Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Venusproject > Reviews

Content by Venusproject

Venusproject

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Grado SR125e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphones with Carry Case
Grado SR125e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphones with Carry Case
Offered by HifiHut

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice headphones, crystal clear and very high resolution, 17 Mar. 2015
very nice headphones, crystal clear and very high resolution. open and airy but they do leak sound and everyone can hear everything.

Little Dot MK2 MKII 6J1 X2 6N6 X2 Headphone Amp Amplifier Pre-Amp Tube UK Plug
Little Dot MK2 MKII 6J1 X2 6N6 X2 Headphone Amp Amplifier Pre-Amp Tube UK Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little amp, 17 Mar. 2015
This thing is on most of the day, I run it through the tape loop of my amp and use it as a line buffer for all of whats connected to my amp. and it does add and make the sound nicer to listen too. I also use the headphone output for all my headphones, its a decent amp glad I bought it.

Neewer 5pcs 3.5mm Hands Free Computer Clip on Mini Lapel Microphone

Skullcandy Uprock 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Athletic Purple/Grey
Skullcandy Uprock 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Athletic Purple/Grey
Offered by Fameboardshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing kids or even adult headphones., 28 Feb. 2015
Ok the sound quality is not audiophile they are not for reference listening of your whole CD collection and analyzing every detail. Saying that they sound fine and you can easily live with them for music, ive heard a lot worse (especially kids headphone).

For kids however they are amazing, we have two daughters 6 & 11 and they love them. The 11 year old was too cool for on the ears headphones until we got her a pair of these in white and now she always has them on. She used to prefer the in ear buds but I would rather them wear on the ear.

The isolate sound extremely well, nothing leaks out. The only problem is they isolate them too, all I hear now is their mother shouting at them as she can not get their attention at all now when they have them on. They are a tight fit, plenty loud enough with tablet and ipos etc, comfortable with cloth rather than the leather pads so their ears don't get hot, and they are very well built, robust and look fantastic.

Dimplex Springbourne Optiflame Stove-style Electric Fire
Dimplex Springbourne Optiflame Stove-style Electric Fire
Offered by S.N.H Tradecentre

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 to 10 pound fan heater on a £150 ornament., 23 Feb. 2015
Length:: 0:25 Mins

Here we have an ornament more than anything as it is a good looking stove. The optiflame looks OK but I dont think its going to fool many people as being a real fire but it does give that warm glow however and a flamey effect. The real coals enhance the look of the fire and if its positioned somewhere such as where you would expect to see a stove type burner, then it will do its job of filling that space and looking authentic. I did check out the Dimplex opti-myst fires also at a nearby store before buying this and these are far-far superior if your looking for an genuine authentic flame type effect, honestly its amazing! However it does work on the principle of a small amount of water vapour and in my damp prone stonework house the last thing I need is any extra moisture in the air.

As for the heating part this fire it really is a £5-£10 budget fan heater just stuck to a nice looking ornament. Total heat generation is not that much and at the 1kw lower power setting its very poor unless you are sat directly in front of it and then its just warm air. If your cautious of running cost then in comparison my 1200 watt halogen heater it replaced (due to its cheap crude looks) feels like it put out more heat at 1 bar (400watt) than this does at 1000watt. And as I said if your not directly in front of the fan heater it can also feel a little drafty in the room to the side of it with it on at that 1kw setting. This model has no thermostat either not that it will get the room hot enough to switch it off, but does come with a on/off remote control. It quiet when just on fan effect but the fan heater is a bit noisy.

If I was to spend the money again and I wanted to get the stove look I would probably go for the £70ish foxhunter one that's on amazon here for around half the price. The Dimplex does seem to have the edge in the looks but it is quite a bit more money too and I have only seen the foxhunter in photos so I cant really comment on it.

One other thing the dealer I dealt with was very helpful. I would definitely recommend priceloverdeals for the lowest price and in particular John Bostock who I contacted on the phone, a good genuine seller to deal with.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32 GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32 GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job used with mobius action cam and works great., 9 Jan. 2015
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free... does the job used with mobius action cam and works great.

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone Cable (PC DVD)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone Cable (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars its not a bad game, steam version is better than any xbox ..., 9 Jan. 2015
its not a bad game, steam version is better than any xbox or pc as it saves all the info online and you can play between different pcs. advanced guitar playing is still extremly hard though and this game doesnt make it any easier,

Lenovo IdeaPad U410 14-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Graphite) - (Intel Core i7 3537U 2.0GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 24GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing is awesome, super fast, 9 Jan. 2015
This thing is awesome, super fast. its the fastest pc ive ever had and good enough for gaming at least the games ive played. Laptops are usually useless for this but this one handles serious graphics and smoothly. Looks really stylish also looks more like a mac book than a PC. touchpad is big and very good in general, the buttons are underneath though and are awkward to use practically . 2 x 3.0 usbs, cheapest i7 laptop ive ever seen which decent spec.

on the other hand

It is a touchscreen but do you really need it on a laptop, touchscreen is more of a tablet thing but it is there if you need it. Battery life is not great, need mains most of the time for intensive tasks. keyboard is a bit flexy and feels a bit flimsy, this doesnt bother me though its types fine, not as bad as reviews make out. It feels a bit bulky and heavy for a ultrabook. 14 inch screen is nice size and larger than what im used to, but I quite like the extra space to be honest, the downside is it not the best resolution screen and the colours are a bit too contrasty even with adjustment, and brightness is also not that great.

watched some bad reviews on youtube and some guy slated it saying it was cheap and nasty, I will say it is not without it faults but in geneal I love it. Power and style on the cheap

Langley 20 x ARC 2.0mm WELDING ELECTRODE RODS FOR MILD STEEL GENERAL PURPOSE TYPE E6013
Offered by Langley Steelworks Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars great rods, these were better than the ones that ..., 22 Dec. 2014
great rods , these were better than the ones that came free with my 40 quid aldi welder. They do the job

Sony SONY KDL-40W605 40 -inch LCD 1080 pixels 200 Hz TV (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars What hifi where right to give this 5 stars, 30 Nov. 2014
Wow, im back into enjoying the TV experience again.

Just upgraded my 26 inch tv to this, I tried the 32inch first but as the bezel surrounds are now so thin it actually looked smaller than my 26 on the tv stand, just didnt look right. This one however looked better, the screen is massive to us now however, its a bit of a jump from the 32 in its presence, but a stunning display. Colours are awesome too make my samsung galaxy s4 phone look dull at times and thats saying something.

I also find the sound to be perfectly adequate in our room. Not thin at all.

My kids now think they are actually in minecraft and not just playing it.

Smart features on the tv are a bonus. Watching a netfix film in HD is a new experience, details we never knew where there are now life size. What hifi where right to give this 5 stars, I am too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11