Profile for Venusproject > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker
Offered by PASCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Price put me off for a long time but it is a good product., 8 July 2012
This is a great little speaker. The price is high for what it is and the cost also seems to be creeping up since its release. However it is seriously loud for its size and it has excellent sound quality.

It is mono and not stereo but most stereo speakers are wasted anyway, how many people actually sit directly in the stereo field, mono is better for most of us as its all there anywhere you position yourself.

The extra long battery life and the simplicity of it are bonuses. Previous to this I owned a monster clarity HD which I sent back as it was a cheap tinny sounding plastic speaker. I also had some soundsciecne QSB usb speakers which sounded pretty good actually but don't come anywhere near when it comes to volume levels of just one of these. Bass is limited on it but things can improve with positioning and it is only small, but the clarity and volume is superb. With the addition of a sub woofer it can make a great sound system that could replace a HiFi.

I do still have an xmini speaker but this is in a different league. I was looking for something like this for a long time and there is nothing else like it at the moment.

I highly recommend it but dont get to carried away with the price Pasce as its a stretch for a portable speaker as it is, well for most of us anyway.

If you dont mind cable though, It cant compete with the mains powered pc speakers (creative T10) I used to own for a fraction of the price for room filling sound quality, but the minirig is a product of its own. Its very portable and the battery life is amazing, it also goes really loud, it is a very handy gadget to own.

Xbox 360 4GB Console - Celebration Pack [includes Kinect Sensor, Wireless Controller, 3 Month Xbox LIVE Membership and two games]

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the whole family to spend some time together and have fun, 2 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This thing is amazing, I have had a ps3 for years and its never had much use games wise apart from it being used constantly as a video / DVD player and the odd game of sonic ( and apart from the time I was seriously addicted to gran turismo ) but the family never got much use overall as a games machine. I did own a move for the ps3 for a short time but that was very short lived, it was ok and it does work but a fail in my eyes. This is another level its amazing fun, the 10 pin bowling is awesome and the whole family can play me, my partner and two daughters 4 / 8 have had hours of fun with it. The way it tracks your body is incredible it actually feels like your bowling. Great for spending some time together and something dad doesn't mind playing with the kids. boxing is a laugh too and no body can beat me at anything yet :)

the 4 year old struggles a bit with the track and field thats all its like she not quiet big enough but the ten pin bowling alone is worth buying this machine for.

The technology isnt flawless yet but it is extremely impressive and it is great for a bit of fun. Highly recommend it over the ps3 move, and the fact you can play 2 players at once with no controllers is great. This is a great price £200 for a family pack.

Just dance has been ordered now, see what we can do with that.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars great alternative to full rack, 2 Jun 2012
solid piece of kit which you can go real heavy in full safety. I had dowts about if it would be as good as a power cage / rack but it does everything that they do in a more compact package. I have never any worry when putting big weights on there its solid. Ive only had 200kgs on there but whether its just the bar or 200k it feels the same , solid. my only gripe is it does go wide enough as standard ive modified mine so it fits a full size olympic bar so the holders are right up to the edge of the thinner inner bar just before the weight sleeves. I like it to be wide as possible for squats and bench. the only trouble with this is its not adjustable anymore for the dipping.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 8:16 PM BST

Sony Ericsson Arc S - Blue (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony Ericsson Arc S - Blue (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars love this phone great iphone alternative, 2 Jun 2012
beautiful big screen, awesome camera, very sleek and stylish, discovering more and more good apps on android, cheaper than iphone what more do you want. love it

Sony MDR-222KD Children's Headphones (Pink)
Sony MDR-222KD Children's Headphones (Pink)
Offered by Wi-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones for kids., 2 Jun 2012
my 2 daughters (ages 3 and 8)love these pink earphones they have a set each. Single chords from the one side which has less chance of getting tangles or chocking accidentally.

they sound good but they are not the highest quality sound, go and buy a pair of senhisers if you want that. They fit adults too but they go small for younger children. much better than in the ear these have soft foam and are comfortable to wear for long periods. Would highly recommend for the money.

SoundScience QSB - 30W USB Desktop Speakers with NXT DyadUSB Technology Rated 5/5 by What HiFi
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good and not very loud., 7 May 2012
These are pretty good speakers, their clarity is very good and give you a excellent stereo sound. However they are no were near as good as a set of decent mains powered speakers of a lesser price, I owned a set of creative inspire T10 before these and they where by far better sounding louder and more powerful. The creative are also available for usually a fraction of the cost of a set of these.

