Profile for Daniel Beunza > Reviews

Daniel Beunza

Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster
Breville VTT233 Black 4 Slice Toaster

1.0 out of 5 stars Confusing delivery system, 6 Jun 2014
I purchased my Breville toaster from Bright Sparks. Unfortunately the delivery company chosen by this retailer, DPD UK, has a confusing and unhelpful online tracking system that made me waste one day at home.

Here's the detailed story. Upon misdelivery on the first day (there's no clear option to leave with the neighbors), it automatically resent the package on the second day without notifying me. As I tried to have the package resent to me, their system cancelled the order, without notifying me. My tracking device said clearly "delivery today at 3.30 pm - 4.30 pm," but it never came. Thus, I spent the second day waiting at home for a package that made me believe it was coming, but that never did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 11:21 AM BST

A Week at the Airport: A Heathrow Diary
A Week at the Airport: A Heathrow Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational tour of the world-within-a-world that is an airport, 28 May 2014
Beautiful. Real. Well documented. I enjoyed this book from cover to cover, and made me go back for more by Botton.

The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit meets Brooklyn literary hipsters, 17 Sep 2013
I enjoyed the portrayal of literary 30-somethings as pompous entrepreneurial asses. But even if their poverty is not sugar-coated, the characters are still glorified. Oversimplified. Flat.

This book will be particularly interesting for aspiring literary debutantes in the cafe society of New York City -- even (and especially) if they never really plan to make it there.