Profile for Jedberg > Reviews

Content by Jedberg

Jedberg (WATERLOOVILLE, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gloss Reflective Cat Collar with safety buckle Blue
Gloss Reflective Cat Collar with safety buckle Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars IF you need a collar go for this one, 9 Dec. 2014
My vet has been very clear that they recommend against cats wearing collars. They've seen so many injuries caused by collars and as long as your cat is micro-chipped (which is essential) there's no real reason for one.

That said, if a collar was necessary (eg to get in through a magnetic cat flap) then the only ones they consider okay are quick-release ones like this one. Although as they can come off, micro-chip-reading cat flaps are better than magnetic ones anyway.

My kitten has just started going outside, so after some research I went for this collar, which is quick release, reflective - to help traffic see her - and has a bell to help stop successful hunts and to help me know where she is. It seemed like a good idea to start her off with and at the moment I take it off when I'm not around (when she's still kept inside).

I haven't decided whether to keep her in a collar long term or not, but if I do it will be this one. It has practical value without being ugly. So far she hasn't taken it off even once (she's not going very far when she's out, but I have been taking the collar on and off without the clasp 'wearing out').

Halloween 3D Blood Handprints window clings decoration
Halloween 3D Blood Handprints window clings decoration

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Nov. 2012
They were £4.50 when I bought them, which seemed a little high but actually they stuck to the window well. They're a sort of jelly substance and I expect they'd stick well to any shiny surface. They peeled back off the window okay and have been put away ready to use again next year, so they were a good investment.

At a guess from my experience with similar products: avoid touching carpets or clothes - you'll never get the bits of fluff off. And they're too fragile to be treated carelessly so take your time.

Multi-Catch Metal Mouse Trap
Multi-Catch Metal Mouse Trap

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems promising, 11 Nov. 2012
I live in a rural area so through the winter there's the chance of field mice coming in in search of warmth and food. I bought this trap after spotting one. It seems good and secure and better than the alternatives I looked at.

It hasn't caught any mice yet (but the food hasn't gone from it either) and I'm hoping that's actually a good sign as I haven't seen any anywhere in the house. That's the reason I couldn't give this trap more stars.

Amscan International Cutout Jointed skeleton
Amscan International Cutout Jointed skeleton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Nov. 2012
Very impressed for the price! I bought it as a halloween decoration. Each major joint is fixed so it rotates (in reality dangles, but it can be stuck at funny angles). It's shiny cardboard so given the price I'd say it's durable, it last my party and will come out again next year.

Amscan International Decorative String bat
Amscan International Decorative String bat
Offered by Party Parade

3.0 out of 5 stars Only good because they're cheap, 11 Nov. 2012
These are a good option to bulk out your decorations without spending a lot. They're not good alone, but they look okay alongside other things and help transform a room. They come in 6 individual lines which you can drape around pretty much anywhere (they weigh nothing), just watch bare bulbs as I don't know how they would cope with getting very hot.

They do tangle easily so unless you're lucky you can't bank on being able to use them more than once (although you could cut the bats out to restring or use loose another year).

Halloween Light Up Pumpkin - Battery Operated - 12cm x 10cm
Halloween Light Up Pumpkin - Battery Operated - 12cm x 10cm
Offered by RetailZone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Nov. 2012
It's not big, but it's cheap and fun and the light lasted all night (with some left over for next year). Delivery was also quick at the last minute right before halloween, and it looked good alongside http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MIUTCY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

8 x Heavy Duty Metal Book Ends 180mm
8 x Heavy Duty Metal Book Ends 180mm
Offered by Globe Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, 11 Nov. 2012
I have a dark bookcase and wanted something cheap to stop the books curling/falling (as not all the shelves are full). These are not intrusive and seem to hold well - they have little rubber pads on the bottom to stop them sliding.

If you want something decorative I wouldn't choose these, or if you have a pale bookcase then maybe try to find them in a different colour. But I've put some ornaments in the spaces on my shelves and having these Ends there means I don't have to worry about whether my 'decorations' are also practical.

I needed 8 pairs of Ends (one for each shelf) and buying in bulk from a company like this was definitely worth it. Delivery was quick and cheap and the individual pairs cost less.

tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m
tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, you do need this, 11 Nov. 2012
This product works really well. It's not the prettiest thing, but it's fine for me as it's only for my cellar door. Maybe search for a more aesthetically pleasing one if that's likely to bother you. Otherwise it's easy to fit and will really last. And don't underestimate how much of a difference it makes!

Curly Snake Blow-up Inflatable Animals for Party Decoration Prop or Pool Accessory
Offered by Pinsbury

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Nov. 2012
Spiders are banned from my house, so I needed an alternative to hang around the lights for halloween. This was cheap, looked good and lasted well.

3 HANGING HALLOWEEN GHOST BALLOON DECORATIONS
3 HANGING HALLOWEEN GHOST BALLOON DECORATIONS
Offered by ZamBingo

2.0 out of 5 stars Only okay, 11 Nov. 2012
It's just 3 white balloons with 3 bits of plastic over them (think plastic bag material). Having said that they're fun and inexpensive. You could probably make your own for the same price and they'd look better, but otherwise these aren't a bad option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3