Profile for ali > Reviews

Content by ali

ali

Quilter's Ark, A   "Print on Demand Edition"
Quilter's Ark, A "Print on Demand Edition"
by Margaret Rolfe

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely resource book., 16 Jan. 2015
These patterns work and make impressive blocks. The instructions are clear and would be great for beginners and more experienced quilters alike.

The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking
The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking

4.0 out of 5 stars As the title says, 16 Jan. 2015
Can't rate as a 5 as I'm not a positive thinker. The proof is that I have made it past the first chapter and kept going. Usually I become so irritated by the "you too can do it" styles of writing that I give up.

Alan Rogers - The Best Campsites in France 2014 (Alan Rogers Guides)
Alan Rogers - The Best Campsites in France 2014 (Alan Rogers Guides)
by Alan Rogers Guides

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, 17 Oct. 2014
Helped us find some real gems. Not only are descriptions good but just knowing when sites are open helps if you are camping out of the main summer season.
The maps do take some getting used to.

The Quilter's Bible: The Indispensable Guide to Patchwork, Quilting and Applique
by Linda Clements

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all levels, 17 Oct. 2014
Just what you need. It reminds those who think they know about quilting, teaches those who don't and inspires all.

Contented Dementia: A Revolutionary New Way of Treating Dementia : 24-hour Wraparound Care for Lifelong Well-being
by Oliver James

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 17 Oct. 2014
Was recommended this by a care worker when I was trying and filing to deal with my mother's early dementia. We were both frustrated by our situation and not communicating effectively. This book explained a lot to me and enabled me to deal with conversations with mum more effectively. Helped us both.

Skagen Women's Gold Tone Mesh Band Watch 358SGGD
Skagen Women's Gold Tone Mesh Band Watch 358SGGD
Offered by Timepieces Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful slim watch, 17 Oct. 2014
Was given this exact same watch about four years ago and was very sad when I cracked the face. it is the sort of watch you can wear with all outfits, dress up or dress down. Have received many compliments about it over the years. I had no hesitation in ordering the exact same one. It is very slim so does not catch on clothes etc.

Building the Bonds of Attachment: Awakening Love in Deeply Troubled Children
Building the Bonds of Attachment: Awakening Love in Deeply Troubled Children

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 17 Oct. 2014
An interesting way to read about the effects of disturbed attachment in children.

Healing the Shame that Binds You: Recovery Classics Edition
Healing the Shame that Binds You: Recovery Classics Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars shame about second part, 13 Jan. 2013
I found the first half of this book very helpful. It gave explanations for why experiences have had such negative effects on my life.
However, I have got to the part where God suddenly becomes part of the process of repair. I stopped reading!

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

4.0 out of 5 stars wasn't sure if I would like it, 2 Oct. 2012
The Kindle touch is proving to be very good. I bought it to take on holiday as an alternative to taking loads of books but am using it more than I thought. The voice on it for reading books aloud; great on the beach when you can't be bothered to keep eyes open, takes a bit of getting used to as it's quite mechanical, but is then a nice option. found I'm reading more while travelling.

A Really Short History of Nearly Everything
A Really Short History of Nearly Everything
by Bill Bryson

5.0 out of 5 stars the best present this year, 10 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my nephew at Christmas, he is 9 and a reluctant reader. He found the illustrations inviting and kept reading bits to people. the book went round the whole family during the day, everyone dipped into it and enjoyed. A definate success.