Profile for D. WENT > Reviews

Content by D. WENT

D. WENT "danwent" (London)

The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013]
The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Neil Patrick Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and enjoyable, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Smurfs 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Great film, both my boys (aged 9and 5.5) loved it! They laughed out loud several times throughout the film. Gargamel is the funniest character of all!

ABC Products® ac mains adapter adaptor battery charger Sony ACL200, AC-L200, AC-L25, ACL25, AC-L25A, ACL25A, AC-L25B, ACL25B, AC-L25C, ACL25C for Cyber-shot + Handycam DCR-HC18E, HC19, HC19E, HC20, HC20E, HC21, HC21E, HC22, HC22E, HC23, HC23E, HC24, HC24E, HC26, HC26E, HC27, HC27E, HC28, HC28E, HC30, HC30E, HC30G, HC30L, HC30S, HC32 Camcorder Power Supply
Offered by abcproducts

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 4 Aug. 2011
I bought this product (from this seller) just over a year ago as a replacement for my handycam. Was impressed with the price.

I've used this a handful of times, and I just plugged it in and it went pop. Fortunately I hadn't plugged it into the camera yet, but when I did, it caused the thing to power off - not a good sign. I'm just glad it didn't pop while plugged into the camera - some people have said that the cheap replacement adaptors have damaged their cameras.

I won't be cutting corners again. For the sake of []odd quid, I'm not risking it again and I'm getting the Sony branded one.

My advice - avoid these cheaper alternatives.

Gelert Collapsible Water Carrier - 13lt
Gelert Collapsible Water Carrier - 13lt

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't purchase again, 28 July 2011
My own experience: clever theory, not quite so clever in reality...

Didn't fully expand when filled and I was left with a very strange wedgy-shaped container of water.
When you turn the tap, you'd be forgiven for thinking there's a blockage. It trickles out. As I watched it trickle, I would um and er about pulling the thing out and taking the lid off. Fine if you can be bothered with the hastle. But why not just make it with a bigger hole?

Then when it came to packing away, it was awkward to return it to its collapsed shape - I can't help thinking the plastic isn't up to that sort of fatiguing too many times - but I don't know for sure and it hasn't broken yet.

Maybe I will find that other folding water containers are no better or maybe even worse. But I will be considering trying others before returning to this odd thing. Just my experience though...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge space, 28 July 2011
Just used this tent for the first time...

A little awkward to put up - the instructions with the tent don't match the video on Outwell's website!. It took almost 2 hours but this will get quicker - you have to find your own method it seems.

Very attractive colour scheme - I find blue tents garrish and dark inside. But this tent looks attractive, blends into the outdoors a bit more, and is very light and airy inside.

Plenty of windows allow a lot of light in, and provide a great view out from inside.

Made from polyester which isn't as breathable as other more expensive tent materials, but we didn't have any condensation problems.

8 people would find sleeping in the 3 pods uncomfortable - I'd say this is a 6 man tent comfortably. Having said that though, the living area of the tent is plenty big enough to accomodate 8 people on a rainy day. I wanted a tent I could stand up in - I can walk around in this tent, it feels huge.

5 stars because overall I love this tent. The dome-pod design I personally think is far more interesting than a tunnel design tent (albeit dome tents require a larger pitch area). And during just 3 nights camping, we experienced several incidents of tent envy! I don't think you'll be disappointed with this tent.

Gelert Double Wash Bowl - Clear
Gelert Double Wash Bowl - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 28 July 2011
This is one of the best purchases I made for camping - large enough to wash all your stuff, 2 bowls provides flexibility in use, and folds to practically nothing. Time will tell whether or not the PVC can keep coping with being folded and unfolded at the corner points, but I'd happily buy another if it ever did fail.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work as it should, 13 Jan. 2011
95% of the time, this cable works. But the other 5% is very frustrating, particularly as it always seems to cut out at the critical moment in a film or cod game. The connector needs wiggling around to get it working again - I know its not the TV because other HDMI cables work. I hope wiggling this cable hasn't busted the TV connector. I've bought a more expensive cable now.

Because of the cost of this product, it seems pointless paying to return this item. And also, I guess you just expect a cable to work.

Don't save a few pounds and risk it - get decent one is my advice.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2013 10:36 AM GMT

Classroom Behaviour. Second Edition: A Practical Guide to Effective Behaviour Management and Colleague Support
by Bill Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 May 2008
I'm starting teaching soon, and the stuff I've learnt from this book has given what I think will be a great foundation. He backs up a lot of his points with real-life examples so you can immediately see what he's getting at. I would definately recommend this book.