Profile for Polinaa > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide & Seek Board
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide & Seek Board

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and imagination, 6 July 2012
I thought my 1 year old would be to young for this product but it proved otherwise. At the beginning he liked to open and close the doors, then he found out he can take out all the magnets and shut the doors. Now he is 1.5 year old and if I take all the magnets out he is able to place them back in in proper places. We also play a memory game. I ask him to give me one of the pieces e.g. a dog or a parrot and he guesses where it is hidden. I really like the hide and seek board and would recommend it. It is still looking good after several months, nothing broken.

The Wonder Weeks. How to Stimulate Your Baby's Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases Into Magical Leaps Forward
by Hetty Van de Rijt

5.0 out of 5 stars made me understand what is happening, 31 Dec 2011
This book is very good. I do recommend it very much. It helped me understand why every several months my son would stop sleeping through the night and need my attention so much more for a week or two (and made me realize it was not my fault he was more stressed or crying more often). The book gives also predictions when the difficult time is likely to start and I find it very accurate (it covers the time from birth to about 1.5years). Thanks to this book I was able to plan family visits and nursery start avoiding the time when my son is a bit more distressed already by the rapid development he is going through. it is written in a more scientific way than any other book I have read which may seem a bit harsh but it is just stating the facts. I like also the fact that they give examples of what children may be learning, how they may be behaving, which toys and games they may start liking.

Safe Dreams 4 Sided Cot Wrap with 100% cotton surface (Ivory)
Safe Dreams 4 Sided Cot Wrap with 100% cotton surface (Ivory)

5.0 out of 5 stars makes the cot cosy for a little one, 31 Dec 2011
I would recommend this wrap to every parent. We have been using it for quite a while and are very happy with it. It makes cot cosy for a little one. When they fall asleep they cannot see outside of the cot (no distraction from parents moving in the room). in contrast to many bumpers it actually goes round the whole cot not just a part of it and you do not need to remove it as the child learns to stand up because it is too soft to make a step for them to climb. it is easy to put on and take off as well as wash. It is small when packed so good for taking with you while traveling (the child is not distracted by a strange surrounding while they fall asleep in a different cot). It is quite thin so I would not say it can protect child's head if they like to bump it but will make it a bit less painful.

Old Macdonald had a Farm (Classic Books with Holes)
Old Macdonald had a Farm (Classic Books with Holes)
by Pam Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars you can sing instead of reading, 31 Dec 2011
I like the book as you can sing instead of reading and the holes make it more entertaining for a child. Additionally, the last page is with many more animals than in the song. my son points to the animals and I tell him which noises they make.

How to Catch a Star Board Book
How to Catch a Star Board Book
by Oliver Jeffers
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars beutiful images, cute story that has more than just a few pages, 31 Dec 2011
I like this book very much. Many baby books have just a few pages but this one is quite long (not the text, just many pages for the child to help you turn). The illustrations are really nice and the story is quite sweet.

Bibetta Baby Bib Large Ultrabib in Orange
Bibetta Baby Bib Large Ultrabib in Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, fabric and design, 31 Dec 2011
It is the best bib I found so far. It does not leak, it is easy to clean and use. the "pocket" catches crumbs but when you want to store it you just unfold it and the bib is flat.

VTech Soft Singing Phone
VTech Soft Singing Phone
Offered by BestChoice

4.0 out of 5 stars very entertaning and not too boring for parents, 31 Dec 2011
It is a nice toy. I found the voice levels just right and the melodies are not too boring for adults either. soft edges make it nicer for baby but it is not light enough for little ones. If I could change something I would make it possible to switch it between two modes: one when pressing buttons results in just tones like in a normal phone and one with the letters, shape names and songs. I think my son prefers the real phone because there is a direct link between him pressing a button and the sound (or light) while with this toy you often have to listen to a several seconds long melody or sound sequence and more buttons flash (this is the case with many Vtech toys, they are just overloaded with lights and sounds).

Sit Me Up Inflatable Play Ring NEW COLOUR COTTON TAIL
Sit Me Up Inflatable Play Ring NEW COLOUR COTTON TAIL
Offered by BABY best BUYS

3.0 out of 5 stars useful just for a very short time, 31 Dec 2011
In terms of quality it is a very well made item (stays inflated for weeks) but in terms of usefulness I would say it is not worth buying. I found that placing several cushions is better as you can put the child next to any toy you want and not just those provided with the ring. My baby was not very interested in those (the squeaker is difficult to use even by an adult). Additionally, as he is a rather tall boy he soon started falling back while sitting in the ring and then either crying to get him out or wriggling to his tummy and hanging from the ring.

Branching Out Sea Life Wooden Peg Puzzle
Branching Out Sea Life Wooden Peg Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars puzzle with spinners, 8 Dec 2011
I bought it when my son was about 6 months and from then he would sometimes find the puzzle and disassemble it. He is 1 year now and he still cannot put it together but he loves taking them out and throwing on the floor because if they land on the peg they spin. Probably by accident the puzzles have shapes that make them spin on hard surfaces. he likes also to put the peg into his mouth and crawl around showing off his self made "dummy". Unlike some other puzzles these are sturdy and survive chewing and dribbling.

EMBOSSED BOARD BOOKS: Textures (Bumpy Books)
EMBOSSED BOARD BOOKS: Textures (Bumpy Books)
by Emily Bolam

4.0 out of 5 stars nice pictures with embossed surfaces, 8 Dec 2011
The book is nice and has very friendly pictures but you need to keep in mind it has only embossed features - no different fabrics or shiny details.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9