional Gadget Bag 1EG
Canon Professional Gadget Bag 1EG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for the price, 21 Mar. 2015
For those of us with several lenses, flash, two or more camera bodies and an assortment of accessories, no camera bag is likely to hold them all and yet be reasonably portable. This bag does what it says in the product description. I managed to put in a Canon EOS 700D complete with 18-135 mm lens, and a battery grip plus a Canon EOS 550D body with battery grip attached, a Canon 55 - 250 mm EFS zoom, a Sigma 10-20 zoom, a Canon 430 EX flash and either a Canon 50mm EF lens or a Canon 18-55 EFS zoom (but not both).

That still left a lot of space in the side and front pockets plus the pocket in the lid. I could easily put in several filters, a light meter, spare batteries and cards, flash leads and a host of smaller items. At a pinch I could fit the 50mm EF lens in one of those pockets and take the 18-55 as well or even fit in an EOS M body and 18-55 zoom, though not attached, together with a converter to allow it to take the EFS lenses. However, the side pockets are not well padded, so that's taking something of a risk.

For those with several long/bulky lenses plus pro bodies with battery grips, then the space might not prove sufficient. I did consider the Tamrac Pro 12 , which would have held both bodies with lenses attached but the cost is twice as much and I might still have to sacrifice a lens in terms of space. For the price, this is an extremely well made and capacious bag
Comment Comment | Permalink

TomTom GO 500 UK & Ireland - 5" Sat Nav with Full UK & Ireland Lifetime Maps, Lifetime Traffic Updates, Smartphone Connected and Interactive Screen
Offered by TODO! TODO!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but pathetic 'instructions', 28 Mar. 2014
I bought a TomTom GO 400 as a TSV from a shopping channel. It wss an impulse purchase but the conditions allowed 30 days money back guarantee. I actually liked the product but founf the screen too small. So I decided to try the GO 500. The 400 was so obvious to set up but the 500 is different. Instead of an integral mount it has a separate mount arm that snaps into position. This arm has electrical connectors and a USB socket. Yhis covers up the socket on the device.

As there's only a small sheet with two pictograms provided, it's not made clear that the mount arm is for charging only....the device will not be recognised as a media device and so cannot connect to TomTom for upgrades, etc.

From the number of complaints about the model not connecting, it looks like others made the same mistake as me. I have another TomTom with integral mount, that to automatically connects. I never thought this device would not connect with the mount in place
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 4:26 PM BST

Premium 1AMP (1000mAh) XtraPower Micro USB Mains Wall Charger / Power Supply for Google Asus / Samsung Nexus 4 / 7 / 7 (2nd Gen) / 10 Tablet - with Charging indicating light - Extended Length 1.7m Cable
Offered by POWERPLUS

1.0 out of 5 stars Google Asus / Samsung Nexus 4 / 7 / 10 Tablet Micro USB Mains Wall Charger / Power Supply - with Charging indicating light, 15 Mar. 2013
This looked to be just what I wanted, to replace my existing Nexus 7 charger that was showing signs of failure. It came in a plain white thin cardboard box, with not product description at all, which in itself is a bit suspicious. It's a stylish device and looked well made but I very soon realised there would be problems. The label on the underside of the device proclaimed that is is 800 microamps, whereas the Nexus 7 requires a 2 Amp charger.

I've tested it out and it managed to reduce my battery from 59% power to 54% when left on charge overnight. That was with the Nexus turned off. But for the power rating label I'd day it was faulty. This is the second time I've bought a charger where the description claimed in could charge a tablet (the other was for an Archos 101 G9) but the product is simmply a mobile phone charger. In the first case the vendor, did offer a refund and went to the trouble of checking with his supplier. This is advertised for the Nexus 7 and it is not fit for purpose. Indeed the description almost certainly infringes the Sale of Good Act, and the Advertising Authority Code.

For those who want a replacement smartphone charger with a micro usb fitting this actually works well - it will charge my wife's Samsung Galaxy Ace and even my Samsung Galaxy S2 - it just won't charge a tablet.

Please, vendors, check to see that the product can actually do what you claim it can do. As this order was fulfilled by Amazon they should certainly have known better.

Andrew James 1250 Watt Professional Quality Electric Crepe Maker Includes Batter Spreader , Wooden Spatula, Oil Brush and Ladle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crepe Maker, 14 Jan. 2013
I ordered this in the weeks before Christmas as a Christmas present. Delivery was prompt with excellent service from the carrier but as it was a present, I still had to wait. In the week before Christmas we visited the Continental Market in Manchester and had crepes there - delicious!! After Christmas it was the time to get the Crepe Maker going and even the first fumbling attempts produced crepes that were equally good, if badly shaped. I'm sure I'll get better with practice and end up with good circular crepes. The tools supplied work well, especially the ladle because getting too much batter on the griddle can be a bit messy.

However compared to my previous efforts with a frying pan, this is a whole new world of success and really provides an incentive to have crepes on a regular basis. The supplied recipes and instructions work well first time and are easy to follow for the novice crepe maker.

I also bought the recipe book to go with it, so now there are loads of crepes to try both sweet and savoury. My son-in-law has suggested we have a crepe party, so that will really test out the crepe maker and the recipe book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3