What I do like about these speakers are they are much neater and there is just two speakers and just two cables. They are a lot more compact, stylish ( just my opinion ) and very easy to set up. Given they are powered and audio supplied via the USB socket it is amazing what they do give out. The sound is high quality but lacking in any weight or proper bass but it is a good sound. They also have a neat little case they fit in if you want to store them or travel with them.

A good speaker and quiet impressive for USB only powered but not worth the high asking RRP which is £69 at the time of writing, there is a lot better bargains to be had which sound better if your prepared to put up with plugging them into a socket. I was slightly underwhelmed also as another reviewer said but they do sound good, I wouldnt call them amazing as some people are making out.

Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer
Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer

4.0 out of 5 stars this this is tiny, 5 Mar 2012
Bought this as it was the cheapest behringer offered. It is a nice little mixer but I decided to go for the 802 in the end, as I thought it was worth the little bit more money for the extra inputs and controls. This thing however is tiny its a great if you are looking for a super compact mixer, with limited inputs. Sound is good, but that blue power led is a problem it is mega bright! even when just glancing at it you turn away and you can see spots in your eyes. Think staring at laser pointer, was there any need for that.

Great value though for a quality piece of equipment, I just thought the for extra money on the 802 was better buy, at least for my use.

Hofner Shorty - Black
Hofner Shorty - Black
Offered by The Music Saver

4.0 out of 5 stars mines blue, good travel guitar, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Hofner Shorty - Black
This is a nice sounding guitar. It does feel a little odd and is a bit awkward to play being neck heavy, due to this it doesn't balance well when playing but playing with a strap greatly helps this, especially if the strap is attached to the headstock in my experience, but other people may not find this such an issue.

Its well made sounds great and best of all its affordable, its not a bad price when you look at other travel guitars in comparison. If you are ever going to travel why would you take an expensive travel guitar, if it was that important wouldn't you just take a much cheaper `and better' full size guitar. This does the job it was designed to do and it does it well. It has a full size neck and that feels as a real guitar would in a much smaller package.

The gig bag it comes with is also very poorly padded which is not great for a travel guitar I thought. Why not give it a harder case ? you could always wrap it in your towels I suppose : )

Hofner HCTSHBLO Contemporary Series Shorty Guitar in Blue
Hofner HCTSHBLO Contemporary Series Shorty Guitar in Blue
Offered by Biggars Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Good travel guitar for the money, 18 Feb 2012

I bought a blue one and when my partner saw it in the bag she said its tiny then when I got it out her first impression was it's hideous, I disagree personally it quite caught my eye when I first saw it. I was looking at the traveler eg-1 but they were going for much much more even second hand at the time. I would much rather put that money towards a full size Mexican Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster or whatever. If money was no object then I would have bought the traveler eg1 as it does look and probably feel better but this is a very nice affordable compromise.

Monster Clarity HD High Performance Bluetooth Speaker
Monster Clarity HD High Performance Bluetooth Speaker

2.0 out of 5 stars Well overpriced, ok sound but nothing special, 16 Jan 2012
I cant believe that people are raving so much about this product. I was really excited about getting this only to be very disappointed. It sounds ok but its nothing special its well overpriced for a start. I would price this at £30 maximum, its very cheaply made out of plastic and the sound quality ranges from quite impressive to terrible depending on the music. At best it can sound quite good for its size and the Bluetooth function is a great feature I must say. The two mobiles we have in the house connected easily (Samsung wave s8500 and an iphone 3gs) and the transmission quality is good to be fair. However it paired ok with my computer but it wouldn't transmit for some reason, I did try it with a cable also that was good.

The sound is clear but when it get complex it starts to break up, it is fairly loud but its no better than a cheapish transistor radio. The bass is very thin and some tracks when played loud sound really bad. The wife immediately said it sounds terrible and she said she prefers her little xmi mini II. She did admit though that sometimes it can sound quite good with some songs but the overall verdict wasn't good. I would say it outperforms the xmi mini II personally, in sound and volume but it not startling and at this price I would say forget it.

Bought this on the strength of reviews and youtube videos but was very disappointed when I heard it in person. If it was bigger and made of a better material like metal had a little more bass and volume I would have thought it was amazing but for £80 (what I paid). However I returned mine as it's not worth anywhere near that.

If I had bought it for £20 (or £30 considering it is Bluetooth) I would have kept it but its not worth the money even though the Bluetooth feature is nice. I would hate to think what the jawbone jambox is like going on the reviews I have read where people have actually compared the two and think this is better sounding. They are ripping people of at the price that retails at also, but I really can't comment on that as I haven't heard it personally.

2 stars

Ps

I have also seen a similar item for sale on the internet and it looks like an identical unit apart from the Bluetooth feature for £10 delivered from china, can't comment on if they use the same internal components but the exterior is identical without the monster branding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9