Profile for Kellie Childs > Reviews

Master Drawings
Master Drawings
by Bryan Holme

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reference book, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Master Drawings (Hardcover)
Ive had mine for 30 years and still finds myself returning for inspiration on occasion. A good balance of pictures from all the old masters. Glad to see its available for others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice! Was wondering what it would end up like ..., 26 Nov. 2013
Very nice! Was wondering what it would end up like and was plesantly suprised. Overall it has improved the look of the wall I popped it up on, am now looking to see where else I can stick such things! Easy to rearrange if I get bored.

Fred Streeter's Gardening Year
Fred Streeter's Gardening Year
by Frank Hennig

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Oct. 2013
I got this because I had listened to Desert Island Discs historic recordings of Fred. I was so impressed with his knowledge I wanted to know more. The book was well worth the penny's it cost. Excellent service as well, very speedy.

Agralan M651 Plum Fruit Moth Trap
Agralan M651 Plum Fruit Moth Trap
Offered by millstones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Oct. 2013
After two years of worm infested plums I now have had a good year with a hole free crop of gorgeous Victoria plums. don't get me wrong, the daft plastic bird feeder like trap raised a lot of questions (plum is in my front garden so neighbours are keen to know what's going on) and was a bit fiddly but well worth it. But who cares if it works! Supplied with a second year replacement of the solution so I have stored it away for use next year as well. Can't wait for another round of homemade jam!

Birds of Britain
Birds of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
Gets the dog hyper in no time! Great to listen to when of in foreign climates and not able to sleep. Love the recordings and the little bits of information on each bird. Not sure how good it will be out in a field but you can't have everything! Hope they bring out an updated version of the birds on video !

Lonely Planet Romania & Bulgaria (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Romania & Bulgaria (Travel Guide)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version - poor, not easy to navigate around, 29 Oct. 2013
Partly my own fault as I didn't have enough time to get a paper copy in advance but thought I might try this Kindle version and see. Definitely not worth the money (rather expensive considering). Not only is it a nightmare getting out an electrical device in a strange country every time you want to look something up, but unlike a paper book moving through chapters was laborious and confusing. The maps weren't as useful either.

I visited 3 cities in 4 days and had very little down time which I didn't want to spend trying to find out things on the Kindle version while sitting in a hotel I would much rather of been out and about looking at the cities.

I have learnt my mistakes now, take a paper book with you it has the added advantage of being able to read it until you have to stand up and leave the plane and you didn't mind getting it out in the street so much. Yes you look like a tourist but then again you don't feel like a target.